AMA Question window was only open for ONE HOUR!

If they do an AMA next week, I'll be asking them again about Dev Diary 3 (unless they actually release it)
Just because they don't answer a question one week does not mean we can't ask it again.

Deleted member 38366

D
There doesn't seem anything to those promised AMAs. All the pointy questions are ignored and only softballing is welcome.

Nothing has changed, so in a sense nothing is lost.
Just a little chit chat for PR purposes to give the illusion of transparent communications.

PS.
Their posted note about being unwilling to answer anything concerning Raxxla (even a very simple Question like "does it exist in the Game") is a dead giveaway that they don't want to really talk.

CM’s arent authorised to answer anything not covered in a press release so I don’t understand what would you gain out of asking a question you know they can’t answer, again. They’ll announce a dev diary when they’re told to. They plan announcements out in advance revolving around other events and cycles and nothings going to change, they’ll tell us when it suits their schedule or if they set the vid to public by accident.

CM’s arent authorised to answer anything not covered in a press release so I don’t understand what would you gain out of asking a question you know they can’t answer, again. They’ll announce a dev diary when they’re told to. They plan announcements out in advance revolving around other events and cycles and nothings going to change, they’ll tell us when it suits their schedule or if they set the vid to public by accident.
If you look at my questions in the two AMA's you'll notice I word the dev diary question to give them freedom ...
What can you tell us about Dev Diary 3? Any date yet?
What can you tell us about Dev Diary 3? WE KNOW IT'S COMING THIS MONTH :p
I don't word it to force them to give a specific answer, I word it to give them freedom to answer how they want, which is why I appreciate getting the combat comment in Paul's reply today.

You don't need to ask again, as they've already answered. Dev Diary 3 is expected later this month.
I’ll ask again next week, just to make sure.
Nah, leave it with me .... please?

barely announced also.
Who did an AMA?
What? When and where was the announcement of the AMA2?
Announced two weeks ago.

The AMA threads are also conveniently posted in the Announcements subforum.

You have to be following and reading the announcements to be notified of announcements, shocking as that may be.

But we knew about Combat and the order since Dev Diary 1, and after DD 2 they said next one about Combat? Anyway.

What? When and where was the announcement of the AMA2? I have also some questions and wanted them to be asked!!!

2 weeks ago when AMA announced as weekly and then last week when announced be back next week and on the LS at least once.

If they do an AMA next week, I'll be asking them again about Dev Diary 3 (unless they actually release it)
Just because they don't answer a question one week does not mean we can't ask it again.
No but hopefully theyll add it to the OP so we know not to keep asking for info as if theyre just going to spill it. When they want us to know we wont have to ask.

We need an executive questioner to act on the community’s behalf to soften the white noise. Of course, I’d like to nominate myself since only my question matters.

Im happy to ask anybodys Q if they cant make it...so long as I dont have one myself ofc. I will choose who's question is worth considering and ask it so do be offended if I consider your Q not worth asking, I have judged you as unworthy. Assuming I dont forget its on til its over again.

or if they set the vid to public by accident.

And have to do an unannounced LS to cover it. tbf it worked pretty well last time so may be worth it. As soon as someone asks about DD3 'accidentally' publish it 'by mistake' and wham theres your publicity right there :) Some people think this will happen Im sure if they keep asking.

But we knew about Combat and the order since Dev Diary 1, and after DD 2 they said next one about Combat? Anyway.
I liked that Paul gave me something more than just "it's coming this month"
No but hopefully theyll add it to the OP so we know not to keep asking for info as if theyre just going to spill it. When they want us to know we wont have to ask.

. As soon as someone asks about DD3 'accidentally' publish it 'by mistake' and wham theres your publicity right there :) Some people think this will happen Im sure if they keep asking.
I agree, and I like Agony Aunt's suggestion that the CMs focus the AMA on a topic. If they do that next week, and asking about Dev Diary 3 would be outside the topic, I won't ask.

We do need 'better' questions. I thought I had tons but mostly was 'Are you aware of this....' and a lot of those got answered by P4 last week, turns out a lot of just wanted some feedback we'd been heard. Similar to the mod Q about Reporting Issues feedback which Arf iirc said is something he would like to look at next year, I dont expect insta responses, just thats its on the radar is enough sometimes and they know.

Lore Qs I have a hard time getting to a Q I can actually ask but like IDs idea on here about that, bug reporting is bug reporting, suggestions are suggestions in any format or disguise, press release and publicity info will be given at the right time only, a lot of stuff is or will be 'pass it on' or 'find out and come back to you'...whats left?

Yeah, that's the thing. A lot of people simply phrased suggestions as questions. It was largely being used as a platform for people to make suggestions outside the suggestions subforum.

Didn't make much difference though, the answers were more or less variants on "good idea, we'll pass it on" or "we have no plans for it at this time"
Which just goes to emphasise how much notice is taken of our suggestions ... in the Suggestions thread 🤷‍♂️

But then, if they can't answer anything we don't already know, what is the point of having an AMA in the first place?

Top Bottom