Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
:eek:

Galaxy record...

So, next time we send a satellite with a mounted gold plate into the void, this plate doesn't carry overblown literature or mathematics, but the whole threadnought with a heading: "galaxy record, beat us, aliens!"

[Update] And then at least we know, where they got the idea with the morse code from ... :cool:

Last edited:
I have the transmission from the beacon at cannon. It's a bit wierd.
(I'll upload audio for others to listen to in a sec need to cut and render it)
number string is:
19 13 1 12 12 19 29 5 16 7 9 1 14 20 12 5 1 16 30 4 15 15 14 13 6 15 12 12 15 23 19
s m a l l s ? e p g i a n t l e a p ? d o o n m f o l l o w s

Cool. Our own beacon. :D

It seems that carrying the articles (4 of each) found at the ancient ruins lit all the lights on my Cutter dashboard and some are blinking.

Also I was wondering if the ship was in upright position (like NASA's space shuttle) when on the "launch pad". Assuming this was the original purpose of the recent found ruins...

I have the transmission from the beacon at cannon. It's a bit wierd.
(I'll upload audio for others to listen to in a sec need to cut and render it)
number string is:
19 13 1 12 12 19 29 5 16 7 9 1 14 20 12 5 1 16 30 4 15 15 14 13 6 15 12 12 15 23 19
s m a l l s ? e p g i a n t l e a p ? d o o n m f o l l o w s

Certainly seem to be errors in there.

Small step giant leap doom follows maybe (There's a 29 instead of a 20 for "t", 30 obviously isn't a letter and it isn't clear if/how it could map to a number or symbol; and there's an "n" that shouldn't be there I think)

Small step giant leap doom follows maybe (There's a 29 instead of a 20 for "t", 30 obviously isn't a letter and it isn't clear if/how it could map to a number or symbol; and there's an "n" that shouldn't be there I think)

Yeh, i have the audio uploaded, really quiet on dropbox though, if you want to take a listen for yourself. I did listen to it 8 times in total but i am really tired.

Link?

Also well found, we should'a stayed home!!

link is here https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xmbelr1c7ijonc/Canonn comm.mp3?dl=0

also i didn't find it, credit goes to.
Just found an Unregistered Comms Beacon next to the Canonn Institute and Planet A 1 in COL 285 Sector IX-T D3-43. I dropped into the instance at 17:08 UTC and no transmission was detected. I had to leave at 17:13 UTC and still no transmission. Are FDev trolling the Canonn? :)

Typos or not, that makes me wish I had a Sol permit so I can check out the Moon

Triangles definitely do seem to be a constant with whoever bulit the site, and as someone posted about the patterns on the relics I decided I wanted to check what I could see in the Ancient Tablet, as it's meant to include ancient writing.

I paid my first visit today, as I've been out of the bubble for a while. When I saw the tablet, I was struck by how it was mostly made 3 layers of triangular prisms. However, each layer is slightly different. Forgive the crude pictures, but I wanted to get a look at each layer. As far as I can tell the layers look like this:

uOipZ4y.jpg

(back and front layers are aritrary based on the angle I had approached it from.

It's possible that there are actually missing pieces in the middle layer, or where the casing things are covering them. I'm guessing that this is just thought out from a design aesthetic, but seeing as it's meant to be a tablet, I thought there might actually be something to the pattern. I'm running a blank though, but thought it was nice to have the layout.

Last edited:
I just want to say I've been reading this thread for the last week wishing my new hotas would arrive soon so I could take part in the fun (science). It's been a heck of a ride just to read all the amazing things you cmdr's have found and only makes my sweet suffering mildly easier not being able to play. Keep up the good work and fly safe out there! :cool:

Hi all,

I Think this site is an ancient human one.
The style of the structure reminds me the old sumer one,also the carwings.
Also the relics came from the ground,when you drive close to them.Even if they were hidden,the sense your presence.Maybe your human presence.

Btw, anyone realised there is a radio message if you orbit above the site with your ship?At least it seems to me.

Hi all,

I Think this site is an ancient human one.
The style of the structure reminds me the old sumer one,also the carwings.
Also the relics came from the ground,when you drive close to them.Even if they were hidden,the sense your presence.Maybe your human presence.

Btw, anyone realised there is a radio message if you orbit above the site with your ship?At least it seems to me.

Telepresence, but interesting stuff nontheless

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

there is a beacon at the moon too, stopping in and waiting for transmission

I wish I could rep you more commander, o7

Just posting this here, and I didn't realise my previous reply was delayed due to spam filter.

http://i.imgur.com/7K12yAp.png

If you assume the creator misread the digit 10, and the 'asteroids' are opposed, you can find meaningful data using the Arecibo message encoding. Still, I don't know if the link to Arecibo is incidental...

I am seriously confused by the groupings on the available dots, and the fairly limited permutations in terms of dot combos. Doesn't seem like it could hold much info.

This is along the line of how I would read the message : given the dot spacing and three columns, a base 8 system is the most sensible one. i.e. Arecibo like / ish.

However, even if that would be the case (btw the 10 double-column would in fact be a 21 in such coding), there is the issue of the rather large number of permutations :

• Any "5" can be swapped with a "3"
  • Same with the "1" and "2".
  • The format would be something like 1*digit 1*letter(?) 4*digits 1*digit 4*digits => This does not fit system naming sheme, and with the large # permutation we're quite in a pickle.

This is why I kind of suspect that the puzzle might be un-intentionally broken when created (not checking if the picture <=> nonogram relation is one to one, as what we have is many <=> one)

Last edited:
Typos or not, that makes me wish I had a Sol permit so I can check out the Moon
30 isn't a typo in this sense. it's a record separator on the ascii chart. I guess to be treated as a space here? but everything else is a really simple 1=a, z=26 cipher.
If we follow that line of logic, then 27 might not be a typo. that's a group seperator in ascii and could indicate a literal "small step" in the sentence. Doom follows seems like a separate idea all together.

ascii.gif

moon beacon. LETRANSKEYTOUCH????
12 5 20 18 1 14 19 11 5 25 20 15 21 3 8 romeo 1 0 romeo 2 charlie 5 charlie 7 charlie 11 charlie 13 c0harlie 22 charlie 24 romeo 3 0 romeo 4 charlie 4 charlie 13 charlie 20 charlie 22 romeo 5 0 romeo 6 charlie 2 charlie 4 charlie 7 charlie 9 charlie 11 charlie 17 charlie 20 charlie 24 charlie 26

audio: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jsq2olwmtfgm0tp/Moon beacon.mp3?dl=0

might be easier to read
12 5 20 18 1 14 19 11 5 25 20 15 21 3 8 R 1 0 R 2 C 5 C 7 C 11 C 13 C 22 C 24 R 3 0 R 4 C 4 C 13 C 20 C 22 R 5 0 R 6 C 2 C 4 C 7 C 9 C 11 C 17 C 20 C 24 C 26

Last edited:
Triangles definitely do seem to be a constant with whoever bulit the site...

Three in general. Going on with my beacon examination, I finally found out the following:

1. The slots of all four beacon tops are arranged at 120, 240 and 360 degrees respectively. Same pattern on all the beacons, each beacon has 3 slots.
2. There seems to be no direct path between the beams, they don't point at each other or sth. Some of the rays just go out into the desert.
3. Each beam top is made of pyramid structures, 3 is everwhere.

Unfortunately, I think the beacons won't lead us much further at this stage. But I had to find out, still. And I think it's kind of a planet map in general, too. But what exactly were they modelling?

[noob]

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom