after stream discussion

The first fdev stream was pretty good to be honest, night vision, new ui and a scanner that will help me actually find things on a planet and all this makes exploration worth doing. I hope that pay outs are going to be better, im very happy they are bringing orrery view to the system map as ive always wanted one. im interested to see what I can find with this new scanner and probe. the codex is really helpful when out exploring and now im going to engineer my conda for a high jump range for exploration. 42 regions with biological and geological stuff to find and this is only the first stream and for once im excited for next fdev stream.

quick question everyone, can I probe Uranus

Here's a detailed summary: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...y-summary-of-Chapter-4-Exploration-Livestream

Wow, 6,300 people watching and it was generally positive with a little wobble in the middle (people thought planet scanning would take longer than flying to each individual planet) until Adam dropped the orrery. Then the codecs, then thousands of people were applauding. I know the Canonn Discord was on fire, they loved it. Great stream.

No, Uranus is a gas giant.

Looking forward to 3.3 and shouting at the monitor whilst pressing random buttons on the HOTAS because my Voice Attack profile won't be updated with the new key binds. [where is it]

I'm an hour and five mins into the stream and I am SO EXCITED about the changes (or should I say enhancements) to exploration!! It looks like it will actually feel like I am jumping into a system to 'work' on it for a bit as an explorer, rather than just running up to things and waiting for a timer to complete. Really really good show Frontier, cannot WAIT to play this :)

I don't know what you guys are on about. This is a disaster. Its a dumpster fire in the making. The majority of the these "changes" are revolving around things that were NEVER issues, nor were they requested. Night Vision is a colour inversion gimmick that will be used once... or twice maybe. The rest of it is a horrifying mash up of arcade level mess. Yes I agree mining was long overdue and it was a huge contention point and need revamping. But the areas that have been altered overall will harm this game and is really taking away from it particularly for seasoned long term players. Not a SINGLE core issue has been addressed or even acknowledged. Guys this is a dead game in the making. This update will fall flat, and let me tell you, speaking from experience...once you've been on the receiving end of these new gameplay exploration mechanics after ohh… say 30 hours or so... you wont be so dismissive of my points. FDev are idiots, and this update is the make or break for ALOT of players in game I know. This forum is a microcosm of overly vocal players, many of whom don't know up from down, and I wont get into the gatekeepers, that's not what the point of this reply. But mark my words this is the WRONG direction and its just more decline. I think that Elite players should proactively push back against this stupidity and stop letting a overly vocal minority of morons drag this game further into the depths of **** that it is sinking. Save for mining, which I applaud, this is furthering the end of this game by erosion of its greater player base.

The tiny screechy minority that is this forum will NOT be able to support this game as the greater community is drying up. YOUR killing your own game. STOP DOING THIS! I for one enjoy the game and have been here since the beginning, and find this tragic. This game is losing players by the hundreds every month! And its upstarts are less than half its losses. It started mid last year, I mentioned it then. Its worse now than ever. This forum isn't even the same, its degraded as well. And NO moderator can fight me on that because I remember when some of you were learning the game!!! and now your mods. You CANT tell me you haven't seen the change. If you deny it, your liars. Or your in denial. This update is NOT enough for the time and investment the community has made. Its an insult to the time and commitment that has been put in by the Elite Dangerous community, and Frontier Developments should be transparent about the realities of the coding engine and what is possible in relation to the vision that was originally given to up by David at Kickstarter, because this sure as hell isn't it... And I can assure you come 2019, there wont be anymore of this "kicking the development can down the road bit". Because there wont be anyone left to develop it for, save you lot of diehards on this forum, and newsflash...that isn't enough.

I don't know what you guys are on about. This is a disaster. Its a dumpster fire in the making. The majority of the these "changes" are revolving around things that were NEVER issues, nor were they requested. Night Vision is a colour inversion gimmick that will be used once... or twice maybe. The rest of it is a horrifying mash up of arcade level mess. Yes I agree mining was long overdue and it was a huge contention point and need revamping. But the areas that have been altered overall will harm this game and is really taking away from it particularly for seasoned long term players. Not a SINGLE core issue has been addressed or even acknowledged. Guys this is a dead game in the making. This update will fall flat, and let me tell you, speaking from experience...once you've been on the receiving end of these new gameplay exploration mechanics after ohh… say 30 hours or so... you wont be so dismissive of my points. FDev are idiots, and this update is the make or break for ALOT of players in game I know. This forum is a microcosm of overly vocal players, many of whom don't know up from down, and I wont get into the gatekeepers, that's not what the point of this reply. But mark my words this is the WRONG direction and its just more decline. I think that Elite players should proactively push back against this stupidity and stop letting a overly vocal minority of morons drag this game further into the depths of **** that it is sinking. Save for mining, which I applaud, this is furthering the end of this game by erosion of its greater player base.

