A guide to UA bombing.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, we can't control what services go offline. But it at least proves that we a weren't all talk and that we actually followed up on our actions. Sothis next.

Unfortunately, we can't control what services go offline. But it at least proves that we a weren't all talk and that we actually followed up on our actions. Sothis next.

hopefully we can get FDev to realize how important you and your team of rogue CMDRs are to this game and then they can post all of your 'warnings' on GalNet so those of us that care know how to fly around this type of mildly irritating drivel whenever one of your ilk feels the need to demonstrate your righteousness.

/mods hat off

i personally think, it does add to gameplay.

first of all - we have the same basic mechanic in the background-simulation. a lockdown shuts down services. a lockdown can be countered (via bountyhunting), UA bombing can be countered by selling meta alloys.

but a lockdown has a maximum duration. UA malfunctions don't have a maximum duration. i'd say this adds something to gameplay - an effect with which will be permanent, if not countered.

getting UAs is quite hard - if you farm the shell, you'll get around 4 per hour. getting meta alloys is easy - you can buy them. you can bring big loads of it. transporting UAs is hard - because they damage moduls. if you take corrosive racks, you are resricted by their pityfull size.

while i can understand the feeling of "why do they spoil my fun in station xxx" - the very same would go for any BGS activity. why do people transport medicines to an outbreak system, which i use to farm pharmaceutical isolators? why are they spoiling my fun? why do players expand a faction into a system and take over control, when i was just allied with all factions? why do they end my boom by bringing war, and i can't get those nice boom delivery missions anymore?

we share a galaxy. we should embrace the effects of other players activities on our galaxy, even if it is UA-bombing, even if it effects our gameplay. it makes the galaxy more alive.

Hear, hear! Even in a galaxy of over 400 billion stars, there will always be someone who just wants to poop in everyone else's ice-cream . . . get a helmet! Or keep burning them down until they rage-quit!

Panticus

Banned
Hear, hear! Even in a galaxy of over 400 billion stars, there will always be someone who just wants to poop in everyone else's ice-cream . . . get a helmet! Or keep burning them down until they rage-quit!

'P*ss on your chips' is the usual British expression, if anyone is wondering. :)

So lets talk ua's there's not alot of info out there so I'll provide it.
To those who wish to cause anarchy among the civilized player space in the game may not be aware of this tactic,.

you can find these unknown artefacts and sell them to a black market to render a station offline. So how do you do it?

firstly get a ship that can handle it, i recommend an asp or an anaconda

fill up all your module and weapon slots d rated for extra jump put a cargo rack which ever size and fill the rest with afmu modules b rated.

Now go towards merope system and plot some systems 130 to 150 ly out and search around for a uss called anomonly detected threat 4. When you jump in it'll be a ua and you scoop it.

While it's in your hold it'll damage your ship so you need the afmu mods to keep everything nice and repaired.especially the cargo hatch (the damage stacks the more you have).

Once you have enough jump to your target and sell the ua's repeat until the station goes offline or the demand stays at 0 after leaving and coming back

Theres also an easier way. Go to one of the 2 known tip off planets that spawn ua's (Google the coordinates) and see if it's active. omega 1 aquirii or something or izanami both have ship wrecks at specific coords that spawn ua's on the ground just relog and pick 2 up in srv and transfer to ship. Keep your ship on the ground and be in it when you relog so you don't have to recall it. Also professor palin sells corrosion resistant cargo racks especially for this purpose and max cargo is 2t per rack, an anaconda can hold 18 ua's total with shields and not take any damage. Easy peezy. I will be ua bombing ceos and sothis so if anybody wants to help you're more than welcome. Cheers.

I'll make sure to drop off any MetaAlloys I come across at Ceos and Sothis.

Is there a purpose to this other than getting your jollies in at everyone else's expense? I'm a new player and haven't gotten into the Alliance/Federation/Empire struggle, so I'd appreciate if someone spoonfed me the reasoning behind this.

Is there a purpose to this other than getting your jollies in at everyone else's expense? I'm a new player and haven't gotten into the Alliance/Federation/Empire struggle, so I'd appreciate if someone spoonfed me the reasoning behind this.

Some think it (Ceos/Sothis) breaks the balance of things (me) others like jollies.

Haha it's a goat.

Here's my favourite goat-pic... can't look at it without laughing :)

braces.jpg~c200

Some think it (Ceos/Sothis) breaks the balance of things (me) others like jollies.

If FD did not want us making million doing long haul missions, then they could have easily adjusted the payouts from those. It is quite clearly intended for us to make that kind of credits.

If FD did not want us making million doing long haul missions, then they could have easily adjusted the payouts from those. It is quite clearly intended for us to make that kind of credits.

I made credits quicker doing the Lave rare triangle than I make doing the Ceos/ sothis. Yes you can make alot but it's time consuming and now with the sad little people UA bombing it's even longer process to make credits.

The payout makes perfect sense if people would do math. It's easy to find 500k-1m cargo deliver 30-40ly distance routes. Now times that by the LRH missions of 400ly which is 10 times the distance. 10x 500K or 1m you have the 5-10m missions in Ceos and Sothis.

Last edited:
Yeah. Funny that... "Board flipping" / "mode switching" to stack missions at Sothis/Ceos is an "exploit", a "broken mechanic", and "maybe even a down right cheat" according to the OP's posts in the "OPERATION ORPHEUS" thread, and yet here he is suggesting people "relog" so that they can stack UAs.

It's almost as amusing as how another CMDR has just started an anti-Sothis campaign even though he used it himself recently to make vast sums of money with a Cutter.

<chinstroke.gif>

Yeah the amount of hypocrisy is real when it comes to this UA bombing thing. Funny how 17 Draconis never gets hit. Seems people don't have any problem abusing the hell out of the Corvette grind out there JS. Most over powered rank grind in the game, but yet target Empire stations, the longer range smuggling stations. Seems to me that hiding behind the mod switching is all a bunch of bull     and this is really just a way to put other players behind while you still abuse the same mechanics that you are claiming to hate.

If you were truly about this you would pledge to Braben for the ultimate fix. Adjust those missions put the game open mode only and wipe all CMDR saves. That is the real way to fix that problem.

Just a question, why are u planning on UA bombing Sothis and Ceos? I see no reason other then screwing over pilots looking to make some credits? Seems counter productive really.

Just a question, why are u planning on UA bombing Sothis and Ceos? I see no reason other then screwing over pilots looking to make some credits? Seems counter productive really.

I'd do it because of the balancing.

No real way to pirate people doing this and the money you make from places like that is way more than what you'll make with trading in a ship like the Asp or Python. Don't much care if you make a lot of money but then I would at least like it all to be balanced out so I can make a lot of money as well doing whatever I wanna do. It also seems to breed a lot more loggers in big ships which also ain't good for piracy. In general if all you want is a quick buck I'd happily take a share.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom