COMPLETED CG Aegis Appeal for Guardian Artefacts

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Well looks like I am alone with my opinion regarding CG's game mechanics. Fair enough. If the majority of players likes it as it is, I guess Frontier is doing it right.

If one person says it at least ten people are thinking it. But ED is losing its uniqueness and becoming more like every other game day by day and little by little.

I can see an argument for allowing the contributions to continue after CG reaches target so busy people can log in one their usual Wednesday and still contribute to the 'Community Goal' for RP or to feel part of it, nobody should feel excluded imo, but not while they have 75% or exclusive rewards and someone can get knocked out after the fact, and not for yet another bonus tier otherwise why not just start it with an extra tier in the first place.

There was one once for a Decal and it was available to anyone who docked at the station for a week or two after the CG iirc. I made it back from an expedition 6 days late and still bought the CG required goods and delivered them just to 'earn' my Decal, to feel like I contributed, nobody cared but me but I did care. I know what you mean.

Free Guardian Gauss cannons shipping now to storage...

E0N94fhXMAY9OHx

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
Damn, I was too late. Have a cargo hold with 250 artefacts. What a waste of time. I just hate it. Why can't they just make it possible to overcharge this kind of missions.
It's not a total waste of time, they didn't cost you anything and you still get to make a profit! Anyway, seems I had 20 artefacts in my hold when the 'snapshot' for the Alpha was taken. I noticed them after being interdicted while doing missions in the Alpha and found they were the reason. I was going to sell them but unfortunately accidentally ran a guard over with my SRV.... and got blown up LOL! :ROFLMAO:

I know and I did. But it is not about money. It is about wether or not being part of a community event. In my opinion it is kind of poor game mechanics to be thrown out of the event like that. The timetable was scheduled until Thursday, so I think everybody should have the chance to participate until Thursday.
When reaching the target number of the event on Tuesday they should rather unlock some bonus for the overdone effort than just closing the event. Game mechanics should rather be rewarding than punishing. It's that easy.
Thursday is the time-limit for a CG so that if it doesn't complete before then, that is when it will end.

To point it straight: I am well aware how CG's work and that it is my own fault missing any progress in this event. Not looking for excuses here.

But it is still my opinion that the game design of this CG could be better. Sometimes real life kicks in and some people are not able to check every few hours what the progress is. Especially with this event, when on monday evening the event was not even half done and on tuesday evening it was already over.
You probably don't realise how difficult it is for Frontier to try and guesstimate how well a CG will be attended each week. So many factors come into it, such as whether anything else is going on at the same time (Alpha could have made a difference but most of the time it was down prior to the start of Phase 4 or things could have been different). To be honest, this was one of the better CGs for timing - it lasted past the weekend and was only just over a day short of the final time-limit. Pretty good going I think. You really need to pay attention to your transactions panel - or if for any reason you had not signed up, either here or Inara can give a good indication of how things are going. I often use Inara during the day and log into the game if I notice a landmark (eg completed Tier) approaching so that I can keep CG threads updated.

Yo GraphiteGB, how come you have 4 rails worth 100CR each? I thought only the 2 from the recent CG existed.
There normal generic rails... 😜

Thats the Storage screen for my HOLE weapon and module storage not just CG bonuses... (y)
This will show all items on all stations and all Fleet carriers storage you have ...
When a FC is in the same system as A station your docked at the transfer fee to transfer From storage of a FC is reduced to a minimum fee and minimum time of 5 mins for transfer....Im a FC owner. so keep as much weapons as I can on it...
1619865778224.png

Last edited:
There normal generic rails... 😜

Thats the Storage screen for my HOLE weapon and module storage not just CG bonuses... (y)
This will show all items on all stations and all Fleet carriers storage you have ...
When a FC is in the same system as A station your docked at the transfer fee to transfer From storage of a FC is reduced to a minimum fee and minimum time of 5 mins for transfer....Im a FC owner. so keep as much weapons as I can on it...
View attachment 224493
Ok gotcha, thanks.

Damn, I was too late. Have a cargo hold with 250 artefacts. What a waste of time. I just hate it. Why can't they just make it possible to overcharge this kind of missions.
I'd very much like to buy those off of you. If you have a carrier feel free to put them on the market, or just sell to mine.

PM me for details, location, etc.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom