A short introduction!

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Thanks for the kind messages everyone! It's great to be part of such a welcoming community.

Thats one of the reason's i like it so much here. I feel this is one of the most "friendly" game community's i have ever been part of. Im glad dev's feel the same way [happy]

Heya Vampiro.

It's a tricky one really. The Community team have a few people which cover a wide range of areas. There's Brett C who you will all have seen and know well. He's the "Forum Manager" because his primary focus is on the forums and supporting the volunteer moderators. This also includes a lot of the finer technical management of the day to day running of the forums.

Then we also have Dale, He's the Social Media Community Manager. He is the guy that posts up the social media content every day, replies on Twitter, Facebook and reddit and also makes the social media adverts for Frontier.

Finally we have the Community Content Managers, that's Ed and Bo. They're here to help create as much cool and interesting community content as possible so that would be things like regular livestreams, newsletters, updates, working with great content creators in the community, etc. Ed's still here and certainly hasn't been turned into a biscuit [hehe], In fact it’s because of the really great work that Ed has done to create interesting livestreams and content that we want to do more.

What it really means is that each one of the wonderful people mentioned above are all "Community Managers" really, they just have slightly different titles between them because they focus on different areas. That being said, this is just a small part of what each one of the team do. They do cross over projects/work from time to time and they're all very awesome people who work incredibly hard. [happy]

We're very happy to have Bo join us and we're hoping that once she's nicely settled in we'll start to see more additional community related streams (not just the build up to new alpha releases) as well as other cool content. Bo will be focusing more on Planet Coaster so if you have any cool community projects, events, ideas and content you would like to see then this is definitely the time to ask. [happy]

Thank you Zac for your above information.

And then you have got Granddad (myself) the oldest member of this community, reliving his second childhood with this magnificent game. It beats any medication prescribed by my doctor. [haha] [haha] [haha]
Welcome to the Forums Bo, it's nice to have a lady as part of the team.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Thats one of the reason's i like it so much here. I feel this is one of the most "friendly" game community's i have ever been part of. Im glad dev's feel the same way [happy]

I'll second that Vampiro. [up] [up]
Everyone on these forums, are a great bunch of guys and gals, including all the team at Frontier! [yesnod]

Last edited:

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
And then you have got Granddad (myself) the oldest member of this community, reliving his second childhood with this magnificent game. It beats any medication prescribed by my doctor. [haha] [haha] [haha]
Welcome to the Forums Bo, it's nice to have a lady as part of the team.

Wow, that is awesome! And thank you so much :) :) :)!

working with great content creators in the community

I'm willing to offer my time as a coaster designer. Please feel free to contact me for whatever projects and events you decide to run!

Bo will be focusing more on Planet Coaster so if you have any cool community projects, events, ideas and content you would like to see then this is definitely the time to ask. [happy]

I would love to see a 2 stage contest with the first stage being a coaster design only contest, followed by theming/building of the winning coaster(s).

I would also like to see a sub-forum for collaboration projects!

Thanks!

Last edited:
All these 'community' team members and yet we still can't get our key questions answered -.-

Edit (Before anyone starts having a go) - This is totally just my opinion and if you don't agree with me fine.

But for christs sake you don't have to look far on the fourm for frustrated, paying! players round here. Take the fourm thread 'Speculation: Alpha 3 live streams and date' started back in June with a whopping 255 replies and probably thousands of views... Do we have an answer?....

No we bloody well don't

Last edited:
All these 'community' team members and yet we still can't get our key questions answered -.-

Edit (Before anyone starts having a go) - This is totally just my opinion and if you don't agree with me fine.

But for christs sake you don't have to look far on the fourm for frustrated, paying! players round here. Take the fourm thread 'Speculation: Alpha 3 live streams and date' started back in June with a whopping 255 replies and probably thousands of views... Do we have an answer?....

No we bloody well don't

And the thread was going so well [ugh] Did you really need to post that here?

Brett C

Frontier

No we bloody well don't

Patience pays off. [happy][up]

Patience pays off. [happy][up]

I agree with you Brett - patience is important, as is trust. And people should understand that often it's better for developers to listen to the general desires of the community rather than involve themselves in the debates directly. It could also be a disaster if you told us everything you guys want to get into alpha 3 as of course, some things may change or may simply prove not feasible as development moves forwards, and that would lead to disappointment!

The trust thing is important here. The community should trust that you guys are listening and will incorporate as much of what people want as you can, in the timeframe you have. And it's perfectly professional and reasonable that you set your own internal deadlines for when you have to be a position to reveal where you're at periodically.

Can Frontier be trusted? Well... So far the game has turned out better in most areas than anyone asked for or expected right at the very start (no one, ever, thought to even ask for voxel terrain). And there have been several occasions where features asked for haven't just emerged in an update, but actually been implemented in a better way than suggested or asked for. So yes I think they can be trusted.

Frankly, this game would be a hit so long as it beat off the competition, which was beyond doubt a long time ago now. The fact Frontier keep pushing to make the 'best' game they possibly can, as opposed to a game which is just good enough to sell 'enough', is something quite unusual in the modern world of gaming!

Part of producing and publishing a game these days is community interaction and meeting expectations. It's as important as the development of the game itself in the modern age of social networking. So in the same way it wouldn't be helpful to walk around the studio asking the devs what they're doing and when they'll have finished it, it's not helpful to question the community and sharing policies either. All evidence points to the fact they're organised, committed and doing the best they can according to the plans they have.

And the thread was going so well [ugh] Did you really need to post that here?

Firstly, yes welcome Bo [happy]

But second, I agree with 'Gould-Digger', as I too have never really understood why the 'devs' are reluctant to share anything of significance with us paying Alpha players, yes I appreciate the game is 'work in progress' and subject to change, but surely there's no reason withholding info regards 'confirmed' rides, and I don't mean just 'coaster cars' [bored] for example, 'tea cups' was in the original trailer, which is of course even before alpha1 was released, yet has it ever been confirmed.

Now I understand the need to tease, and drip feed us with the occasional bit of content, but why is it only of late either, 'themes' 'entertainers' 'peep' related, why have there never (correct me if I'm wrong) been 'confirmed' pics of 'flat rides'.

Just one 'screenshot' of a new confirmed flat ride would be appreciated next 'Devs', if nothing else it'll confirm you aren't deliberately withholding them [squeeeeee]

Last edited:
Top Bottom