COMPLETED CG Aid Achilles Aerospace in Researching Titan Travel Technology

I'm new to that activity, how do I collect these materials? what ship do I need? what internals do I need for the task?

I'm new to that activity, how do I collect these materials? what ship do I need? what internals do I need for the task?
Something reasonably fast that can stay below 20% heat at thrust, take 1 or 2 class 4 CRCR-s, 2 or 3 caustic sink launchers and a single class 1 collector limpet. You want some hull and MRP or two, long range sensors and low emission power plant. A decontamination limpet for backup is useful. Cobra, Courier, Phantom, Clipper—all would work. I use Clipper.

Something reasonably fast that can stay below 20% heat at thrust, take 1 or 2 class 4 CRCR-s, 2 or 3 caustic sink launchers and a single class 1 collector limpet. You want some hull and MRP or two, long range sensors and low emission power plant. A decontamination limpet for backup is useful. Cobra, Courier, Phantom, Clipper—all would work. I use Clipper.

I didnt even bother with the collectors after the first hour. Too complicated

I was just roaming around in a cold Krait mk2 (around 17% heat) - around 4-17km away from the center, trying to avoid the natives while scooping materials (primarily for caustic sink re-synths) and ramming all cargo that wasnt the Drives.
Why picking materials and ramming the random cargo - because i noticed that as soon as i was doing so, something else respawned and i assumed that may increase the chances for Drives to spawn (no idea if doing so actually helps - but i wasnt in the mood for relogs nor for roaming around doing nothing)

Having collectors out meant they picked stuff that i didnt want to pick - basically anything except the Drives - so i was either losing collectors for nothing (they went too far) or they were clogging my cargo with stuff i did not need.

If you get some scouts on your tail, the 3 large axmc will take care while afmu and repair limpets will fix you up

I didnt even bother with the collectors after the first hour. Too complicated

I was just roaming around in a cold Krait mk2 (around 17% heat) - around 4-17km away from the center, trying to avoid the natives while scooping materials (primarily for caustic sink re-synths) and ramming all cargo that wasnt the Drives.
Why picking materials and ramming the random cargo - because i noticed that as soon as i was doing so, something else respawned and i assumed that may increase the chances for Drives to spawn (no idea if doing so actually helps - but i wasnt in the mood for relogs nor for roaming around doing nothing)

Having collectors out meant they picked stuff that i didnt want to pick - basically anything except the Drives - so i was either losing collectors for nothing (they went too far) or they were clogging my cargo with stuff i did not need.

If you get some scouts on your tail, the 3 large axmc will take care while afmu and repair limpets will fix you up
You can stop the collectors from picking up stuff you don't want by adding those things to the ignore list.

I am using two standard caustic sink launchers and five 1F (capacity 2 each) Corrosion Resistant Cargo Racks from Professor Palin.

You can scoop them or use a collector limpet, I have been doing both.

Your ship needs to run below 20% heat and be capable of high speed, I am using an Orca.

You can stop the collectors from picking up stuff you don't want by adding those things to the ignore list.

Ofc, but that doesnt help me to destroy stuff i dont want, so the stuff i want can spawn (my collection ignore list was really big withing 15 minutes of getting at Taranis and then it took me a while to clean it)

It should do - slap a couple of caustic sinks on there and you ought to be fine. Just don't go too close to the big pieces of wreckage and don't pick up any bio-pods and you shouldn't get attacked.

Curious what sensors are being used by those having trouble finding the drive components. I've got A rated long range G5 sensors. Two visits found zero then three drive components but that's a very small sample.

A rated engineered for lightweight. Took three visits, but I found two on that last visit.

I think it's just the luck of the RNG

Curious what sensors are being used by those having trouble finding the drive components. I've got A rated long range G5 sensors. Two visits found zero then three drive components but that's a very small sample.
A rated and engineered for long range to the max.
I only find about one drive component for every 3 visits, each visit lasting about an hour. Just a tad annoying, but I'm keeping myself entertained with collecting meta alloys, hearts, and bio capsules while killing goids.

Where do you sell all the other junk?

I mean apart from Titan tissue samples and variations, there's all sorts of other Thargoid samples and materials that you can pick up. The demand on those things has always been 0 where I've been. Is there any place in the galaxy that wants this stuff?

6D G5 long range - detection range for mats/cargo is around 7km or a bit under, detection for interceptors is about 13+km while the 6D G5 long range sensors have max range 14km and emission range of 9.4km
I have yet to test long range A-rated sensors in the Titan wreckage soup

Where do you sell all the other junk?

I mean apart from Titan tissue samples and variations, there's all sorts of other Thargoid samples and materials that you can pick up. The demand on those things has always been 0 where I've been. Is there any place in the galaxy that wants this stuff?
Pretty much any station will buy it, but not necessarily for the best possible price if the demand is low or zero.

I only find about one drive component for every 3 visits
Wow, three in the last run. Seems to be either a deluge or a drought with this RNG.
Plus nailed a Scythe and rescued a bunch of bio capsules from the wreckage (I'm not very AX combat talented, so I'll take what I can get).

Not having any particular trouble, I am using 4D G4 lightweight so about 5km range.

Top Bottom