Amazingly Realistic Immersion Mod

TA-DA! That did it! See? I told you I'm thick. Oh, just for larfs, initially it didn't work, but then I thought, after much scratching of head, that perhaps my old override file from when I tried to change the HUD the hardest possible way (because I'm silly that way) was still active. Guess what? It was. Another face shaped indentation in my desk and another goose egg on my forehead later, it's all beautiful!

Thanks again for both taking the time to make this awesome mod and for putting up with people like me. :)

(Still seeing the "purple" in some station pics, but that really isn't an issue, since I don't stare much at those anyway).

Hi! Tested last night and is beautiful.

Notes:
- Also seeing purples around.
- When the F4 cycles to lights on, it keep the interior lights flickering

Thanks

Notes:
- Also seeing purples around.
- When the F4 cycles to lights on, it keep the interior lights flickering
1) Purples are unavoidable, unfortunately, if you want custom shield color. You can edit shader to remove this particular custom color if you wish.

2) This is a weird bug that I sometimes run into. I think it might be due to the sun being too bright and thus confusing the ambient light algorithm. I usually keep ambient light off and prefer really bright suns, so I use it despite the occasional flickering, but someday I'll see if there is a way to fix it. It's a tough one because it's intermittent.

I follow your job since the beginning. Great job so far, keep it up!. I wonder if there is any way to remove completely the cockpit model.

Yeah Frontier's shaders often don't make sense. The new analysis mode doesn't use the same shader as combat mode, in fact it just piggybacks on a bigger shader that can't be turned off without losing other stuff. This is where that "blank.png" file comes into play, so make sure you have that installed. Removing these lines, along with the "floating in the middle of your face notification box" is the 2nd HUD declutter setting (pressing F1 twice).

This normally isn't a problem for me. Are you running a very cold ship? When a ship is cold, the shaders for the canopy change, and that sometimes introduces side-effects.
Interesting, what's the hash of the bigger shader? I'd love to flip it to the off position and see what all is 'lost'.

Not particularly cold no. They are always there whether I'm at 50% in a fight or 17% heat just coasting around. Do you know the hash that those triangles are part of? I'll see if I can skip it out entirely with the .ini I'm running, or if that turns off too much as well.

Last edited:
Question, @Old Duck : Have you done any mining? If you haven't, I understand, I don't like to do it either unless I'm building a new ship and have to pay for the modules (and the mats to engineer it so it doesn't fall apart if you sneeze on it). But I had to go grab a bit of cash to pay for a handful of A-rated modules, so I grabbed my least favorite ship and went off to do the tedious grind for a bit.

And noticed that my PWS seems to light everything up in an eerie green glow now, with no distinction between rocks and, well, really interesting rocks. I know that the PWS has issues after the latest FDev "fix", the main one being that you have to sit around on your hands for minutes in the same spot before it starts returning useful information, but that's not it. I tried switching back to the "old" mod and I didn't have that problem (other than the FDev introduced new "hot spots" are "not spots" feature and the "your PWS needs five minutes to warm up").

I just didn't see anything that looked different from the standard rocks. I don't mind all of them glowing green, as long as the good ones glow a different kind of green so I can tell them apart.

Anyway, just a question. Thumbs up again for your excellent work.

Question, @Old Duck : Have you done any mining? If you haven't, I understand, I don't like to do it either unless I'm building a new ship and have to pay for the modules (and the mats to engineer it so it doesn't fall apart if you sneeze on it). But I had to go grab a bit of cash to pay for a handful of A-rated modules, so I grabbed my least favorite ship and went off to do the tedious grind for a bit.

And noticed that my PWS seems to light everything up in an eerie green glow now, with no distinction between rocks and, well, really interesting rocks. I know that the PWS has issues after the latest FDev "fix", the main one being that you have to sit around on your hands for minutes in the same spot before it starts returning useful information, but that's not it. I tried switching back to the "old" mod and I didn't have that problem (other than the FDev introduced new "hot spots" are "not spots" feature and the "your PWS needs five minutes to warm up").

I just didn't see anything that looked different from the standard rocks. I don't mind all of them glowing green, as long as the good ones glow a different kind of green so I can tell them apart.

Anyway, just a question. Thumbs up again for your excellent work.
Try removing the night vision shader from the ShaderFixes folder. It could be that KWS also uses this shader, something I had not considered when I modified NV. Let me know if that does the trick.

Okay, I'll remove that from the next update, as the function of the KWS trumps the ascetics of NV.
I haven't noticed any issue with the KWS Old Duck, however, I have noticed the same issue that the two others are referring to with the Pulse Wave Scanner. Maybe the "super NV" can be put on a toggle as the new aesthetics are superior imo and you only need default NV when mining.

Try removing the night vision shader from the ShaderFixes folder. It could be that KWS also uses this shader, something I had not considered when I modified NV. Let me know if that does the trick.
Yep, that was exactly it.

On that note, though, I too would like if it could be a toggle, seeing as how your NV is vastly superior. I'd only need to switch it off when mining. If not, that's fine too. Considering how little I mine, I'd just put your NV shader back in the folder when done :)

(Still blown away by how much better everything looks!)

Yep, that was exactly it.

On that note, though, I too would like if it could be a toggle, seeing as how your NV is vastly superior. I'd only need to switch it off when mining. If not, that's fine too. Considering how little I mine, I'd just put your NV shader back in the folder when done :)

(Still blown away by how much better everything looks!)
Yeah, I can do a toggle. I'll probably use a modifier on the F1 key, like CTRL F1, since F1 (or whatever you choose) is the "all things augmented" key.

This would be a lot easier to fix if everybody was having this issue. It could be that ED uses a different shader for HUD on certain ships (it does weird stuff like that). Try an Eagle or Type 9 or Phantom - all of these ships work for me. I'm out in the middle of nowhere, otherwise I'd try one of your ships.

ps - I didn't know so many players wanted a shortcut for HUD-off! The reason I added it is because it's near impossible for me to hit CTRL-ALT-G in VR.
I HIGHLY recommend using Voice Attack in VR - then you can map a spoken command ("Hud Off") to any old weird key combination!

Hi!

So, I was playing with bloom, that for some reason I`ve always kept it off, and in any config but ultra when you look at a star you can see some kind of "blocks" composing the effect.

I don´t know if its related to the mod, but ...

I´m on VR (Reverb) by the way.

Thx!

Last edited:
I can toggle Hud on and off with F1 key but that also removes the glass effect wich I kinde like, feels more realistic, well is there any way to remove the outside HUD but keep this glass effect?
I'm using your latest files OD, all of 'em, including your graphics config.

I can toggle Hud on and off with F1 key but that also removes the glass effect wich I kinde like, feels more realistic, well is there any way to remove the outside HUD but keep this glass effect?
I'm using your latest files OD, all of 'em, including your graphics config.
Try using e61a98e9d493cdea as the hash for the HUD in place of 74a61bc54382d4d9. I believe this retains the scratches.

Top Bottom