COMPLETED CG Aid Achilles Aerospace in Researching Titan Travel Technology

While the service is nice, 30mil is more than enough to pay and outfit a ship for the task. 🤪
-on top of that, the experience gained from doing it manually can't be bought. :cool:
Sure, but the worst- case opportunity cost is many times greater... in the time it's taken me to find, say, three or four (120m total), i could have earned close to 500m in other activities. GG busted economy, but it is what it is

Were i able to set it higher, i think 75m per piece wouldn't be unreasonable... and there's been public offers for things like caustic tissue samples (before FD made sinks freely available) at 100m per unit.

P.S. By the way, the Sirius AXMC get very hot when shooting, so give a small increase in DPS. Is it worth it?
I THINK u mean the Azimuth one. I could be wrong but one of those vartiations does run hot and i swapped to the one that doesnt (which I think is the Sirius one) I simply dont want someone to be confused like I was at first. <3

I THINK u mean the Azimuth one. I could be wrong but one of those vartiations does run hot and i swapped to the one that doesnt (which I think is the Sirius one) I simply dont want someone to be confused like I was at first. <3
Sirius don't really have any AXMC afaik, only a modified AX missile rack.

What you're thinking of is probably the "Enhanced" AX multicannon which is called such, has much higher shot speed than its default variant and gimbals on top.

Sirius don't really have any AXMC afaik, only a modified AX missile rack.

What you're thinking of is probably the "Enhanced" AX multicannon which is called such, has much higher shot speed than its default variant and gimbals on top.
The commander at the top is right, those are Azimuth guns.
As far as I remember they have more DPS due to heat, and auto reload, they don't have any increased speed. I could be wrong though.

As far as I remember they have more DPS due to heat, and auto reload, they don't have any increased speed. I could be wrong though.
Almost right. Azimuth AXMCs use the ‘Enhanced’ version as the base for the modification, so they share the same 4,000 m/s shot speed.

And speaking of AXMCs, I’m seeing some odd reports of the AX NPCs at the Taranis debris site doing obscene amounts of damage, to the point of triggering Cyclops panic shields/overpowering active heart regen. So it’s back to another round of guessing “Bug or Feature”…

Do I understand correctly that in 2 weeks we will not be able to collect the required amount, the goal will not be reached and we will not get any engines or other improvements ?

Kind of. It’s just a general overall procedure for CGs that they require only T1 to “complete” and the higher tiers are for additional rewards.
I just spent a very long time searching the wreckage of Titan 2 and didn't find a single engine. I had 5 engines from the first Titan. I guess with the CG on the second Titan we will collect something else ....

I was expecting the ganking to increase when the caustic cloud disappeared but there's just been a whole bunch of exceedingly classy AX combat and consensual PVP when I've been in open, very cool.

The Clipper's become a bit of a monstrosity, it eats Scythes for breakfast (Azimuth AXMCs totally worth it imo, just take plenty of heat sinks!) and still has room for a drive component if I spot one...just about

The build

Last edited:
I was expecting the ganking to increase when the caustic cloud disappeared but there's just been a whole bunch of exceedingly classy AX combat and consensual PVP when I've been in open, very cool.
I'm sorry I don't quite understand that sentence. AX weapons do almost no damage to Earth ships at all. It's like a 75% penalty.

P.S. According to your build, even at rest there is more than 20% heat :(

Last edited:
I'm sorry I don't quite understand that sentence. AX weapons do almost no damage to Earth ships at all. It's like a 75% penalty.

P.S. According to your build, even at rest there is more than 20% heat :(

I don't quite understand what you don't quite understand 😂 The AX pilots and PVP pilots were different pilots, if that's what's confusing you?

I may have messed something up in the export to edsy, I had to make several edits, but it cruises under 20% in practice. It might be shutting down the FSD & hatch that does it 🤔 Not that it particularly matters as long as you don't get too close to an Interceptor, you can take any ship you like to Taranis now tbh. It gets pretty hot when firing the Azimuth cannons but that's what all the heat sinks are for. I don't even use them for Scythes really I just use the Clipper's fast roll to dodge their fire & 4k hull is plenty to tank what hits they get in, I save the heat sinks for Interceptors.

Swapping the GMRPs to MRPs is indeed probably sensible, unless you suck like me and keep getting too close to Interceptors, in which case it's handy to handy to have something non-essential to be shut down by the lightning attacks. 😅 I did wonder if it'd run colder without them, I might try swapping the 2Ds out. And sucking less 😂

I don't quite understand what you don't quite understand 😂 The AX pilots and PVP pilots were different pilots, if that's what's confusing you?

I may have messed something up in the export to edsy, I had to make several edits, but it cruises under 20% in practice. It might be shutting down the FSD & hatch that does it 🤔 Not that it particularly matters as long as you don't get too close to an Interceptor, you can take any ship you like to Taranis now tbh. It gets pretty hot when firing the Azimuth cannons but that's what all the heat sinks are for. I don't even use them for Scythes really I just use the Clipper's fast roll to dodge their fire & 4k hull is plenty to tank what hits they get in, I save the heat sinks for Interceptors.

Swapping the GMRPs to MRPs is indeed probably sensible, unless you suck like me and keep getting too close to Interceptors, in which case it's handy to handy to have something non-essential to be shut down by the lightning attacks. 😅 I did wonder if it'd run colder without them, I might try swapping the 2Ds out. And sucking less 😂
By the way, I carefully analyzed everything and if we lack a little bit of power can be used AFMU B class, we lose a little bit in the repair resource (the total number is more and the rating is less) but gain in power.
I think I am clear.

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
Just as a small heads-up, that link may be the old forum format and give a not found error, tried to pull it for a friend - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/community-goal-guide.297632/ may do the trick!
Thanks, look like the original link changed and over time has been copied to succeeding CG templates! I have now corrected it so that it works properly and will let @Kietrax know for future CGs :)

Do I understand correctly that in 2 weeks we will not be able to collect the required amount, the goal will not be reached and we will not get any engines or other improvements ?
The second tier was deliberately set high, as well as the extended time period, to give as many commanders as possible the opportunity to contribute to get the paint jobs. Only Tier 1 is needed for a CG to be a success. ;)

Last edited:
There wasn't much to scoop on the last day of the CG. Found 1 titan drive component and very few mats (caustic crystals etc).

Yeah, looks like titan wrecks will not remain as permanent thargoid mats farm sites. I went to Taranis this past weekend, roamed the place for +3 hours hoping to find some more Biomech Conduits (which there were plenty of a couple weeks back) and I couldn't find a single one. TIssue samples, mats for caustic sinks, hearts, sensors etc were also rather scarce.

I found three TDCs, though, that I was swifty dispossessed of by an NPC pirate the ONE minute I went to the bathroom.

Last edited:
Top Bottom