[Application] EDJP and EDJPO

I've found 4 ELW today so ran EDJP and added them into my record. I then spotted the imgur autoload. I'll be using that next time, but just wondering if I need to add my imgur details somewhere or does it go to an account that's built in?

I've found 4 ELW today so ran EDJP and added them into my record. I then spotted the imgur autoload. I'll be using that next time, but just wondering if I need to add my imgur details somewhere or does it go to an account that's built in?

No, it uses the anonymous upload API so no details required. Just make sure the first screenshot after you've scanned an ELW is of the system map, and that it happens within 5 mins of you scanning the body.

No, it uses the anonymous upload API so no details required. Just make sure the first screenshot after you've scanned an ELW is of the system map, and that it happens within 5 mins of you scanning the body.

Thanks. I'll try it when I discover my next one (he says, hopefully)

Don't know if this is the place to report issues with EDJP, but when I use the ELW list maker I'm seeing "An item with the same key has already been added." then EDJP either just disappears or Windows catches it crashing and shows the "EDJP has stopped working" popup.
I'm guessing the cause is I went on an exploration run, destroyed my ship, then went back to the same (undiscovered, ELW-containing) system so there's two entries for me "discovering" the planet in the journal? I haven't sold the data in-game yet.

Don't know if this is the place to report issues with EDJP, but when I use the ELW list maker I'm seeing "An item with the same key has already been added." then EDJP either just disappears or Windows catches it crashing and shows the "EDJP has stopped working" popup.
I'm guessing the cause is I went on an exploration run, destroyed my ship, then went back to the same (undiscovered, ELW-containing) system so there's two entries for me "discovering" the planet in the journal? I haven't sold the data in-game yet.

Ah, OK. I'll take a look at this, hopefully have a fix some time this week.

Inspired by CMDR Orvidius's work here, I decided to try adding a facility to generate AVIs to EDJP (mostly because it's something I haven't done before). So here it is, version 0.4.0 with added AVI generation support. It'll read journals or EDDiscovery data. It'll probably be unhappy if you use multiple CMDRs though - I'll fix that at some point.

Ooh, what a nice surprise. Thanks a lot for doing this! Especially that it can use EDDiscovery's database: personally, I lost my journal files from over a year ago in a hard disk failure, but I still had the database in EDD's portable version. Just generated a video with it, and it worked perfectly.
One minor feature request: could you add the dates to one of the corners please? Perhaps as a toggleable option.

Ooh, what a nice surprise. Thanks a lot for doing this! Especially that it can use EDDiscovery's database: personally, I lost my journal files from over a year ago in a hard disk failure, but I still had the database in EDD's portable version. Just generated a video with it, and it worked perfectly.
One minor feature request: could you add the dates to one of the corners please? Perhaps as a toggleable option.

Yeh, that was on my todo list :). Glad it worked for someone besides me...

Added title / system / date as optional things for AVIs. Added option to show ELWs / deaths as events in AVI. Fixed multiple commanders issue. Other stuff. 0.4.2

Edit: Bumped to 0.4.3 for a speculative bugfix.

Last edited:
erm.....how do I use the imgur option? Do I just need to have the imgur webpage open? (I didn't and no uploads happened, but I also don't have a complete set of screenies so...)

erm.....how do I use the imgur option? Do I just need to have the imgur webpage open? (I didn't and no uploads happened, but I also don't have a complete set of screenies so...)

For imgur upload to work, after you discover an ELW you should take a screenshot of the System Map showing it. This needs to happen within 5 mins of the scan happening. EDJP will look for the first screenshot taken after the ELW was scanned - and if it happened within 5 mins - will upload it to imgur. No, you don't need the webpage open. If you didn't do it this time, you'll need to manually upload the images and replace the ?s with proper links, but hopefully this'll help for future discoveries.

Thanks. So how does the app authenticate to imgur? I wasn't prompted for credentials.

Also....I got a sql error if I try to use EDD instead of journals to make the video. I'm at work now and I'm sure 'an error' is not enough to go on 🙄 but....will using EDD enable a video to be completed from *before* journals were a thing? If yes, awesome. I have some systems still lacking co-ordinates though so might that create errors?

Thanks. So how does the app authenticate to imgur? I wasn't prompted for credentials.
It uses the public API - so uploads aren't tied to any imgur account you might have.

Also....I got a sql error if I try to use EDD instead of journals to make the video. I'm at work now and I'm sure 'an error' is not enough to go on  but....will using EDD enable a video to be completed from *before* journals were a thing? If yes, awesome. I have some systems still lacking co-ordinates though so might that create errors?
Make sure that a) EDJP has worked out the path to EDD databases correctly and b) you're using the latest release (or at least something semi-recent). Yes, it will plot using any data EDD has - including location data from the old netlogs. It will mean things like discovered ELWs and deaths won't be plotted until journals existed though.

