Notice A statement on cheating in Elite Dangerous.

SLFs tend to insta-pop when hit by some rails. And reverski Phantoms rely on high shields and the range falloff. Did you record?

SLFs tend to insta-pop when hit by some rails. And reverski Phantoms rely on high shields and the range falloff. Did you record?
Did not record. Sure, slfs will pop and I give the commander credit for good aiming, but the strange thing was that he missed me in my cutter sometimes with long range rails. I used fixed long range beams and was (nearly :) ) constantly able to hit him. I know rails have more dps (and dpe?) but I also know, that cutters have a lot more shield than a krait, so I just want to test it out and flee when my shields go down to much (no pvp loadout, so no SCBs, but good overall shield). Strange thing was, that his shields did go down slower than mine by a noticeble amount. But said all that, he also may have popped SCBs when out of reach and I was not aware because of the distance. But normally you can see it clearly...

I did not accuse or report the commander of cheating, cause I'm new in open and very aware, that there are better commanders and loadouts out there, but this was strange
if you take pvp seriously here there are many disappointments waiting for you. tl;dr: don't.

long answer:
while this doesn't sound like cheating, a determined cheater would alter values just enough to not get noticed, and would probably get away with it most of the time.

if it isn't cheating, network performance will eventually bring you many surprises too, from enemies just vanishing to zig zagging all over the place, spiced up with sudden spikes of damage out of nowhere or shields that seem immune for a while. this is all normal, and flimsy enough for someone randomly buying himself 20% extra damage or shield to really make that much of a difference in the big picture. just go fight someone else. cheating isn't that much an issue because the platform isn't up to par anyway, in general people don't seem too worried about it and frontier doesn't care much either.

if it isn't cheating, network performance will eventually bring you many surprises too, from enemies just vanishing to zig zagging all over the place, spiced up with sudden spikes of damage out of nowhere or shields that seem immune for a while. this is all normal, and flimsy enough for someone randomly buying himself 20% extra damage or shield to really make that much of a difference in the big picture. just go fight someone else. cheating isn't that much an issue because the platform isn't up to par anyway, in general people don't seem too worried about it and frontier doesn't care much either.

This and the OP is (unintentionally) a general statement against PvP in Elite rather than actually against cheating. But I agree on one point: just don't take this nonsense seriously. My tip of the day: Vote with your feet and go to Solo mode. Leave PvP to all those fools who still take it seriously...

Last edited:
if you take pvp seriously here there are many disappointments waiting for you. tl;dr: don't.

long answer:
while this doesn't sound like cheating, a determined cheater would alter values just enough to not get noticed, and would probably get away with it most of the time.

Hmm, sounds worse than I tought. It was a great experiance when I got ganked the first time by a commanders vette. Sad, but I tend to stay in open...and will not take it too serious :)

It's all about what you are seeking to experience. If you like to be ganked, to have guys go after you seeking uneven fights with easy prey like newbies and (near) defence-less vessels, and who apparently wait all day long at popular spots like engineers or Jameson's just to do that, you have come to the absolutely right place - that is Open for you in a nutshell.

Solo or private groups give you a fun experience if you don't wish to focus your game-play mainly on PvP or click on the rebuy-screen repeatedly for no good reason.

Top Bottom