A First For Frontier: Pre-Loading ... So Maybe They Have Learned?

I stopped by FrontierStore too and logged in, just to see if we LEP owners get a separate key to redeem there for Odyssey access like with Horizons, but no Odyssey key there.

I mean, it's literally 2 hours before the proposed launch, hardly a "preload" :D

But I suppose it's better than starting it after 1800?

Ian Phillips

Volunteer Moderator
Any chance you can check if we LEP owners also get Odyssey, since we don't seem to be getting the big download, only the small 1.8 GB one?
Best advice I have received (from a CM) is to close the launcher and re-open it.
The download should be available for everyone and the option should appear.
I'm still doing the Horizon upgrade so can't check that myself just yet.

Edit: Upgade finished. Re-starting the launcher doesn't give me the Odyssey option as yet.
"Lets get it out early.... What could possibly go wrong?" :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Best advice I have received (from a CM) is to close the launcher and re-open it.
The download should be available for everyone and the option should appear.
I'm still doing the Horizon upgrade so can't check that myself just yet.
You'll need to get the new launcher.

But that won't work right now because:

Any chance you can check if we LEP owners also get Odyssey, since we don't seem to be getting the big download, only the small 1.8 GB one?
LEP Holders WILL get Odyssey .... the situation as I post this seems to be that LEP holders don't have a 40GB+ download

oh my gawdy!!! :D

1621438663148.png

No sign of the download via the frontier launcher, I had the small 1.8gb update and now nothing. I've even tried via alt account that bought the update and that also has no option for download/preload.

I suspect it will be the same for when the alpha started and it took a number of restarts of the ED client before you were offered the update for Odyssey.

If you don't have an Odyssey pre-load, just wait. I am sure they will add it for LEP holders. It will be there in the morning.
(Basically, don't stress over it.)

Top Bottom