Anyone with an RX 6000 series card able to get Odyssey to run with the 22.5.2 drivers?

This is without encoding started mate and it's on all capture sources - game, window and display

I'm at a loss. I also use OBS to record, and while it will have a modest bit of CPU load just being open, I haven't had any issues with it interfering with game performance.

I don't use any overlays or other tools - this was recorded using AMD's Adreneline.
1440, HDR, 60Hz (at that time) so nothing that wasn't working (and is working again) with 22.5.1.

I did forget to clear the shaders and delete the worktable (as I have forgotten where to find them - it has been a long time since I played around with this) so will do a check where they are, clear them and do a clean install with the latest drivers... I wonder if OBS might capture 'everything'?

GPUWorkTable.xml is in the main game directory (same one as the game's executable). You can clear the shader cache from in the AMD control panel (bottom of graphics settings, IIRC) and/or Windows' Disk Cleanup utility.

OBS and ReLive should both be capturing the framebuffer at the same time.

Is the AMD overlay enabled?

GPUWorkTable.xml is in the main game directory (same one as the game's executable). You can clear the shader cache from in the AMD control panel (bottom of graphics settings, IIRC)
Thank you very much... The AMD cache clear is hidden nicely, but now cleared.
Allegedly yes - it does show a counter when recording, and the hints pop up on which button to press for what. That would only take a second to disable.

Now off to do a clean install of the new driver, and try again. (I may even have my camera handy if it goes off on a paddy again)

Still the same, sadly!
Overlay disabled: Some samples taken with my Sony camera as the OBS screen capture was clean!

Not in the right order - but gives a clear indication of what is happening on my screen!
Camera is capturing at 1080 / 50Hz (UK settings) screen refresh 60Hz, but the colour flashing is accurate enough to see!

Afterthought: The surface of the planet, seen on the second monitor, is incorrect, it isn't green... And the HUD colours are wrong too - they are standard EDO, not modified!

Last edited:
Still the same, sadly!

Overlay disabled: Some samples taken with my Sony camera as the OBS screen capture was clean!

Not in the right order - but gives a clear indication of what is happening on my screen!
Camera is capturing at 1080 / 50Hz (UK settings) screen refresh 60Hz, but the colour flashing is accurate enough to see!

Afterthought: The surface of the planet, seen on the second monitor, is incorrect, it isn't green... And the HUD colours are wrong too - they are standard EDO, not modified!

The shader bug I've been using 3DMigoto to fix is clearly present, but that likely doesn't have anything to do with the flashing.

Haven't seen anything that before. For OBS not to be able to capture it, it really sound like an issue related to the display or the display output settings. What happens if you change/reduce refresh rate and or resolution?

What happens if you change/reduce refresh rate and or resolution?
Changing resolution or refresh rate doesn't change the flashing (higher refresh just flickers faster!)
But: Switching to Windowed from Fullscreen gets rid of the flashing altogether, leaving the banding (fixed by the 3dmigoto 'fix', I think) visible.
Screenshot_0148.jpg

So, not quite fixed yet, it seems! (but I did look at a couple of other games between times DX11 stuff is a bit quicker)
The middle band looks about accurate for the surface colour, only a bit off.

Last edited:
Changing resolution or refresh rate doesn't change the flashing (higher refresh just flickers faster!)
But: Switching to Windowed from Fullscreen gets rid of the flashing altogether, leaving the banding (fixed by the 3dmigoto 'fix', I think) visible.
View attachment 329836

So, not quite fixed yet, it seems! (but I did look at a couple of other games between times DX11 stuff is a bit quicker)
The middle band looks about accurate for the surface colour, only a bit off.

What happens if you disable full screen optimizations?

Nah, reverting back to 22.5.1.
Atmo planets are not working correctly.

View attachment 329837

Also the shader bug that 3DMigoto can fix.

What happens if you disable full screen optimizations?

Also the shader bug that 3DMigoto can fix.
I didn't really feel like messing around with dlls and stuff but on the second read it didn't seem that complicated so I tried the workaround from your post 228.
At first I thought my planet generation was stuck but it just took a bit longer while sitting at 0%.
Atmo planets now seems OK.

Will I have to delete these modified files once AMD decides to release the proper drivers?

Will I have to delete these modified files once AMD decides to release the proper drivers?

It would probably be a good idea, even though the shader doesn't seem to do anything. That said, just having the game launcher verify files will remove all mods.

I don't think I'm using any.
(I'm not being obtuse, but I am over-tired so may be being stupid!)

Find the game executable, r-click on it, and go to the compatibility tab.

ind the game executable, r-click on it, and go to the compatibility tab.
Thank you!
With the optimisations disabled the flashing is gone in full screen, now have a red stripe across the horizon, gamma needed to be pushed up too (it had gone way too dark)
Methinks I'll have a play with your fix, I'm now quite interested in this issue as there are other benefits to be gained for me too!

But playtime is over for an hour or two, so later I'll come back with my findings. Thanks for the suggestions.

ETA: That link you gave me to peruse is fascinating!

Last edited:
Top Bottom