Answers from the Devs 15/10/15

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Dev responses are becoming as mythical as Elvis, Thargoids and Pirate Kill missions
Yes, and it's the communities fault.

At the slightest drop of any news whatsoever the community erupts, covering an emotional range of fanboy squeals to drama queen tirades. Announcements are questioned, picked apart, overanalyzed, with simultaneous nerf/buff requests thrown in for good measure. Usually, even before the Beta for that release starts, people have made up their minds about an issue and are unshakable in their stance. There's an immediate clamour of "Well, that's nice, but what about (insert your personal agenda here)?" The lack of solid news doesn't stop speculation running rampant, arguments ad nauseaum over concepts that haven't even been released yet.

The digital age has not helped as anything that has been said is searchable. You have people going back to the second day of the Kickstarter, pointing at a vague message and screaming "YOU PROMISED ME THIS!!!"

The community has only to look in the mirror to see who is responsible for the devs going quiet. It's a game people. You can disagree and still be civil. You can state your position calmly. Just because you don't get what you wanted is not an excuse to throw a tantrum. There's no need to insult someone holding a counter-opinion. You could even listen to that opinion and see if it has merit before blasting it with invective. Or you can keep quiet and not say anything at all. It's a viable option that more people need to consider.

Given the average age of people on this forum, I simply shake my head at the level of rampant immaturity I've seen here. Grown people who acted that way in my living room would be shown the door and not invited back. This is a discussion forum, not a vomitorium. Grow the heck up. You're adults, act like it. Treat your fellow human beings like oh I don't know, human beings? Then, maybe, the devs will feel justified in interacting with you instead of hiding from the abusive noise these forums generate on an hourly basis.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom