Powerplay Antal Utopia - Call to action

I am shocked the Empire deals with you since under your faction influence Imperial slave are illegal. Waiting for the Empire to go after you and not Archon.

There are no slaves of any kind in Utopia. Harmful substances like narcotics are banned. Illegal trade is closed down. The trade routes are safe as fines and bounties are increased. We overthrow corrupt dictatorships through violent protest. We ship non violent dissidents to the capital for legal due process. We enforce law and order. We make the best Sims in the galaxy. We are at peace with our neighbors and do not undermine their growth. No other power matches the Utopian vision. All talk of Soilent Green, brain washing etc. is not in the lore and never has been. It is fear of the boggy man and made up by other powers, jealous powers looking for another soft target rather than facing the corrupt, unprincipled mess that they are.

Open your eyes. Join Utopia.

You guys sound like an Anarchic group to me and a nasty one.
I see no mention of peaceful protests so you enforce your will upon others through violence so what makes you think you are any better than any other Power that does the same, albeit in a different way?
You also abuse the peaceful and harmonious Humans because they don't bend to your will and embrace violence.
That seems more like a Dictatorship than anything else.
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he never existed".
Lore is one thing, the here and now is what's important...
I'd rather trust a Pirate then have any dealings with Utopia after your speech...even if they do smell terribly bad.

I would agree that these "Sims" you have may actually be brainwashing those who indulge in such things and those who don't get quietly removed from your society just so you can maintain your Utopian vision.
There can be no Utopia if there is any opposition to it at all...that would break your perfect world, so to speak.

The Space Banana had classified you as "Grapes, albeit the seedless variety", because of your unwillingness to go up against other Powers but I'm starting to feel you and your kind may be one of the Galaxies greatest threats.

No amount of Tea and Cakes can ever fix this Ben and I was almost sold...
But I'm sticking with the Grapefruits (Hudson).

Welp!
I have attached something I don't know how to remove....
:(
Was the only good thing Monks ever did...

Attachments

• buckfast.jpg
    buckfast.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:

Y'know Ben, when you said you'd put the Slavery behind you and all of that I was so very proud of you.
This comment:
"We ship non violent dissidents to the capital for legal due process" suggests that you are silently & albeit legally (in your jurisdiction) quashing any and all things that do not agree with your ideals.
I guess we can't talk about the more violent ones either, they just...like disappear? No efforts to reform, nothing like a traditional Human court would do.
Simple fact seems to be that if people you conquer disagree, they're automatically dealt with but on what grounds? Where is the freedom?
You seem like a very dictatorial society, as in your way or the highway.
Hence why many think you are manipulating your population through these "Sims"...

Last edited:
The way I see it the non violent criminals got to court and get reformed, jailed etc. The violent ones get dealt with by force as required. Being a dissident does not mean being correct. The systems that Antal is most effective against through violent protest are dictatorships, which only comes after publicity material of a better life is accepted by the majority. Only then is Utopia welcome overthrow the corrupt system, judge fairly the slavers, the drug runners, the criminals. These are the dissidents not the man on the street. Legal due process sounds pretty civilized and anything but 1984.

The leap to mind-control is naive and built around fear of the 'other' and looking for scary monsters and wizard in the shadows.

Freedom is worth fighting for as is the punishment of bad people.

Utopia's most effective governments are co-operatives, communes and civilized drinkers of tea who like to play simulations.

Last edited:
The way I see it the non violent criminals got to court and get reformed, jailed etc. The violent ones get dealt with by force as required. Being a dissident does not mean being correct. The systems that Antal is most effective against through violent protest are dictatorships, which only comes after publicity material of a better life is accepted by the majority. Only then can Utopia overthrow the corrupt system, judge fairly the slavers, the drug runners, the criminals. Legal due process sounds pretty civilized and anything but 1984.

The leap to mind-control is naive and built around fear of the 'other' and looking for scary monsters and wizard in the shadows.

Freedom is worth fighting for as is the punishment of bad people.

Utopia's most effective governments are co-operatives, communes and civilized drinkers of tea who like to play simulations.

