Ability to send messages into Inbox

Greetings.

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but I think that it would be a great idea to introduce the ability to send messages into other players' inboxes. I mean here:

I think this would be a great communication improvement - currently, it is very hard to contact a player unless they are online, and you have to be friends with that player if you are in different systems. A lot of the time, they might not even see my messages, because they're busy doing something. If it was possible to send messages into the inbox, they could read it at a later stage. This shouldn't be to hard to implement from a programmatic point of view, and message limits per minute could be introduced to prevent spam, etc.

What do you think? o7

Hell no.
At least not without making absolutely sure I (as the receiver) am in total control who would be allowed to msg me...
As someone else on here mentioned, they could add options that limit the amount of people that can message you - like Friends Only, Squadron Only, etc..

What I'd be interested in is messages from the outside world, particularly as I'm in VR.

I use Telegram chat a lot and it's a bit annoying to have to lift up the headset to read what someone has just sent me. Would much prefer to stay in the ED world and only pop out when needed.

If a mail-like function is to be added, please do not make the hyperjump interrupt typing out the message.
Its bad enough that typing chat messages are interrupted on the jump (a good down time for short messages). This behavior accentuates the fact that the hyperjump is a loading screen. The cockpit UI layer should not be affected by anything other than transitions to the galaxy map, or escaping to the main menu.

Greetings.

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but I think that it would be a great idea to introduce the ability to send messages into other players' inboxes. I mean here:

View attachment 145023

I think this would be a great communication improvement - currently, it is very hard to contact a player unless they are online, and you have to be friends with that player if you are in different systems. A lot of the time, they might not even see my messages, because they're busy doing something. If it was possible to send messages into the inbox, they could read it at a later stage. This shouldn't be to hard to implement from a programmatic point of view, and message limits per minute could be introduced to prevent spam, etc.

What do you think? o7
Uhm.. only from friends! Otherwise I can already see messages that promote enlargement of personal probes...

I think not. Someone would invariably figure out how to spam an audience.
Spamming isn't really a problem in the comms panel, so I don't see why it would be in the inbox. Simply add a timeout between sending messages, spam detection and give recipients control over who they can get messages from (Friends, squadron, everyone, etc..) - pretty much how "mail" is implemented in other MMO games.

Top Bottom