An Enemy worse than the Thargoids

Fleet carrier owners unite.

Its time for "fleet carrier friday" where all owners fly to one system only at the same time.

How many could get there at the same time before it totally burns that one system down..

We were worried about an invasion of Thargoids destroying the Bubble, forcing humanity to flee into deep space. We were wrong. A much more powerful, undefeatable enemy has invaded, shutting down entire systems, upsetting economic and political stability, rendering all civilized space (including Colonia) into a chaotic, unstable, dangerous place. This enemy is so power as to be able to not only destroy ships, but even the immortal CMDRs that fly them! This enemy has a name:

The Pilot's Federation

TPF has launched a devastating assault on popular systems throughout the Bubble, using a powerful new weapon - the Fleet Carrier. Entire systems have fallen to this devastating weapon, and many CMDRs have lost their lives, forever trapped in the hereafter, thanks to the overwhelming presence of these powerful, indestructible foes. I myself have fled the Bubble, afraid to return lest I too fall victim to this scourge taking over our galaxy. I'm out here on my own, carving my own new slice of the galaxy in relative peace, but I always have one eye on the galaxy map, fearful that TPF might find me out here and send one or more of these system killers to my new home.

We live in perilous times, my friends, and it's only going to get worse! It's almost enough to wish for our previous enemies to return and challenge this new threat to our existence.. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." What is the future of the Bubble? Are we all doomed? Only time will tell!

EDIT

Readers seem to be missing the point, there is EMERGENT GAMEPLAY to be had here! That's what I'm doing, making the most of a bad situation by roleplaying an invasion of the Bubble. People have been asking for Thargoids to "burn down the Bubble" since they were introduced. Well, now we have something similar - embrace it!
It's a matter of fact that we humans have grown accustomed to getting what we want vs what we need post haste. Dealing with possible ramifications has and always will be, secondary. One example that is most prevalent in the game to-date is: How many times have you seen since launch on the PS4 that a noob just bought a conda, and in less than a day later, cry over loosing it. Demanding Fdev refund their cr's or replace the ship. WHEN they know because it's stated almost everywhere, "DON'T FLY WITHOUT REBUY". Fdev loves to toot their own horn and has stated that over 20,000 or more now at the time of this post, have been purchased. They will never publish how many have been returned or refunded when though the customer's knew of the possible ramifications involved in a FC ownership bought one anyways and then reality set in.

There is a way. We may not be able to destroy the fleet carriers, but we may be able to deprive them of sustenance. Currently we believe these are born and kept alive in some way by large concentrations of low temperature diamonds being brought together.

I see only one option.

We gank all the miners.

Dont like them around INRA bases, track one down and wham theres an FC orbiting. At least park one system away try and give some sense of isolation and discovery..

I will never foget the Sidewinder I was given by TPF long time ago and therefore won't tolerate such hurtful allegations towards our common patron. Your betrayal will earn you nothing but a demotion to low-level NPC. Before long your only words will be "And don't forget, this ship is in the top 1% of all cruise liners out there."

Technically, lore wise we dont know who gave us the Sidewinder, could be the PF or the DW or a rich nobody for no particular reason or even The Club.

There is a way. We may not be able to destroy the fleet carriers, but we may be able to deprive them of sustenance. Currently we believe these are born and kept alive in some way by large concentrations of low temperature diamonds being brought together.

I see only one option.

We gank all the miners.
Make fleet carriers Open-only? I'll sign that petition!

(queue wailing and gnashing of teeth)

Hmmm... I see PP and BGS opportunities here. At least if you have a fleet carrier. Get all of your fellow pledges to move their fleet carriers to a contested system and boom, nobody enters and nobody leaves! The Orange Sidewinders will keep those filthy plebs from the opposing faction out until FDev gets around to allocating resources to fixing the problem. Which, according to rational estimates, will be right around the 32nd of Never.

Yes, I really am a genius.

We were worried about an invasion of Thargoids destroying the Bubble, forcing humanity to flee into deep space. We were wrong. A much more powerful, undefeatable enemy has invaded, shutting down entire systems, upsetting economic and political stability, rendering all civilized space (including Colonia) into a chaotic, unstable, dangerous place. This enemy is so power as to be able to not only destroy ships, but even the immortal CMDRs that fly them! This enemy has a name:

The Pilot's Federation

TPF has launched a devastating assault on popular systems throughout the Bubble, using a powerful new weapon - the Fleet Carrier. Entire systems have fallen to this devastating weapon, and many CMDRs have lost their lives, forever trapped in the hereafter, thanks to the overwhelming presence of these powerful, indestructible foes. I myself have fled the Bubble, afraid to return lest I too fall victim to this scourge taking over our galaxy. I'm out here on my own, carving my own new slice of the galaxy in relative peace, but I always have one eye on the galaxy map, fearful that TPF might find me out here and send one or more of these system killers to my new home.

We live in perilous times, my friends, and it's only going to get worse! It's almost enough to wish for our previous enemies to return and challenge this new threat to our existence.. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." What is the future of the Bubble? Are we all doomed? Only time will tell!

EDIT

Readers seem to be missing the point, there is EMERGENT GAMEPLAY to be had here! That's what I'm doing, making the most of a bad situation by roleplaying an invasion of the Bubble. People have been asking for Thargoids to "burn down the Bubble" since they were introduced. Well, now we have something similar - embrace it!
The Bubble? Never go there, too many humans

Fleet carrier owners unite.

Its time for "fleet carrier friday" where all owners fly to one system only at the same time.

How many could get there at the same time before it totally burns that one system down..

Uh Oh.....Its burn Jita all over again. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Pilot's Federation

EDIT

This is but a taster. Wait until the Thargoid motherships invade the bubble.

they're indestructible.

ironically, the biggest pain you can inflict on them is getting your own and parking it just beside theirs.

for the horde!!!

i'll pass :D

Nothing is invincible. Like somebody else suggested, the way is to kill their food source. This means blockading all sources of tritium and wholesale murder of all eggsplo.....miners.

Though your crafty infiltration idea has merit, we may make that plan B.

Top Bottom