If it still doesn't work, let me know the SQL error and I'll take a look.

It uses the public API - so uploads aren't tied to any imgur account you might have.

Make sure that a) EDJP has worked out the path to EDD databases correctly and b) you're using the latest release (or at least something semi-recent). Yes, it will plot using any data EDD has - including location data from the old netlogs. It will mean things like discovered ELWs and deaths won't be plotted until journals existed though.

If it still doesn't work, let me know the SQL error and I'll take a look.

Allrighty, here goes. Using 0.43
Setting directory;
ebx4peW.png

Proof that's where EDD is (just in case I'm being an idiot):
a5zZWCQ.png

The error:
4wCVOKD.png

and the copy paste from the error dialog box

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
Microsoft.CSharp.RuntimeBinder.RuntimeBinderException: Cannot perform runtime binding on a null reference
at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object , Int32 )
at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute2[T0,T1,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1)
at EliteTools.JSONToStruct.ConvertToSystem(Object json) in C:\Users\psyko\documents\visual studio 2015\Projects\EliteTools\EliteTools\JSONToStruct.cs:line 56
at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Type , Object )
at EliteDangerousJournalProcessor.FormMakeAVIPreSetup.GetSQLSystems()
at EliteDangerousJournalProcessor.FormMakeAVIPreSetup.btnFind_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.7.2633.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
EliteDangerousJournalProcessor
Assembly Version: 0.4.3.0
Win32 Version: 0.4.3
CodeBase: file:///Z:/Downloads/edjp.0.4.3/EDJP/EliteDangerousJournalProcessor.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.7.2556.0 built by: NET471REL1
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.7.2612.0 built by: NET471REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
EliteTools
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Dave/AppData/Local/Temp/Costura/A6DECE75B75AD9D1B86A425A4EA8B506/elitetools.dll
System.Net.Http
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Net.Http/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Net.Http.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Data.SQLite
Assembly Version: 1.0.107.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.107.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Dave/AppData/Local/Temp/Costura/A6DECE75B75AD9D1B86A425A4EA8B506/system.data.sqlite.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Transactions
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 10.0.3.21018
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Dave/AppData/Local/Temp/Costura/A6DECE75B75AD9D1B86A425A4EA8B506/newtonsoft.json.dll
Microsoft.CSharp
Win32 Version: 4.7.2556.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
Google.OrTools
Assembly Version: 6.5.4527.26515
Win32 Version:
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Dave/AppData/Local/Temp/Costura/A6DECE75B75AD9D1B86A425A4EA8B506/64/google.ortools.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
System.Numerics
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Dynamic
Win32 Version: 4.7.2556.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Well, it should definitely be handling the error better, so I'll look at that - but I think the problem is you're pointing at the install directory for EDD, not the data directory.
If you do Start, Run and type "%localappdata%\EDDiscovery" (without the quotes) that should open an explorer window to where the data is. You should then be able to browse there in the directory selector of EDJP - though does it not find that folder automatically? It should do, it's programmatically doing the same as above...

The databases for EDD are not necessarily in %localappdata%\EDDiscovery. The portable version puts them in \Data under the install directory and both versions include the option to move the database. If you're trying to find the dbs automatically then the default directory will have a dboptions.txt file in it pointing to the actual database location if they have been moved.

Disorganise's screenshot does show the databases in the install folder but 1.4GB for EDDSystems.sqlite does look quite small and they've not been updated in 13 months so I don't think those are the live ones the app is using...

Right. Yeh, I go with %localappdata%\EDDiscovery as an initial guess and then let the user change it if needed - but I'll certainly investigate the dboptions.txt file as a potential better guess, thanks.

Well, it should definitely be handling the error better, so I'll look at that - but I think the problem is you're pointing at the install directory for EDD, not the data directory.
If you do Start, Run and type "%localappdata%\EDDiscovery" (without the quotes) that should open an explorer window to where the data is. You should then be able to browse there in the directory selector of EDJP - though does it not find that folder automatically? It should do, it's programmatically doing the same as above...

hmmm. well....you're right. leave it with the defaults and it works fine. This is a bugbear of mine - if I install something somewhere other than default, I expect it to put everything there - there's usually good reason (like not wanting to run out of SSD space). Disappointed in EDD (for the 1st time ever) :(
thanks - my vid is much more complete now :) o7

hmmm. well....you're right. leave it with the defaults and it works fine. This is a bugbear of mine - if I install something somewhere other than default, I expect it to put everything there

The db defaults are different - but just as configurable. Hold down SHIFT while you launch the application and you'll get the option to move the databases to where you want them :)

Top Bottom