Okay, so people who disagree get auto-jailed. That would be me like whining about anything the Federation does but I don't go to Jail, do I?
I would concur that the "Grapefruits" would meet violence with violence so on that we would be agreed. Seems fair.
But don't you find it funny that you are most effective against Dictatorships, as in take a forced, subservient system from their control, only to bend them to your will? Their spirit would be broken and oh so very easy to manipulate. Then you give them "Sims" to ease their pain and call it enlightenment, only to brainwash in the long term.

I find it interesting that "Slave Traders & Drug Runners" are considered non-violent yet their actions can wreck lives completely. Where is the balance of morality here? What is more harmful, a quick death or a lifetime of trauma?
Do you even acknowledge there may be those who suffer under your control and have been traumatized before, no matter how strict (which i find light), or is the only answer "Sims"...

I also find it amusing the Communes, Co-OP's, yet not all Tea drinkers (cause I'm one usually) are usually the places where discontent is seeded, yet for some reason it doesn't affect your group, and that is why something smells very funny about you guys.
I feel you are silencing / removing those who disagree with your ideals.
The whole "Sim" thing comes across like some kinda magic fix for all woes which suggests there is far more to it than we currently think.
For the greater good and the idealism, right?

Last edited:
Okay, so people who disagree get auto-jailed.

- No they go to the capital for due legal process at the expense of the commanders who take them there.

But don't you find it funny that you are most effective against Dictatorships, as in take a forced, subservient system from their control, only to bend them to your will?

- Not really. What's funny about dictatorships (apart form infantile humor) We can only go there if the populace accepts our message.

Their spirit would be broken and oh so very easy to manipulate. Then you give them "Sims" to ease their pain and call it enlightenment, only to brainwash in the long term.

- You're making that up on your own. It's not even vaguely part of the games lore. Show me a quote.

I find it interesting that "Slave Traders & Drug Runners" are considered non-violent yet their actions can wreck lives completely.

- I mean the difference between between a gunship and a drug pusher. One is immediate the other is not. The banning of slaves and narcotics and increased penalites seems reasonable for the latter.

Where is the balance of morality here? What is more harmful, a quick death or a lifetime of trauma?

- Another topic entirely and well worth pursuing but as we all know morality is often subject to personal perception and individual experience. I think it would be fair to say both are social ills. The crime is committed by the criminals not by those seeking to make life better.

Do you even acknowledge there may be those who suffer under your control and have been traumatized before, no matter how strict (which i find light), or is the only answer "Sims"...

- Not very clear. But I think the answers is not Sims. What do you mean in plain terms?

I also find it amusing the Communes, Co-OP's, yet not all Tea drinkers (cause I'm one usually) are usually the places where discontent is seeded, yet for some reason it doesn't affect your group, and that is why something smells very funny about you guys.

- How do you take yours? Drop by HIP 4005 for a brew. Broad statement saying those are the places where discontent is seeded. That seems very much like it has been founded on popular fiction rather than fact. Perhaps discontent comes from the prevelance of slavery, drugs and such like rather than people socailising.

I feel you are silencing / removing those who disagree with your ideals.

- Feelings and intuition are good things. They make use individuals and human. Also often completely wrong.

The whole "Sim" thing comes across like some kinda magic fix for all woes which suggests there is far more to it than we currently think.
- The Sim thing? Care to ellborate? I see it as Simulations no more incredible and popular than games and television.

For the greater good and the idealism, right?

- No. For the good.

Last edited:
So you live in happy bliss and tranquil benevolence...

.. until one day you make one smartass one liner joke about Antal's Balding pattern reminding you of brain surgery scars- typical of criminal brain wipe procedures...

.. and the black vans rapidly pull up to take you away, shipped off in unlisted free pilot ships to home system, where you are never. seen. again.

Wow they found you fast! they must have a whole Big Brother network already deeply entrenched, watching everyone [citizens!] very, very closely. Woe betide any newly acquired system to fall under this regime.

The constant influx of dissidents and the utter lack of exports of same, and the not- overpopulated worlds, implies something bad happening. Its simply in the Math. Soilent leaps are really just a tippy toe step at this point. But fine: you explain that math.

