Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Wonder what happens if you dismiss your ship just before you loose power.
Will it crash or will it keep going?

One thing that is clear from the first video, is that this is not a "simple" cut-scene. The ship that entered the beam created a real interaction with the beam in a cloud of 'smoke' and appears to have stopped the fueling process.

So there may be other ways to interact with these alien events.

Interestingly, the interaction did not create a retaliation ! :)

One thing that is clear from the first video, is that this is not a "simple" cut-scene. The ship that entered the beam created a real interaction with the beam in a cloud of 'smoke' and appears to have stopped the fueling process.

So there may be other ways to interact with these alien events.

Interestingly, the interaction did not create a retaliation ! :)

I *think* that was timing. I replayed the video and stopped it just before the dbx got below the ship and it looked to me like the fuelling had just finished (no more beam, just area light). The cloud of smoke interaction etc is definite however.

The other thing I wish the video had been able to show better is the light beam coming from the front of the ship just before it jumped out, as that seemed to be how the jump point was opened.

Last edited:
drop a UA see if they suck it up and then crash :D

Thats not a bad idea. Worth seeing what happens.

I think the fact that we can now link Barnicles with Flowerships. Barnicles give out MetaAlloys and MetaAlloys work against the effects of UA's maybe this is some evidence that the UA's are not allied to the Flowerships.

Barnicles + Flowerships.. refuel.... or Restock MetaAlloy for comflict with ?

UA's + ?

Maybe the crashed flowerships along side the crashed human ships can be explained by the flowerships attacking the UA's.

Last edited:
Have not been able to get them to spawn in solo mode or private group personally, only in Open

Has there ever been any clarification that any of these events occur in Solo? In months of playing, I've never been hyperdicted by one of these craft around Maia, and I have the feeling I won't see one of them around a barnacle site either. If that is the case that Solo players are being intentionally left out, it's a kick in the teeth.

Has there ever been any clarification that any of these events occur in Solo? In months of playing, I've never been hyperdicted by one of these craft around Maia, and I have the feeling I won't see one of them around a barnacle site either. If that is the case that Solo players are being intentionally left out, it's a kick in the teeth.

Don't worry. I was thinking the same thing until I got hyperdicted twice in a row jumpig from Merope to Maia in solo. Before that I made dozens of jumps there without any result.

Last edited:

Yes, interdictions happen in solo mode.

Don't worry. I was thinking the same thing until I got hyperdicted twice in a row jumpig from Merope to Maia in solo. Before that I made dozens of jumps there without any result.

Thanks, I've just done 40 jumps from Merope to Maia and back. Nothing. :) Good to see the RNG is working as intended..

Last edited:
I *think* that was timing. I replayed the video and stopped it just before the dbx got below the ship and it looked to me like the fuelling had just finished (no more beam, just area light). The cloud of smoke interaction etc is definite however.

The other thing I wish the video had been able to show better is the light beam coming from the front of the ship just before it jumped out, as that seemed to be how the jump point was opened.

I think you are right about the timing - my what a coincidence that was !

The refuelling lasted 52 secs in the first video.

In the later video with the distant shot, it was 53 secs. But it's difficult to time to within a second in the shots.

So it looks like the same refuelling time. In which case it is a cut-scene (Edit - actually a scripted scene), with some "smoke" interaction if you hit the beam with something (in this case a ship). I wonder what laser fire would do? [where is it]

Last edited:
Thats not a bad idea. Worth seeing what happens.

I think the fact that we can now link Barnicles with Flowerships. Barnicles give out MetaAlloys and MetaAlloys work against the effects of UA's maybe this is some evidence that the UA's are not allied to the Flowerships.

Barnicles + Flowerships.. refuel.... or Restock MetaAlloy for comflict with ?

UA's + ?

Maybe the crashed flowerships along side the crashed human ships can be explained by the flowerships attacking the UA's.

I don't know about it , because, on crash site of flower ship, the last discovered, i find many UA on the site( like 6 pieces) .
Are they carry them?Are they use them?

In other part, In a trailler of FD (one of the last) where we see a combat aftermath space site with a damaged cobra ( same damage like FED ship in maia) , we could see a Unknow Fragment passing in the right foreground plan just before the flowership. (min 11.57) I think the footage is took from a system arround Maia. Maybe nothing...

The central "eye" or clear part of unknown ship is full of fluid I think.
On many vids it appears to pour out/away as it rotates above the Barnie

Last edited:
I don't know about it , because, on crash site of flower ship, the last discovered, i find many UA on the site( like 6 pieces) .
Are they carry them?Are they use them?

In other part, In a trailler of FD (one of the last) where we see a combat aftermath space site with a damaged cobra ( same damage like FED ship in maia) , we could see a Unknow Fragment passing in the right foreground plan just before the flowership. (min 11.57) I think the footage is took from a system arround Maia. Maybe nothing...

Well it is true that We have crashed flowerships with scattered UA remains... no human ships around.
Prof Palin sells cargo racks made from metaalloys that can carry UA's without corrosion effects. So maybe the Flowers are doing the same and using the barnicles to equip for that.

Its been suggested that the UA's might be fetal flower ships. Maybe they are hungry and growing so the mature flowerships need to protect again them during transport. The UA's feed off metal through some form of Magnetic Particle Induction.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom