I use cold shield Cutter, works well
Change:
1A AFMU - del all effects
any one MPR or HRP to weapon xeno stabl 3
one laser to AX MC
POWER exp. effects to monsters.
---------
POWER ALL.

P.S. Since the 500 speed is still less than the Basilisk's 530 I prefer to drop that speed to 460, which is more like 450. At the expense of clean engines, it gives me a chance to charge shields and be cool.

Last edited:
I wonder if my super cold running Diamondback Scout will do for picking up a few of these components?
I'm new to that activity, how do I collect these materials? what ship do I need? what internals do I need for the task?

Why cold running is needed there?

How to find needed components? Sweeping though debris field?

Do I need to have activated all three anti-caustic heatsinks or only one active is absolutely fine and when it is depleted to shots switch for a fresh one?

Should I be holding on to any of the extra mats I am collecting in this CG in case it is needed for a future engineering upgrade? I noticed the caustic shards are listed as an engineering component but is currently not being used.

Do I need to have activated all three anti-caustic heatsinks or only one active is absolutely fine and when it is depleted to shots switch for a fresh one?
You should have your ship running at 20% heat or less, the Thargoids can't track you well when you're running cold. Much warmer and they will spot you quickly and come to investigate you.

The components will spawn in as you fly around the Titan wreckage, from about 25 km out from the wreckage and closer in. Pick them up with the collector limpet or scoop them. The Titan Drive Components are pretty uncommon, there will be lots of other stuff to ignore, or collect if you like.

One caustic sink launcher is used at a time. Eject the caustic sink cartridge when it's full of caustic stuff, and the next launcher will automatically take over if it is powered up.

edit: Your cold-running Diamondback Scout would probably be fine, except for if/when you do aggro the Thargoids you need about 550 m/s speed to escape from the fastest Thargoid threats you might meet.

Last edited:
Should I be holding on to any of the extra mats I am collecting in this CG in case it is needed for a future engineering upgrade? I noticed the caustic shards are listed as an engineering component but is currently not being used.
No-one knows whether they will be useful or not as far as I'm aware. You might as well pick up the Materials until the bins are filled, and you can make a bit of cash selling the other bits and pieces. Or if you're in a rush, ignore them all except for the Titan Drive Components.

edit: Caustic Shards and Corrosive Mechanisms are used for Caustic Sink refill synthesis.

Last edited:
edit: Caustic Shards and Corrosive Mechanisms are used for Caustic Sink refill synthesis.

Thanks for the help. I meant the caustic crystals. I'm going to take your advice and fill the bins and look for the titan drive components,

I'm new to that activity, how do I collect these materials? what ship do I need? what internals do I need for the task?

Here's my Titan Scavenger.

You can fit another CRCR instead of a 4D HRP if you like. With two caustic sinks, repair limpets, and two LRTV beams to keep you cold (hence undetected), the chances of your hull ever getting below 95% are minimal.

As stated a cold ship is much less likely to be spotted and target locked by anything hostile.

Yes just keep checking contacts or targeting white squares on the radar.

I run two sinks on separate triggers when one fills up/I get caustic damage warning I fire that trigger and the other one fills up.

There are no reasons other than it is inconvenient at the time not to gather any material, if you don’t need it for synthesis or engineering now or in the future it is possible you may be able to trade it for something else and later it might be needed.

Here's my Titan Scavenger.

You can fit another CRCR instead of a 4D HRP if you like. With two caustic sinks, repair limpets, and two LRTV beams to keep you cold (hence undetected), the chances of your hull ever getting below 95% are minimal.
Not quite sure why 2 big lasers ?
1 medium and 3 AX MC ? (Even 4 AX MC)

A ship without counting and cold enough even for one 2 class LRTV beam.

P.S. By the way, the Sirius AXMC get very hot when shooting, so give a small increase in DPS. Is it worth it?

Seems to have been some changes at the wreckage after the weekly tick.

Lots of AX NPC traffic at wreckage site now. No Thargoids on my trip so far. Also no caustic damage in debris field now.

Same junk floating about (haven't found TDC on my first trip in since the tick - so far).

edit: Thargoid interceptor spawned in. The AX NPCs and Thargoids fight. I helped them out to finish off a Cyclops, nearly lost my Orca and forgot to look for TDCs. Might take a more combat focused ship in next time.

Last edited:
Still 5 drive components available in HIP 8033 from Thargy Bits, for those not up for fishing.
1711621951229.png

Last edited:
I run two sinks on separate triggers when one fills up/I get caustic damage warning I fire that trigger and the other one fills up.
I run all caustic sinks on the same trigger, and only fire when all caustic sink launchers are full. Makes for easier administration. You'll get a message about taking caustic damage when one caustic sink is full, but you won't actually take damage until all caustic sinks launchers are full.

Can confirm Titan Drive Components are still dropping at the Taranis wreckage since the weekly tick, saw 2 on my 2nd trip out there.

An added complication though, as well as human NPC AX ships, there are also human NPC pirate ships at the wreckage now, and I was chased off before I could collect the 2nd TDC.

Same junk floating about (haven't found TDC on my first trip in since the tick - so far).

I made one quick trip to check it out, didn't spot any caustic shards or caustic crystals (makes sense since the caustic cloud is no more) but otherwise the same stuff, just less of it. As well as the AX ships there were NPCs in Type 7s collecting the mats too. And eventually an NPC pirate...

I made one quick trip to check it out, didn't spot any caustic shards or caustic crystals (makes sense since the caustic cloud is no more) but otherwise the same stuff, just less of it. As well as the AX ships there were NPCs in Type 7s collecting the mats too. And eventually an NPC pirate...
Got both of these and Corrosive Mechanisms - this and Caustic Shards useful for synthing Caustic Sinks at the now available Titan Leigong.

If NPC Pirates at Taranis are too aggressive, we can now go to Leigong.
I'm not saying they are, or complaining about the game play, as it does actually make sense now that the caustic cloud is gone - more pilots and all ships can now 'Salvage'.

EDIT you also exit with SCA on at 10-12km from Titan, in case you are new to it.
I also collect everything so I need 2 x 4E CRCR's and then FC (1 x 4E CRCR may not be enough to carry all caustic cargo found in 1 trip).

Last edited:
Not quite sure why 2 big lasers ?
1 medium and 3 AX MC ? (Even 4 AX MC)
A ship without counting and cold enough even for one 2 class LRTV beam.
Why so much MRP/HRP?

Cause I'm lazy and it's a refit from another build. I just swapped around what I needed to pick up the ONE drive component required by the CG and that's it. I didn't go there to fight bugs. In fact, I avoid thargoid content. I'm engaged in this titan stuff because of the rewards. Nothing more.

P.S. By the way, the Sirius AXMC get very hot when shooting, so give a small increase in DPS. Is it worth it?

I wouldn't know. I would say yes given that apparently you can wear the heat off with a laser pointer.

Top Bottom