We can safely strike Freedom off of the list of citizen privileges, as well as freedom of speech, or freedom of being sarcastically unwise. I joined them for a very short time. Instantly felt the cultiness. Felt like I'd rather not ship bodies around packed like sardines but definitely NOT slaves (somehow) as an effort to control already established systems.. and rapidly fled that particular existential nightmare.

But maybe I am biased- with a prior games bad mojo still creeping me out today- when I catch a whiff of anything remotely similar: who else recalls the "teachings" of Chairman Sheng Ji Yang? (Sid Meirs Alpha Centauri faction)
[video=youtube;U_hrYz_2uAk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_hrYz_2uAk[/video]

Last edited:
So you live in happy bliss and tranquil benevolence...

.. until one day you make one smartass one liner joke about Antal's Balding pattern reminding you of brain surgery scars- typical of criminal brain wipe procedures...

.. and the black vans rapidly pull up to take you away, shipped off in unlisted free pilot ships to home system, where you are never. seen. again.

Wow they found you fast! they must have a whole Big Brother network already deeply entrenched, watching everyone [citizens!] very, very closely. Woe betide any newly acquired system to fall under this regime.

The constant influx of dissidents and the utter lack of exports of same, and the not- overpopulated worlds, implies something bad happening. Its simply in the Math. Soilent leaps are really just a tippy toe step at this point. But fine: you explain that math.

We can safely strike Freedom off of the list of citizen privileges, as well as freedom of speech, or freedom of being sarcastically unwise. I joined them for a very short time. Instantly felt the cultiness. Felt like I'd rather not ship bodies around packed like sardines but definitely NOT slaves (somehow) as an effort to control already established systems.. and rapidly fled that particular existential nightmare.

But maybe I am biased- with a prior games bad mojo still creeping me out today- when I catch a whiff of anything remotely similar: who else recalls the "teachings" of Chairman Sheng Ji Yang? (Sid Meirs Alpha Centauri faction)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_hrYz_2uAk

Yes you're biased and everything you said is made up and not part of the lore and it is a very simple adverting tactic called FUD. The spreading of Fear Uncertainty and Doubt based on imagination rather than evidence. Further you employ another poor technique where you use one product to discredit another because you claim they are the very same.

You might as well be saying the Dahlia-lama is a crackhead despot because you think his eyes are too close together.

D - . Poorly constructed argument, lack of evidence, poor through line, irrelevant conclusion.

Here's some home work

https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/uid/5571e60e9657bae72433fa1d
https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/18-JUN-3301
https://community.elitedangerous.com...57ba0a7533fa1e
https://community.elitedangerous.com...57ba9a154208e8
https://community.elitedangerous.com...57bae72433fa1d
https://community.elitedangerous.com...57ba8b6add8f7f
https://community.elitedangerous.com...57baef1c5913c1
https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/23-JUN-3301

Last edited:
I might take the road to Utopia, great benefits for smugglers and hunters and they play Todd Rundgren all day long!

Good to see folks right into it. Love the Dahlia Lama flowerpot reference Ben.
May the Flying Spaghetti Monster dangle His Noodley Appendage on all of you.
Rep for you all! (Well Banana, The Ben and Calaban anyways)

Oops can't rep ya, it says I gotta spread it like one of those evil Kardashian Thargoid hybrids first.

Last edited:
I might take the road to Utopia, great benefits for smugglers and hunters and they play Todd Rundgren all day long!

Good to see folks right into it. Love the Dahlia Lama flowerpot reference Ben.
May the Flying Spaghetti Monster dangle His Noodley Appendage on all of you.
Rep for you all! (Well Banana, The Ben and Calaban anyways)

Oops can't rep ya, it says I gotta spread it like one of those evil Kardashian Thargoid hybrids first.

I think you'll like it. We are the smallest player group of all of power play. Only 2% so were are well co-ordinated, friendly and fun. An every player's activity or ideas make a huge difference.

This is where we gather https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteAntal/

And here's an example of just one of the fun things we are up to.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=166533&page=4&p=2755842&viewfull=1#post2755842

Top Bottom