Anaconda 2.2 vs. 2.3 Cockpit Changes

Sounds like good news. Here's hoping that the changes are actually an improvement. I guess my confidence level is a bit low at the moment :)

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Hello!

I am here! Sorry...

You'll be pleased to hear that progress has been made with the appearance of the Anaconda cockpit.
The improvements will be added in an upcoming update. I have it on good authority that you'll be pleased with the changes (based on the feedback seen in this and other threads)

It's coming soon but I can't say exactly when just yet. More details will follow.

Ed

Thanks, Ed. That's good to hear.

For the PS4 version? Didn't they do that when they put it on the Xbox - PC players lost quality?

The PS4 is a far more capable machine than the XBox so why would it need a downgrade? The whole PC/XBox thing is just nonsense. We know this is true because it's been stated so many times by the devs (and fwiw I was repped by a Frontier programmer for pointing this out in another thread quite recently).

Last edited:
Hello!

I am here! Sorry...

You'll be pleased to hear that progress has been made with the appearance of the Anaconda cockpit.
The improvements will be added in an upcoming update. I have it on good authority that you'll be pleased with the changes (based on the feedback seen in this and other threads)

It's coming soon but I can't say exactly when just yet. More details will follow.

Ed

Fantastic news indeed, thanks so much.[up]:cool:.

Serious question: can we get rid of those huge areas of empty space inside ship cockpits? Like, the Sidewinder is far from my favourite ship, but it actually uses every inch of its cockpit space sensibly rather than, say, the Python, the Anaconda or (particularly egregiously) the Dolphin, in which you have huge open areas that serve no purpose whatsoever.

Hello!

I am here! Sorry...

Ed

Fantastic news Ed. Thank you very much !

Why is it that when computer graphics is at all brought up, people always jump to words like textures and models?
It's probably a material issue, fellas.

Why is it that when computer graphics is at all brought up, people always jump to words like textures and models?

Given that it looks amazing or not so depending on the lighting conditions it is absolutely a lighting issue; people tend not to realise the impact good lighting, reflection and shadow have on game visuals.

Serious question: can we get rid of those huge areas of empty space inside ship cockpits? Like, the Sidewinder is far from my favourite ship, but it actually uses every inch of its cockpit space sensibly rather than, say, the Python, the Anaconda or (particularly egregiously) the Dolphin, in which you have huge open areas that serve no purpose whatsoever.

most of this is because we have no crew... a ship the size of the anaconda conceptually should have a serious amount of manpower to fly her optimally.

imagine 8 crew manning stations around the circumference of the cockpit, and then of course you would need emergency "strap in" points for if things get especially nasty, then all of a sudden those big empty spaces would not seem so sparse.

we are basically all piloting the space version of the Mary Celeste

Absolutely... besides the copilot seats and their surroundings, I see no downgrade in geometry or a lightning problem alone.
It's only the choice of the material which was accidentally white plastic or there is a whole layer missing of the metallic material.
This results in a lightning problem because of the brightness of the material in direkt sunlight situations.

Hello!

I am here! Sorry...

Ed

Speaking as one of the first to report on this issue on Day One of the 2.3 Beta, and then proceeded to follow up after every point update of said Beta when NOTHING was being done to fix this... I'm glad to see this is FINALLY going to be addressed!

Why it took nearly 3 months to be taken seriously is something I will never understand.

Last edited:
Absolutely... besides the copilot seats and their surroundings, I see no downgrade in geometry or a lightning problem alone.
It's only the choice of the material which was accidentally white plastic or there is a whole layer missing of the metallic material.
This results in a lightning problem because of the brightness of the material in direkt sunlight situations.

Not really the case. Please see here http://imgur.com/a/8Oqlp

Not really the case. Please see here http://imgur.com/a/8Oqlp

I see... and I just made a small side by side of your picture and the actual cockpit. I see not one missing polygon... only the materials messed up.

Anni_geo.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom