AEGIS Core faction sighted at Sol

I saw them do it, transporting UA's into Sol system, around that time. Must have been close to Eris or Ariel. The ship at the site was destroyed though, so can't be sure if it really had the private military outfit designation for sure. The Federal Navy was determined to attack witnesses on sight. The Black Ships carried those things in, and The Federal Navy used to quarantine them, so somebody still remembers. That was before the old conspirators resurfaced again of course, openly declaring themselves in the core systems. That's why there will be burning stations in Sol.

We don't cut off our noses to spite our faces though. Thargoids first, unless they show some sign of capitulation or interest in peace. Right now their actions are indeed hard to fathom, however, unambiguous in their hostile nature. Aegis hasn't proven itself to be anything but a little over zealous and curiously well prepared. Don't forget, the evidence against aegis is just conspiracy theory. All the stuff they're known to have done that is questionable, is typical stuff for a military/intelligence organization, unless I'm out of date.

I would expect and accept that an agency whose job is to develop methods to defeat an alien force apparently more advanced than us, is going to be doing some shady stuff if needed to get the job done. I agree it smells, always has. Smells better than thargoid overlords though. ;)

I saw them do it, transporting UA's into Sol system, around that time. Must have been close to Eris or Ariel. The ship at the site was destroyed though, so can't be sure if it really had the private military outfit designation for sure. The Federal Navy was determined to attack witnesses on sight. The Black Ships carried those things in, and The Federal Navy used to quarantine them, so somebody still remembers. That was before the old conspirators resurfaced again of course, openly declaring themselves in the core systems. That's why there will be burning stations in Sol.
They'll be swiftly defeated. Hudson space is clear of Thargoids, completely, for some time now. FUCs combined forces have proven ridiculously effective. The swarm of elite, battle hardened, AX aces that would descend on Sol in case of an invasion, would be a sight to see, and represent a terrible strategic error on the part of the thargoids. Unless they bring something totally new to the party, in which case we might need aegis in order to adapt.

Last edited:
5 democratic factions, so never any war.
Nor elections, since the system is politically locked.

An engineer that can apply FSD specials and is the premier FSD Interdictor engineer
A temporary state of affairs, of course.

Don't forget, the evidence against aegis is just conspiracy theory.
Well, yeah - shady inter-superpower military research organisations hardly leave evidence like that just lying around.

I think it's fair to say that Aegis, whether or not they are a formal successor to INRA, have the same aims, mostly the same backers, access to INRA's old technology base, and no particular distinction in methods in terms of what's been made public.

The question is not whether Aegis is a successor to INRA - de facto they are, even if none of the personnel are the same - but whether INRA/Aegis are justified in what they do. And the answer that I think depends on what it is you think they're doing...

Well, naturally I think they're mainly developing the weapons that have allowed us to expel all Thargoid presence from the core of the Federation. I admit they could be doing myriad other things as well...What do you think they're doing?

aegis being there will cause me to be there a lot more now, so, bonus feature, you might come across me or another legendary GARD pilot. ;)

Aegis being there will no doubt give reason for a lot of us to visit Sol more often. Some of us for differing reasons to yourself no doubt.

There are players who believe Aegis is actually directing the Thargoid attacks. They have some pretty convincing evidence too.

If this is the case Hudson is either in league with them and therefore a traitor to Humanity or is their useful fool.

Obviously I don't subscribe to such notions myself but thought you might want to be aware of them.

Aegis being there will no doubt give reason for a lot of us to visit Sol more often. Some of us for differing reasons to yourself no doubt.

There are players who believe Aegis is actually directing the Thargoid attacks. They have some pretty convincing evidence too.

If this is the case Hudson is either in league with them and therefore a traitor to Humanity or is their useful fool.

Obviously I don't subscribe to such notions myself but thought you might want to be aware of them.
I have heard these, they are filed under tinfoil hattery for now, but I've not closed my mind. Thanks for the warning. o7

P.S. I'm looking forward to meeting these pilots with 'other motives'. If the yokel cultists want to come to the city, let them come. ;)

Last edited:
Well, naturally I think they're mainly developing the weapons that have allowed us to expel all Thargoid presence from the core of the Federation.
Well, the one thing they don't appear to be doing is that.

Aegis brought out the AX weapons pretty quick at the start of the skirmishes - surprisingly quickly, in fact, so they're probably old INRA designs that the Federation and Empire dug out of some filing cabinet - and has done nothing since. And they're not particularly effective weapons against the larger Thargoid ships, of course.

The Guardian-based weapons were Ram Tah's, who wasn't formally cooperating with Aegis until very recently.

The most recent development in AX weapons technology has been by some minor independent corporation, again not affiliated with them.

