[Application] EDJP and EDJPO

Updated to 0.4.4 - added zoomed in AVI support, squished some bugs, hopefully handle a previously unhandled exception, and almost certainly added shiny new bugs.

Aaand a question...
Regarding the screenshots to imgur. Does it rely on the screenshots being in the default folder?
I use EDD to rename and move them so I suspect that's why the one I have weren't picked up. Possibly maybe you could pick up the file name and path from EDD when your scanning it for the route history? IE, check the next couple of events after the body scan to see if there's a screenshot event and if yes, read it for location

It does “guess” the initial screenshot directory, but it should work ok if you point it wherever EDD is moving the images to. I don’t use the in-game screenshots and mine upload ok.

Belatedly I have decided to use your great tool.
Unfortunately I get this message:
i0CKpLA.jpg

Norton (using Win 10 & Noprton Security) tried to delete it but I restored the folder, but it will not run - I get the same message if trying to run as 'Administrator'.
Any ideas?

Are you maybe using 32-bit Windows? (Control Panel -> System and Security -> System -> System Type). Recent builds have been 64-bit only as I believe some of the dependant libraries are 64-bit, and I don't have a 32-bit system to check on.

If this is the case, I'm expecting to release a new version in next couple of days. I could try a 32-bit build for you, but can't guarantee all parts of it will work.

Sure. 0.4.4 or 0.3.2.

It might also be something called "Smart Screen" if you're using Edge. You can temporarily disable it by typing "smartscreen" in Run bar and clicking "App & browser control". If you do this, I wouldn't recommend leaving it off as it's trying to be helpful, but it might fix whatever the current problem is.

Many thanks for the quick replies :)
Both versions ran fine (after I told Norton to restore them!).
Used 0.4.4 and uploaded 216 ELW. Will check it all later - many thanks.

It does “guess” the initial screenshot directory, but it should work ok if you point it wherever EDD is moving the images to. I don’t use the in-game screenshots and mine upload ok.

I think you're only looking in one folder, not sub-folders. I have EDD create me a subfolder per system. Maybe this is overkill, but it seemed like a good idea at the time and now I have a lot :/
I did an experiment and ran the tool against my journal, and then went and looked inside each subfolder. If I had taken a screenshot, I moved it to another folder so they could all be grouped together (move rather than copy to preserve creation date etc). Then I ran the tool again with it pointing to the new folder. Voilla - I had screenshots picked up and auto-uploaded. I only had to fill in the gaps - the systems I hadn't taken a screenshot...or the screenshot was of my ship in front of the ELW instead of the system info :rolleyes:

Updated to 0.5.0. Improvements mostly to route plotter - you can now copy data from a spreadsheet into plotter, and the route no longer takes you back to the start. Removed limit on number of systems (but the more you add the slower the path calculation will be). It can do a bulk lookup from EDSM, but I wouldn't go crazy with it - you'll probably hit API limits if you try and lookup thousands of systems in 1 go.

I think you're only looking in one folder, not sub-folders. I have EDD create me a subfolder per system. Maybe this is overkill, but it seemed like a good idea at the time and now I have a lot :/

The problem with this is it would require generating a tree to find everything - which is doable, but it's quite a lot of extra effort. I will think on this some more.

Last edited:
The problem with this is it would require generating a tree to find everything - which is doable, but it's quite a lot of extra effort. I will think on this some more.

Could you not get the info from EDD itself? It 'knows' what it named the file (full path).

Fwiw, for now I disabled the sub folders. Will see how I go with it all in one spot.

Updated to 0.5.0. Improvements mostly to route plotter - you can now copy data from a spreadsheet into plotter, and the route no longer takes you back to the start. Removed limit on number of systems (but the more you add the slower the path calculation will be). It can do a bulk lookup from EDSM, but I wouldn't go crazy with it - you'll probably hit API limits if you try and lookup thousands of systems in 1 go.

Well alright then :D [up]

I used the new version last night...twice :/ And it failed to make any imgur links - the first time was my fault because it was still pointing to the subfolders area, not the new area where I turned subfolders off a couple of months back. But the 2nd run should have been golden....but wasn't.
So I went back to the 0.4.5 version - it managed to make two imgur entries (out of 25). At which point I gave up and did it manually myself.

This morning I was looking at the logs (too tired last night) and was gonna report a bug......until I read the spoiler in post one about the upload limit to imgur. I'm guessing that's the problem I encountered since the log says "ImgurUpload" "Disabling imgur uploading due to error"

So instead of a bug report, two possible enhancement suggestions :D
1) Instead of just disabling imgur in the background, how about popping a notification to the user. Something like; Imgur being disabled due to an error. This may be due to exceeding the upload limit this hour. Let the user then choose to carry on, or abort to try again later. (if abort, set the journal 'start' back to what it was for convenience)

2) Could we also use our own accounts? That would give more uploadability (is that a word?) *and* maybe give you the option of splitting the uploads into chunks of 50 or whatever the limit is (if I'd waited until the end of the expedition to do them all, I think I had 80 odd so could have done 50 and 30 or whatever )

So instead of a bug report, two possible enhancement suggestions :D
1) Instead of just disabling imgur in the background, how about popping a notification to the user. Something like; Imgur being disabled due to an error. This may be due to exceeding the upload limit this hour. Let the user then choose to carry on, or abort to try again later. (if abort, set the journal 'start' back to what it was for convenience)

2) Could we also use our own accounts? That would give more uploadability (is that a word?) *and* maybe give you the option of splitting the uploads into chunks of 50 or whatever the limit is (if I'd waited until the end of the expedition to do them all, I think I had 80 odd so could have done 50 and 30 or whatever )

I've looked at using imgur accounts before, but it was a lot of extra hassle for something that'd be used be very few people. I might revisit it at some point, and I have a lot of planned improvements in mind, but with the upcoming changes to exploration I find my enthusiasm for both EDJP and E:D... tamed - so it won't be until after the next update and we see what state exploration is left in.

Top Bottom