Alec's best of the forum (and elsewhere) [v2]

Trending - Cmdr Dreamstate is continuing his relentless pursuit of the "dark squares on planet surfaces" bug and needs your help with a potential theory!

Added "Joystick Gremlin" to the "Controller accessories, add-ons and other tools to improve the ED experience" section.

Edit: also renamed "Science, Mystery and Lore" to "Mysterious things and Lore" ("science" is a bit misleading for newcomers plus this chimes nicely with what FD tend to write in their patch notes).

Last edited:
Trending - more C&P changes + the winners of the latest Buckyball Race are announced.

Also - materials storage increases (Sandro is on a roll today!).

Last edited:
Added Cmdr Roraima's excellent Easy Material Collection Guide to the "Misc' other useful and/or interesting links" section.

Added Eventure's superb "Trade Computer Extension Mk.II" to the "Accessories, add-ons and tools to improve the ED experience" section.

Fancy automatically generating a video like this of your travels around the galaxy?

[video=youtube_share;Y-jVW7g2rfo]https://youtu.be/Y-jVW7g2rfo[/video]

Then when not try out Cmdr Orvidius' superb travel video generator to be found over in the "Other 3rd party sites and tools" section.

P.S. don't all rush at once or you might just bring his server to its knees!

P.P.S. and please go and bung him some rep' because this is a stunning bit of work.

Last edited:
Move a pile of older Trending stuff into the "Older stuff" spoiler and added a new link for Qohen Leth's beautiful DW2 "Grand Tour" posters.

Trending: Cmdr Arithon has updated his brilliant ship blueprints to include the Chieftain, Type 10 and Thargoid vessels as well as a superb new trailer video.

Updated Cmdr Orvidius' travel video and map making entry with a direct link to his new website + Trending - social events in Reading (UK) and Portland (Oregon).

Edit: also added Roguey's ship builds website (kind of like Grindr for ships :p) to "Ships, weapon stat's, combat tips, etc"

Last edited:
Trending: Sandro Sammarco wants feedback on the 3.0 Kill Warrant Scanner changes!

gbQNXJz.png

I've been toying with creating a brand new VR thread containing all the best advice on graphics settings, comfort, headset reviews, etc ('cos quite a lot of the VR threads I refer to in the OP are both long and really old now). In the meantime I've added an FAQ to the VR section and dropped in some words I wrote a while back on how to operate the galaxy map. I'll probably just expand on that FAQ for a while and maybe leave the new thread until I've gathered together enough good solid posts to warrant creating it.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: ilo
I've been toying with creating a brand new VR thread containing all the best advice on graphics settings, comfort, headset reviews, etc ('cos quite a lot of the VR threads I refer to in the OP are both long and really old now). In the meantime I've added an FAQ to the VR section and dropped in some words I wrote a while back on how to operate the galaxy map. I'll probably just expand on that FAQ for a while and maybe leave the new thread until I've gathered together enough good solid posts to warrant creating it.

Just wanted to say thanks ;)

Top Bottom