Anaconda 2.2 vs. 2.3 Cockpit Changes

Nossir I don't like it. Old Annie looked like a Faulcon Delacy ship, now it looks like it was made by Core instead which is baffling, we already have the Corvette.

Better idea, make the alternate shiny version a paid option. Since ship interiors are stared at for hours rather than exteriors, think of the money people would be willing to pay to not look at an eyesore interior.

Last edited:
Ahoy! It's me again. I'm just gathering all the relevant stuff and waiting back on a reply or two from the art team. It's going to be Monday by the time I have a response on this, but there is loads of stuff being worked on... including chair plinths and things like that!

I'll report back ASAP!

1ojseh.jpg

I will bump-it-ovski with another screenshot.

I think the rest of the insides are also suffering from the same problem. All the other ships have these nice tasty details and lively rugged or other textures but comon most of the textures in conda out there are plain blank. Blank. Look at the screenshot! Pure gray like it's done in ms.paint using fill tool at a gray color. Look how it shines bare gray like that!

Note that it's taken at high/ultra settings with the exception of medium quality shadows, max AA (like it does anything) 1x supersampling.
Taken inside a ship hangar at holo-me screen which shows the rightern half of the insides of the conda at a pretty wide coverage.
20170505181606_1.jpg

*Face hidden behind the helmet to protect you from my blazing handsomeness.
**Hmm... I noticed I should update my shoulder patch ranks, they are outdated, I'm nearly elite already.

What with all these people looking around the cockpits for changes it's no wonder we are now inundated with ramming threads ;)

Sooooooo.. Frontier had faith that players would find maps embedded in an alien audio file,

jpg

but they think these same players won't notice a massive polygon reduction in their favorite ship?

19227409_401.jpg

Last edited:
Shameless bumping with more screenshots.
Taken at the exact same location at the near exact same place (viper is taking much more sunlight) at exact same distance from the star.

Viper Mk IV
20170510015134_1.jpg

2.3 Anaconda
20170510143723_1.jpg

I'm hoping they're creating a masterwork out there that will drop our jaws and it's taking time [big grin]

Last edited:
IDK what all the fuzz is about. Sure, the design is a bit more bland than before and might do with some more contrast in places, but the textures are nicely detailed and high resolution.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
I don't want to make anyone angry, and this might have been said already but I cbf going through all this - but this thread is dumb.

Obviously, and I mean obviously, the crew seating on the Anaconda has been re-positioned for the sake of perspective and reducing motion sickness. It had always been on my mind that crew on the Annie's bridge would eventually get real sick and tired of their view being slightly skewed off center. I think that after some testing, FD has decided that this would be too much of an issue for most - and they've had to redesign it in haste; haste.

Likely all work that had been done beautifying the bridge will have to be redone in the future, but kudos to Frontier for actually presenting it in a working and functional state.

edit* FPS drops in general though, i have no idea :(

Last edited:
Why is this thread dumb if people are pointing out that the Anaconda bridge changes are a large step backwards in their enjoyment of the game? For many it was their ship of choice.

It's unusable for me in its current state. I need the dashboard dark. It's like driving a car at night. Who shines a bright light onto the dashboard like that? It's just common sense.

Last edited:
As a Solo player +1 for the new seats. Smaller, less obtrusive, out of the way...love it!
That's not to say, however, that other things couldn't be tweaked a bit.

Cosmos post (with the light fixtures) is quite "damning" and seems to go against what (very) little FD has said on the subject.

Last edited:
It's unusable for me in its current state. I need the dashboard dark. It's like driving a car at night. Who shines a bright light onto the dashboard like that? It's just common sense.

There's nothing dumb about voicing that concern - but most comment's and indeed the OP are directed to the visual downgrade, taking no notice that the pit has gone through a huge change.

The reflection off the very bland texture on the dash is quite blinding. A bit of an oversight, we may get a temporary fix but the narrative of this thread hasn't proposed one specifically that isn't a full restoration to it's former quality.

With that reaction from us, I would expect FDev to just keeping working at the pace they have been and restore it fully when they get around to it, rather than hearing and acting on our immediate concern about the glare.

That important point will be lost as it already has been; in endless comparison screenshots.

Last edited:
There's nothing dumb about voicing that concern - but most comment's and indeed the OP are directed to the visual downgrade, taking no notice that the pit has gone through a huge change.

The reflection off the very bland texture on the dash is quite blinding. A bit of an oversight, we may get a temporary fix but the narrative of this thread hasn't proposed one specifically that isn't a full restoration to it's former quality.

With that reaction from us, I would expect FDev to just keeping working at the pace they have been and restore it fully when they get around to it, rather than hearing and acting on our immediate concern about the glare.

That important point will be lost as it already has been; in endless comparison screenshots.

Yes I too am really disappointed in how bright the new Anaconda dashboard is, manoeuvring to line up a station the other day and I got full sun onto the dashboard and couldn't see any relevant displays. It needs to be much darker and mat finish, shiny light colours are for showing off not working.

Though the Anaconda is an extreme case after the downgrade of the cockpit I find most ships dashboard areas to prone to reflections.

I need the dashboard dark.
I could not agree more!

And I wish there was an option to turn off some - and all - the cockpit lights.
Or change them to battle or night mode.

No-one, or at least very few, drives at night with a lot of light shining inside the car.

Ships at sea don't flood their bridges with light, especially not at night.
And where there is light, it is red or green.

For my darling Anaconda, I would like to have a darker interior colour and less bright light [yesnod]
Actually, I would like less light in my Clipper and Cutter as well.
The Adder also has very much light in the cockpit.

And, of course; for the Anaconda I would like to get some of the computer screens and buttons back.
They make it look SO MUCH better. :)

Top Bottom