Amazingly Realistic Immersion Mod

Question, @Old Duck : Have you done any mining? If you haven't, I understand, I don't like to do it either unless I'm building a new ship and have to pay for the modules (and the mats to engineer it so it doesn't fall apart if you sneeze on it). But I had to go grab a bit of cash to pay for a handful of A-rated modules, so I grabbed my least favorite ship and went off to do the tedious grind for a bit.

And noticed that my PWS seems to light everything up in an eerie green glow now, with no distinction between rocks and, well, really interesting rocks. I know that the PWS has issues after the latest FDev "fix", the main one being that you have to sit around on your hands for minutes in the same spot before it starts returning useful information, but that's not it. I tried switching back to the "old" mod and I didn't have that problem (other than the FDev introduced new "hot spots" are "not spots" feature and the "your PWS needs five minutes to warm up").

I just didn't see anything that looked different from the standard rocks. I don't mind all of them glowing green, as long as the good ones glow a different kind of green so I can tell them apart.

Anyway, just a question. Thumbs up again for your excellent work.

Question, @Old Duck : Have you done any mining? If you haven't, I understand, I don't like to do it either unless I'm building a new ship and have to pay for the modules (and the mats to engineer it so it doesn't fall apart if you sneeze on it). But I had to go grab a bit of cash to pay for a handful of A-rated modules, so I grabbed my least favorite ship and went off to do the tedious grind for a bit.

And noticed that my PWS seems to light everything up in an eerie green glow now, with no distinction between rocks and, well, really interesting rocks. I know that the PWS has issues after the latest FDev "fix", the main one being that you have to sit around on your hands for minutes in the same spot before it starts returning useful information, but that's not it. I tried switching back to the "old" mod and I didn't have that problem (other than the FDev introduced new "hot spots" are "not spots" feature and the "your PWS needs five minutes to warm up").

I just didn't see anything that looked different from the standard rocks. I don't mind all of them glowing green, as long as the good ones glow a different kind of green so I can tell them apart.

Anyway, just a question. Thumbs up again for your excellent work.
Try removing the night vision shader from the ShaderFixes folder. It could be that KWS also uses this shader, something I had not considered when I modified NV. Let me know if that does the trick.

Okay, I'll remove that from the next update, as the function of the KWS trumps the ascetics of NV.
I haven't noticed any issue with the KWS Old Duck, however, I have noticed the same issue that the two others are referring to with the Pulse Wave Scanner. Maybe the "super NV" can be put on a toggle as the new aesthetics are superior imo and you only need default NV when mining.

I haven't noticed any issue with the KWS Old Duck,
KWS, PWS, tomato, tomaaaado, typo, I dunno...

iu

Try removing the night vision shader from the ShaderFixes folder. It could be that KWS also uses this shader, something I had not considered when I modified NV. Let me know if that does the trick.
Yep, that was exactly it.

On that note, though, I too would like if it could be a toggle, seeing as how your NV is vastly superior. I'd only need to switch it off when mining. If not, that's fine too. Considering how little I mine, I'd just put your NV shader back in the folder when done :)

(Still blown away by how much better everything looks!)

Yep, that was exactly it.

On that note, though, I too would like if it could be a toggle, seeing as how your NV is vastly superior. I'd only need to switch it off when mining. If not, that's fine too. Considering how little I mine, I'd just put your NV shader back in the folder when done :)

(Still blown away by how much better everything looks!)
Yeah, I can do a toggle. I'll probably use a modifier on the F1 key, like CTRL F1, since F1 (or whatever you choose) is the "all things augmented" key.

This would be a lot easier to fix if everybody was having this issue. It could be that ED uses a different shader for HUD on certain ships (it does weird stuff like that). Try an Eagle or Type 9 or Phantom - all of these ships work for me. I'm out in the middle of nowhere, otherwise I'd try one of your ships.

ps - I didn't know so many players wanted a shortcut for HUD-off! The reason I added it is because it's near impossible for me to hit CTRL-ALT-G in VR.
I HIGHLY recommend using Voice Attack in VR - then you can map a spoken command ("Hud Off") to any old weird key combination!

Hi!

So, I was playing with bloom, that for some reason I`ve always kept it off, and in any config but ultra when you look at a star you can see some kind of "blocks" composing the effect.

I don´t know if its related to the mod, but ...

I´m on VR (Reverb) by the way.

Thx!

Last edited:
I can toggle Hud on and off with F1 key but that also removes the glass effect wich I kinde like, feels more realistic, well is there any way to remove the outside HUD but keep this glass effect?
I'm using your latest files OD, all of 'em, including your graphics config.

I can toggle Hud on and off with F1 key but that also removes the glass effect wich I kinde like, feels more realistic, well is there any way to remove the outside HUD but keep this glass effect?
I'm using your latest files OD, all of 'em, including your graphics config.
Try using e61a98e9d493cdea as the hash for the HUD in place of 74a61bc54382d4d9. I believe this retains the scratches.

I follow your job since the beginning. Great job so far, keep it up!. I wonder if there is any way to remove completely the cockpit model.
I'm pretty sure this would remove ALL ships from the game... I can try, but it won't be right away.

Try using e61a98e9d493cdea as the hash for the HUD in place of 74a61bc54382d4d9. I believe this retains the scratches.
I wonder if that's why I still have the 3 triangles on the targeted ships? I retain glass with e61a98e9d493cdea but remove the effects with e37ec68e66eac942 (I like this as it removes scratches and scuffs but I still get frosting when I use a heatsink or sit in an icebelt). Would that reasoning make sense?

If that's the case I can mod my .ini to remove the glass when I flick the hud off and put glass back and remove the effects again when I flick the hud switch back on.

Just a little towards my reasoning here. I'd love to start up my game with EVERYTHING off in like a ctrl+alt+G state. Have a switch for my Radar/Intruments HUD, another switch for my Ship Lights (which I also included the ambient lighting and the milky way/interstellar dust hashes in as you detailed), and finally a 3rd switch for the External HUD targeting and navigation. I like the immersion of having a start up sequence in my ship before launch and of course, getting things really dark inside at the flip of a switch to better see the void while exploring deep in the black. To Old Duck and the other Hash Hunters in this thread I tip my hat and say thank you for getting my experience closer and closer everyday to this experience.

Last edited:
Going to quote myself here :) - in this new version, how would I remove the side lights from the AspX (just these lights, not the entire HUD)? The existing "cockpit lights" shader (8330ab10a104d1b1) doesn't quite seem to cut it, unfortunately.
Thanks for your hard work - this mod looks lovely! Is there a way to use it to get rid of these two (IMO) excessively intrusive side lights in the AspX? The F2 toggle dims the shadows some, but doesn't disable the main light sources themselves.

(Lights on: Source: https://i.imgur.com/CzKmgfG.png
, lights off: Source: https://i.imgur.com/DL8oOiA.png
)

I follow your job since the beginning. Great job so far, keep it up!. I wonder if there is any way to remove completely the cockpit model.
I'm pretty sure this would remove ALL ships from the game... I can try, but it won't be right away.

This would affect gameplay. Not having a cockpit to block your vision on any ship is an advantage to locate targets. It's a bad idea which will certainly lead to banning 3Dmigoto as a tool.

Top Bottom