In other areas
... they set up some research stations around the Pleiades ... and managed to get most of them set on fire and unusable within a few weeks ... and then had to rely on donations to get the materials needed for repair
... they couldn't keep control over Socho, losing it to a bunch of local criminals
... they're still unable to protect any sizable ships or structures from Thargoid attack despite having had about two years now to try to scale up the field neutralisers, with ongoing deaths.
... the forces under Adm Tanner's direct authority are pretty useless
... they can't even get a basic early warning system working that doesn't require independent pilots to hack classified broadcasts

What do you think they're doing?
Honestly? I think they're there to make it look like the superpowers have an actual plan or capabilities, to avoid the mass panic that would result if people realised they didn't - same thing as The Club, just a nice fiction for the people who want to believe that there's someone competent in charge even if they disagree on ethics or objectives. Pretty much all the actual work in both research and combat areas has been done by other people.

Well Sol has been my home system since I got it's permit, couple years back.
Aegis setting up office there is reason enough for me to move my fleet to another system and observe what happens from there.
Hey I just got a reason to play again!!

I think an intern has gotten a hold of H.Duval's acount.

If Aegis is IRNA why not only go public, but struggle with finding etc.

Why do people think the Thargoids weren't hostile over humanity looting the Meta Alloys and stealing how many UA and other stuff of theirs for how many years now?
They haven't focused their attacks in Aegis, they focused their attacks at the beginning on caches of their stuff, focusing on getting it back.
Even if they have forgotten the Mycoid that is casus belli enough, and we don't even know if they are at war with use or just like someone clearing out an infestation they found in their holiday home when they arrived and give it no more thought than that.

Nope, not me :) Canon with my group's faction and it's interests, the development of weaponry by entities such as AEGIS, Ram Tah and the like is something we endorse, although we'd prefer to take ownership of it. Disrupting such efforts would be counterproductive to that.

The only notable UA bombing I ever had a hand in was Jacques... although the intent wasn't to cause a misjump for Jacques, rather (with a bit of RP hat on) we wanted to ship a bunch of UA's to the other side of the galaxy to see if they still behaved the same way (Pointing to Merope, morse for nearest ship etc).
Might have been @Ouroburos

Nor elections, since the system is politically locked.

A temporary state of affairs, of course.

Well, yeah - shady inter-superpower military research organisations hardly leave evidence like that just lying around.

I think it's fair to say that Aegis, whether or not they are a formal successor to INRA, have the same aims, mostly the same backers, access to INRA's old technology base, and no particular distinction in methods in terms of what's been made public.

The question is not whether Aegis is a successor to INRA - de facto they are, even if none of the personnel are the same - but whether INRA/Aegis are justified in what they do. And the answer that I think depends on what it is you think they're doing...
Wait - Sol is not only locked against incoming expansions?
It is also locked internally?

LOL

Or ollobob just doing their thing :)
Pretty sure it wasn’t Ollo, I remember the post and it was coherent.
Ollo kinda rants with spellcheck off.

Someone spent a week UA bombing maybe the first Interstellar Initiative, can’t remember who, and it’s bugging me.

As I understand it Aegis put a transmitter next to every station prior to it being attacked.
Ergo The Thargoids are focusing their attacks where Aegis tell them to.

Even when it was Aegis' own labs?
Doing so gained them noting but set back and loses, wouldn't even make sense as a false flag exercise.

The initial Targets by the Thargoids were Star ports and Ships carrying Thargoid materials and technology.
The Aegis labs were full of the Unknown Artifacts and Probes, just as it was the Federal and Imperial Battlegroups hit were the ones "protecting" the respective Super powers' the hauls of Meta Alloys

People say we shot first in this conflict but it wasn't the case.
We couldn't harm Thargoids before Project Parity, and whilst we may have triggered the conflict by stealing from the Thargoids, we were not destroy their ships

Pretty sure it wasn’t Ollo, I remember the post and it was coherent.
Ollo kinda rants with spellcheck off.

Someone spent a week UA bombing maybe the first Interstellar Initiative, can’t remember who, and it’s bugging me.

Myself and a couple of other Commanders spent the empty week before the first Interstellar initiative went live trying to put the system of Zende into lockdown.

The tick before the initiative kicked off lock down was pending. When the server ticked for the event to begin Zende should have been in lockdown.

Sadly this did not happen and mysteriously the security level of the system shot all the way up again. Under normal BGS conditions this is not possible.

We suspect the hand of mod was involved.

Whatever, it didn't happen.

I have also helped Sirius Inc gain control of Delphi although I only turned up at the 89th minute to help nudge one over the line. The hard work was done by other Commanders.

Despite these efforts to make gameplay for ourselves and others the narrative of ED never changes. Aegis are no longer in charge of Delphi yet they are running a CG there. Zende was heading into lockdown but then it wasn't.

The story of Elite is on rails and sadly takes no account of what we do in game. I think this is a wasted opportunity. I think all FD need to do is join in with us instead of railroading what we do into their heavily compartmentalised narrative.

Despite this lack of feedback players such as myself will continue to chip away at the pillars of the ED story and take every opportunity to highlight the irrelevance of our actions in this game we share.

Other players are welcome to try and stop us.
Because the difference between a player driven story and a predetermined story is entertainment.

Which is why we are all here.

See you in the black sheeple!

Top Bottom