The tiny screechy minority that is this forum will NOT be able to support this game as the greater community is drying up. YOUR killing your own game. STOP DOING THIS! I for one enjoy the game and have been here since the beginning, and find this tragic. This game is losing players by the hundreds every month! And its upstarts are less than half its losses. It started mid last year, I mentioned it then. Its worse now than ever. This forum isn't even the same, its degraded as well. And NO moderator can fight me on that because I remember when some of you were learning the game!!! and now your mods. You CANT tell me you haven't seen the change. If you deny it, your liars. Or your in denial. This update is NOT enough for the time and investment the community has made. Its an insult to the time and commitment that has been put in by the Elite Dangerous community, and Frontier Developments should be transparent about the realities of the coding engine and what is possible in relation to the vision that was originally given to up by David at Kickstarter, because this sure as hell isn't it... And I can assure you come 2019, there wont be anymore of this "kicking the development can down the road bit". Because there wont be anyone left to develop it for, save you lot of diehards on this forum, and newsflash...that isn't enough.
there are issues with exploration and im sure others here would agree, currently there is no solid user friendly way of finding new undiscovered things on planets which were added by fdev, did you know those bases which had thargoid dust over them were added before 2.4 and were only found a few months ago. this new scanner and probe helps the player base find interesting things on the planet without having to eyeball the surface, the scale of planets is huge and yet we cover so little of it but you are saying this isn't an issue ok. I know this game is dying I sit at the cg waiting to pirate people and yes this update is possibly the end of the line if its terrible but from what I saw from over 6k ppl watching the stream an overall positive set of comments from ppl who LIKED AND WELCOMED these changes. I'm not a diehard fdev person, id wish they would fix and punish people that combat logs but I realise more threads discussing it wont change a thing or try to explain to carebears its an exploit but just because so far you don't like the update just because your not in exploration doesn't make the update bad as there stuff to come.

Last edited:
Well, in future I will speak for you then... No seriously, if your an active participant on this forum you should be honest and critical and make your voice heard. This is the future of the game. This is serious, it really is.

Well, in future I will speak for you then... No seriously, if your an active participant on this forum you should be honest and critical and make your voice heard. This is the future of the game. This is serious, it really is.

Just to be clear here you did read my comment or can you read at all?

No insult intended, just a general question

Talking is one thing, doing it is another, i dont believe fdev reads the feedback or puts it into consideration unless its from those youtubers

VonnDeckard...

From what I have seen this evening on the live stream, I really enjoy seeing where the game is headed. Let's look at the facts not the thoughts... Not trying to show of toooo much but I'm proud of the fact that I've been playing pretty regularly from the day Elite was available on the xbox game preview program. Saying that, I haven't played as much in the last three months as I felt I needed something to sink my teeth into that just wasn't there. I love the idea of exploration (in real life, too) but haven't done much of it still (in the game). With the new enhancements I have never been more excited about exploration since the release of the game!

Maybe I will get bored, but the fact is I have gone from currently not playing much... to eagerly waiting to get my hands on the new exploration tools.

You might be right, I may get bored? But I hope you're wrong, and that you end up enjoying the new enhancements so much that you find some new life in the game :)

My impression is that Frontier are open to feedback, but please don't confuse your own thoughts on the game with everyone else's. They might not be the same as everyone else's!

Two can play at the copy/paste game ...

OK, that's your criticism ... can we have the "constructive" bit now please? What would you do? What do you want?

I like all that was shown in the stream.
My personal favourite is the lighting enhancement.

People need to take a break after 3k hours put in. Its natural. Doesn't mean they have left for good but, just taking a break.
Games far from dead, or dieing, for that matter.
I like games but no other game has ever consumed so much of my time. Elite is a master piece.

The changes look great. I've lost a lot of interest in the game mainly because exploration was getting boring, but I think quarter 4's features will change that. This may even merit resetting the game for the 5th time to reach Elite in exploration under the new system and just having that as a career. So much for the Cutter and all the engineers I just unlocked yet again...

OK bottom line. Here it is. They are adding technical gameplay complexity in leu of game content and we are sick of it. This looks cool for the first 30 hours, post that. Your done. Its a spin off compromise of last years talk about what was to come and there is continued non transparency of game direction we are done. That's the consensus of the majority of everyone ive talked to thus far. SO feel free to mentally note this post and we can talk about it in 2 months time because that's about how long its going to take for the participation drop to be felt. I stand behind what I say. What I "personally" would like to see is a restoration of the basic user controls over the ship power systems of the early game, and a fulfilment of the original roadmap points as prescribed in the original kickstarter plan and subsequent early interviews. As far as what I would "do". At this point I don't know. One thing I would do is allow greater player influence into the game world via introduced fixed resources-assets. Allow individual and group asset creation and implementation, and revamp the powerplay bubble to tie to exploration and power/resource expansion. I would also in tandem do the same with the thargoids. Now what that means is an open universe, we expand and play as much as possible based on our resource and asset ability, and there is an A.I. opposition in various sectors operating under the same frame. Also, I would integrate this so all roles become valid and can contribute in some way. And forget community goals that's just....no... We need something much more integrated into Elite. Its just too damn disconnected and repetitive. Bottom line is at this point. Im not sure what the right answer is. But this feels wrong. There are positive elements and I do like some things. But Its just more of a step in that mechanical on the rails direction and that just isn't what is needed. I just isn't.

Right there...you see. You need to actually be able to truly MAKE that an ingame career. And you really cant. Not really. We need more. This isnt it, I know where your coming from. We need the game to move into a direction of dedicated living systems that integrate all our different roles actively. We just aren't moving in that direction.

Top Bottom