Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Alien Flower --> Barnacle fuel scooping SHOCKER*!

This is awesome.

* Any description of what we're seeing is entirely conjecture on my part.

Check everything! Doubles, singles, guarded, unguarded, ripe, dead… it's all unanswered at this point!

Can you get visual on the state of the spikes before & after the harvesting event? It's not clear whether the spikes are being harvested or whether the material is coming from the within the barnacle main body.
i.e. Are they collecting MA, or are the MA leftover & unwanted waste products?

Last edited:
Atched a couple of those videos.

Lol at the ramming attempt in the 1st one - looks like the rammer got hit by and interrupted the 'harvesting' beam.

The pulling effect seems to be quite narrow area, the other SRV didn't get pulled up - SRV didn't have any effect on the 'harvesting' beam when it tumbled through the beam.

And it looked like the SRV was still floating for a few seconds after the beam disappeared.

Ah, the autumn harvest, filling up the grain silos for winter. :9

Looks like the "stopper plug" in the barnacle sinks down a little, allowing material to flow around it..?
...and the "petals" seem to float free from the body of the ship, without any mechanical linkage...

So this may seem obvious but I've noticed all the recorded "interactions" all fall within a few minutes of the hour or half-hour marks of whatever time it is, making me think these are scheduled stops and not random events. For example, this video, this video, and one I took fall around the half hour mark (at 3:33, 5:33, and 7:33 respectively) and this video and Cannon's video both fall around the hour mark.

Maybe it's just a coincidence but, since nothing else seems to prompt these encounters, this might be a way to predict them happening with some small reliability.

It's beautiful!
I've seen it twice: 9:31 and 10:22 (game time).

Pleiades Sector OI-T C3-7 A 6 (-42.7785 -21.7142)

wK0micu.jpg

Full album:
http://imgur.com/a/PC1JR

Last edited:
Probably nothing new, but scanning one of the two barnacles prevents the other one being scanned, it says it already has been. That must mean it's one structure underneath surely? You also get a blank message, but that might be a bug I suppose

Does the planetary alien encounter happend only for this barnacle or elsewhere too?

EDIT : i'm on the site and scan a barnacle, how i make the alien "spawn" ?

Last edited:
I wonder, will your ship crash when the power goes out during the alien encounter if you were on the way approaching the barnacle site?

This happens to one ship in the CFN video, so yes.

Yep, saw the video.
Looks like his thrusters and shield were still working, he just couldn't control the ship anymore?

You can see the blue light from the impact on the shield when he hits the ground and the orange from his thrusters when his ship is spinning.
Strange that he seems to regain power faster, you can see him fly away while the AspX is still powered down.

Last edited:
Picture in your head... a bleak landscape. Ruined beyond recognition. No fires or bodies, of course, those had been put out and buried a long time ago now. Ivy and other plants have taken over tenancy. The weather is volatile with extreme heat and blistering cold ripping apart what little life remains. But against these odds there are animals left, small mammals those that small and nimble. Now picture a small village, a human village from some time deep in our past, in a time before space ships and before machines. In a time where our homes were made of wood and mud. Food was scarce as was good water, most water was cursed. If you drank from it you would die a horrible death.

Picture the Village Shaman telling the new Village Chief upon his elevation these words

"The one thing you must swear to remember in all you do as our Chief is this 'It was us. We fired the first shots. We started the war.' "

Now read all that again but with the voice of Morgan Freeman... :D

Last edited:
Ah, the autumn harvest, filling up the grain silos for winter. :9

Looks like the "stopper plug" in the barnacle sinks down a little, allowing material to flow around it..?
...and the "petals" seem to float free from the body of the ship, without any mechanical linkage...

Then, going by the CFN video, after the '"feeding" they are pulled back into the hub and a spike underneath each "petal" locks into the hub.

it is difficult to see from any of the videos so far, but it looks like the MA pods are still attached to the barnacle spikes after the "collection/harvesting/refuelling" event. I'm using quotes because it is dangerous to attach human meanings to alien actions without a lot of analysis.

They are like waiting for a Bus, they take forever then they all turn up at once the third one was obscured by the "wormhole"
qfg8Qgv.jpg

If the barnacles spikes etc are all intact when they arrive once they harvest, everything is collected and nothing is left.

Have not been able to get them to spawn in solo mode or private group personally, only in Open

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom