Anyone else hunting for new US/Thargoid sites? Added candidate sites

What is an API client?

Oh ok, you said there were none previously :p, did you simply miss some? And I deleted some system names from the candidate list as a result, doh! I wonder if the forum's edit history will show them?.... I'll have a look.
Yeah understood about picking the low hanging fruit 1st, much more likely to find new TSs & sooner :), I'll edit the op.

I use EDDiscovery to update EDSM, that's my API client. For the WW, apologies, I though at first that wasn't relevant for our criterias. I propose to make a second list with WaterWorld candidates. That second list will be very uncertain since the chance of finding a TS is lower in this case. For that list I've got these systems :
HIP 18625
HIP 13638
HIP 17643
Synuefe DT-O d7-25
Synuefai TF-Y c17-6
HIP 20197
HIP 15697
Aries Dark Region MS-T c3-13
Hyades Sector BV-Y c16
Aries Dark Region FW-W d1-73
HIP 23139
Col 285 Sector DL-X c1-13
Hyades Sector DB-X c1-6
Col 285 Sector FB-X d1-88
Mel 22 Sector NI-T d3-12
Taurus Dark Region DL-Y d47
HIP 23077
HIP 16107

If I had to search for a WW containing TS system, I would start with HIP 18625 or Taurus Dark Region DL-Y d47. Both got only one rocky landable candidate and both are situated in an empty place of the Thargo bubble.

Never mind ;).
Re API clients, ah ok, yep I'm using the same.

But like you said, low chance of finding a TS in a WW ACW system, best to leave those to when (or if!) we ever exhaust non-WW systems. Still plenty of those to pick the low hanging fruit from :).

Just stumbled across another TS candidate system which hasn't been fully scanned for EDSM (I will do) , Aries Dark Region OI-T c3-8, 1a is the only landable rocky body with a r of 1029 km. Btw, the 2 remaining un-scanned bodies for EDSM are icy worlds.

[edit] Damn, it's already a known 1, but the moon location is wrong on the TS 3D map, it's def 1a not 1b, see EDSM.

Last edited:
I mensioned in the surface feature thread, but while hunting barnys , this system does seem to me to fit for a possible not listed Thargoid structure.
PLEIADES SECTOR SE-P b6-0
D 5 (860km) and D 6 (1065km) , small radius planets, both seem viable temp. iirc 237k & 216k ..

Ammonia gas giant is 1000 ls from main AB binary star pair.
C and D binary stars 11 kls

Barnacles confirmed on D 1 so far

19p9Urlh.png

I guess only bad thing is few US are on planets, mostly on moons ? theyre still small planets but i shall search anyway

Last edited:
Here is two other candidates we could add (both gas giant with ammonia systems) :
Pleiades Sector IH-V c2-5 1a and 1b (system with population)
HIP 19761 AB 2 a

Guys I think I would like to add your candidates to the USS-Survey patrol zone. Might as well kill two birds with one stone right?

What I need from you is a spreadheet with candidate name and instructions I can supply coordinates. The instructions might be to visit a specific planet or something like that.

One other thing. There is an EDMC plugin called HabZone, it will show you if you have high value planets in system. It could be adapted to identify systems that could be candidates.

Thanks LCU :), will look into it in the next few days. I don't even know how to setup a spreadsheet atm! ;)

In that case just send me a list and I will set up a spreadsheet.

Also if you could peovide me with some details on what makes a system or a body a candidate then I can see about making some sort of plugin to tell you if the current system you are in is a candidate.

That's very decent of you :), the requirements for searching, candidate systems & a list (of atm just 11 good candidates) are in the op.
Their are likely hundreds more candidate systems in the 150 LY Merope bubble, they have to be manually filtered due to the various requirements (even from the many filters available from spansh.co.uk), also that doesn't include systems that aren't in EDSM etc.
So once you've got it setup & people start searching them, I'll add more to the list.

Btw, these searches are not for the faint hearted, although it's a helluva lot easier than searching for Dynasty & INARA bases, it does still involve a lot of eyeballing. A small moon (say 400 km) takes about 2-2 1/2 hrs, big ones (e.g ~2200 km) ~3 1/2 hrs.
What we don't want is someone zooming around a moon/planet in SC in 10 mins & saying it's done, unless they've found a TS of course ;) (although for a very large moon staying in SC might work, so far no TSs have been found in worlds over 0.42g).

OP - Synuefe UZ-X c17-10 1b this is confirmed site, should be removed from list of candidates, good I checked, I was about to search it :)

so is HIP 22347 (again, I was to scan 4a, and surprize surprize, this is where the TS is :) )

Last edited:
Ok thanks, I don't know how they got it in, must have been a later addition, sorry about that :eek:.

Op updated.

Last edited:
Ta. Did you check the rest? I just spotted those two, because I actually wanted to go and scout, so I did not look at any other candidates on the list yet.

When I 1st created the list I checked every single 1, later I added some, some of which were given to me by other posters here (like Synuefe UZ-X c17-10), I can only think I had assumed it had already been checked, as for the HIP 1 I'm not sure (I couldn't find it mentioned in the thread until you did) [edit], it's 1 of the new TSs, so maybe it got left in after it was found?? Anyway, none of them should be already known TSs, but I'm going to check them all now! ;)

[update]
Arrggh, HIP 18909 was another!
Ok, all checked now, no known TSs in the candidate system list (including the 'less likely' ones).

But the list for 'Good candidates' is rather short now! (I moved 1 from the good list to the less likely list too).

Last edited:
Aye sir, moving to HIP 19761 :) Shame there are no geysers, would love to kill two birds with one stone. Sorry for bit of OT but what is the good temperature to find barnacles?

I may have another candidate system for your search-list: MEL 22 SECTOR OD-S C4-0
It has a Gas-Giant with ammonia based life (141K) and two rocky moons (249K) orbiting another Gas-Giant.
I already tried to search the moons a few times, but I couldn't find a TS. So I think time for the TS-Finding-Experts to take a look at it.

I may have another candidate system for your search-list: MEL 22 SECTOR OD-S C4-0
It has a Gas-Giant with ammonia based life (141K) and two rocky moons (249K) orbiting another Gas-Giant

Yep, I looked at one 6 weeks ago, but I am afraid they are bit too hot for candidate.

Last edited:
Yeah they are a little too hot I'm afraid, although only by 3k!

No idea about barnacles I'm afraid, I think there's a dedicated thread for those.
GL on HIP 19761 :)

Top Bottom