Alpha Update 0.1.3

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
The fact that not a single dev has been in here to announce the Alpha 2 date is good?
Why are we finding things out for ourselves? Its not right!

All i know is we are in week 4 and that they said 6 to 8 weeks for the new phase.

I trusted them last year and i am still trusting them that they know what they are doing. When they say it is not the time, then it is.
There is nothing which makes me think they are mocking us, want to make users angry or they want to hide information, because it is so much fun or they are cruel.

Last edited:
Absolutely incomprehensible to me what Frontier now delivers , namely nothing . quoted a mega price , then no support or pachtes longer supply adjoins an insolence in my opinion ! For me, it gives the impression that it was required to make ever more money to ...

I'm very disappointed about their strategy!

All i know is we are in week 4 and that they said 6 to 8 weeks for the new phase.

I trusted them last year and i am still trusting them that they know what they are doing. When they say it is not the time, then it is.
There is nothing which makes me think they are mocking us, want to make users angry or they want to hide information, because it is so much fun or they are cruel.
The second alpha will come out in 4 weeks so it will be fine.

The second alpha will come out in 4 weeks so it will be fine.

I know.

They just showed the demonic, which was more or less a speculation before, because it was just a simple structure in the first "people" video.
They answer alot in the Alpha part. So i don't know where is this "They are so quiet" coming from.

Im a little confused!
If this was Atari, people's attitude would be different!
If Atari had announced their next stage through a Tweet and not announced it on their forum they would be accused of all sorts By most here.

In this video (at 48:45ish) Jonny Watts (Creative director) says that phase two of the alpha will be released approximately 6 weeks after phase one.

It's been 4 weeks since release of alpha phase 1, so probably another couple to wait until phase 2.

Be patient? It's only been 4 weeks? If you expected a lot from an alpha, you're probably in the wrong place.

There is a distinct difference with your comparison. Atari lies a lot. Frontier tells the truth. We were told there would be 6-8 weeks between patches. Now 4 weeks later people are complaining about a date getting tweeted? Am I taking crazy pills? If you don't see a patch in 4 weeks only then would your complaint be valid. In the meantime people still waiting for their second beta weekend of rctw...

Some here are just way too demanding, perhaps they've been spoilt from what we've been previously shown/given. The game still has a lot of work to be done so why the odd person is rushing them into bug updates (why the urgency for these?!) I'll never know. We know the deal with new content so can't expect them to provide us with that for another month. Joel summed it up well [up] Personally I wouldn't be surprised if in the weeks leading into alpha 2 we get a number of updates with the live streams starting back up again (well I hope anyway).

Last edited:
I believe all it would take for the few people that are worried about what is happening is a new Dev diary or just a few posts to say that we are working away at A, B, C and can't wait to get it out in the upcoming release patch or whatever.

Although I am also pretty sure there was a forum post or similar that hinted some more information would be with us soon on what is going on. Don't get so down, it's been 4 weeks not 4 months since the Alpha released so why anyone feels anything more is needed right now seems a little short sighted at something that is going to take a further 6 months to work through if not longer.

Maybe the fact that it is so easy to be social on here is why people feel like not hearing much/anything from them is what is compounding their issue of wanting more content.

I am happy watching and waiting to see how this all goes but do understand a little when it would only take 30mins of someone's day to talk to the forum about how it's all going and if the feedback is helping them etc.

Regards,

Adam

I believe all it would take for the few people that are worried about what is happening is a new Dev diary or just a few posts to say that we are working away at A, B, C and can't wait to get it out in the upcoming release patch or whatever.

Although I am also pretty sure there was a forum post or similar that hinted some more information would be with us soon on what is going on. Don't get so down, it's been 4 weeks not 4 months since the Alpha released so why anyone feels anything more is needed right now seems a little short sighted at something that is going to take a further 6 months to work through if not longer.

Maybe the fact that it is so easy to be social on here is why people feel like not hearing much/anything from them is what is compounding their issue of wanting more content.

I am happy watching and waiting to see how this all goes but do understand a little when it would only take 30mins of someone's day to talk to the forum about how it's all going and if the feedback is helping them etc.

Regards,

Adam

[yesnod]

Can't really understand people wanting more... the alpha is great gives us chance to build. Try things out, find faults, suggest improvements. Surely thats what Alpha testing is about. For sure it be ace if we had feature A B C and D all at once but all that would do is layer bugs upon bugs. For me the way Frontier are doing things is great little bits to try, once these are solud both functionally and coding wise I'm sure a lot more features for building will come very quicky. Get the foundations right and the game will be amazing, get them wrong and the game will suffer for years to come.

Stick with it guys try different ideas see what works and most of all what doesn't so the guys can fix it.

Loving the work so far Frontier

How do you get the download for the update, and where is it.
How do you know if you have the update or not.
I do not see where to download a update.
I downloaded this game on the 23rd did it come with the update

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom