Patch Notes Update April Update - Patch 1

Thanks for the answer. What about smaller modules like fuel transfer and collector limpet controllers? There are others too but i can't remember what they are, can't check either I'm at work.
Limpet controllers have priority. Canopy, cargoholds (I don't know if this is the correct english term in the game for them) and scanners do not. Although the Kill Warrant Scanner have one. See https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...control.png/revision/latest?cb=20150505004536

I played for 3 hours last night and have to say that I didn't really encounter any noticeable problems. The SA now slows the ship before reaching the station, the trails now work without reducing frame rate, NPC combat seems fine...

Admittedly, I was mainly flying missions but to me, the update is now a pretty good one.

Yes, same here was playing for 4 hours this morning and 3 hours this afternoon. All seems smooth now.
I for one always SHOUT at Frontier Dev's when they screw UP. But lets us all be aware this is a multi-platform game . i.e. consoles and PC. There are Multiple Software Modules, and Server Code to deal with. So bugs are inevitable.

But maybe they need more Testers <smirk>
They certainly need our help to report in as much detail as possible when we see a NASTY.

I would also like to see more reaction from the Developers on what they are planning to FIX? Or indeed somethings may not be fixable due to the nature of the beast.

Sorry for the length of this message I waffle.

Yes, same here was playing for 4 hours this morning and 3 hours this afternoon. All seems smooth now.
I for one always SHOUT at Frontier Dev's when they screw UP. But lets us all be aware this is a multi-platform game . i.e. consoles and PC. There are Multiple Software Modules, and Server Code to deal with. So bugs are inevitable.

But maybe they need more Testers <smirk>
They certainly need our help to report in as much detail as possible when we see a NASTY.

I would also like to see more reaction from the Developers on what they are planning to FIX? Or indeed somethings may not be fixable due to the nature of the beast.

Sorry for the length of this message I waffle.
The priorities are not total smooth for me at the moment. My thrusters priority won't keep it's setting. Beside that, of course it's a complex software. And sadly they are not alone with this typical development problems. Although most of them indicate an unstable code basis platform. And I would really like to submit two bug reports. But due to the problems with the bug tracking module I can't as well.

On the positive side: I like the Supercruise Assistant and the new Buy/Sell dialogs very much.

The priorities are not total smooth for me at the moment. My thrusters priority won't keep it's setting. Beside that, of course it's a complex software. And sadly they are not alone with this typical development problems. Although most of them indicate an unstable code basis platform. And I would really like to submit two bug reports. But due to the problems with the bug tracking module I can't as well.

On the positive side: I like the Supercruise Assistant and the new Buy/Sell dialogs very much.

Yes agreed the Supercruise Assistant is very Nice but needs a Button assigned to it. I am not getting any module problems, I think because most of the time I fly my VERY Engineered Corvette and KRAIT MKII. Also I Play Solo, so do not see some of the Multiplayer issues.

I also Have issues with bugtracker.

If by "quick" you mean the 9 days it took to patch the giant bugs from the update, then you and I have different ideas of "quick".
The game is practically unplayable for many right now...

Dev posts are few and far between. It even takes Frontier 2-3 days to even acknowledge game breaking bugs with many submissions and votes - if this was my job I would be posting daily at the very least, you know, "manage" the community as a daily full time job.

9 days is still fairly quick in my book.
I would gladly settle for 9 days.

Never seen a change in Thruster priorities but then I like every player I know leaves them at priority 1 and non of the priority resets I have seen raised the priority number they have all been moved to 1.

Slopey

Volunteer Moderator
I dont think that bug is tied to distance, i had that bug when i was 11kly away from star. I just had to fly few hundred ly closer in different direction to create different angle, and was able to scan normaly again.

I'm getting this also, but changing the angle doesn't help. As I'm out exploring on DW2, this has rendered the game unplayable for now - if I want to actually "explore".

Still an oddity with docking authorization voice acting. After the Apr patch, we only received the Welcome and Automated Docking Engaged audibles. Now we get the Docking Authorized audible again, but not unless we go into autodock mode. Shouldn't we get the "Docking Authorized. Please land on docking bay one niner" WHEN we get the note on the HUD???

Still an oddity with docking authorization voice acting. After the Apr patch, we only received the Welcome and Automated Docking Engaged audibles. Now we get the Docking Authorized audible again, but not unless we go into autodock mode. Shouldn't we get the "Docking Authorized. Please land on docking bay one niner" WHEN we get the note on the HUD???

Oh dang, you are right! I felt like something was off but I had been using the Auto Dock since the last patch. I am going to investigate further but I do have the same issue. The comms about where your assigned pad is and all the "300m to touchdown" or "approach vector is good" etc. seem GONE.

If there's a bug report for this I'd gladly vote it.

Never seen a change in Thruster priorities but then I like every player I know leaves them at priority 1 and non of the priority resets I have seen raised the priority number they have all been moved to 1.
For my exploration build thrusters are set to priority 2 in case of a defective power plant (reduced output). And although this problem (reset to 1 after each jump) is less problematic than the change of all priorites (which is fixed), it indicates, that I can not rely on the priority list anymore für exploration purposes. If still (after the patch) the priorities will be changed by the game itself (even if it's only one), the whole priority list is useless. If we saw this this time and it's still not totally fixed, I will never again use priorities for a decent build if I'm out in the dark far away from home.

Last edited:

I have my Thrusters on Priority 1 one but I tried changing it while auto undocking... it was messed up: I could hear the left/right sound effect but the priority would stay on "1" then suddenly become "5", then "2", then "1" (for some reason never "3" or "4"..) but without being a coherent change, sometimes it would become "1" and stay there then become 2, then 1, then 5, then 2, then 5, then 1.. you get the idea.

However, once set at 1 it never changed nor did any other module priority after the April's Patch Hotfix of May 2nd.

I have my Thrusters on Priority 1 one but I tried changing it while auto undocking... it was messed up: I could hear the left/right sound effect but the priority would stay on "1" then suddenly become "5", then "2", then "1" (for some reason never "3" or "4"..) but without being a coherent change, sometimes it would become "1" and stay there then become 2, then 1, then 5, then 2, then 5, then 1.. you get the idea.

However, once set at 1 it never changed nor did any other module priority after the April's Patch Hotfix of May 2nd.
I have the same. I already wrote about it here some days ago. Unfortunately it's not only changing during auto undocking (which is really messed up 1-5-2-1) but also after hyper jump.

I have the same. I already wrote about it here some days ago. Unfortunately it's not only changing during auto undocking (which is really messed up 1-5-2-1) but also after hyper jump.

Ok I tried to dock now without auto docking computer and the audio messages seem to be back... Maybe they were removed since you are auto docking and do not need to get manual assistance like bearing, speed, assigned pad etc... in a way it makes sense that station flight control finds it unnecessary use of radio traffic...

FSS is still bugged, I've waited for the patch to continue catching up on DW2, bug I can't use FSS most of the time.

Video of the bug :

EDIT : also when FSS seems to work, zooming out from a group of bodies or a body recenters on the parent body, making it very annoying when scanning bodies spread around a gas giant. It always recenters and you have to move the mouse even further away, very frustrating and counter-intuitive.

I'm done until next patch, again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom