Patch Notes Update April Update - Patch Notes

kSIrfnf.png

(xkcd)

And there was Will thinking the launch stream would be full of 'where's Raxxla' questions....

Show me a cutter evading fire from an FDL on that Cutter's SECOND boost. Or for that matter all of the seconds in between boosts.

Show me a cutter evading fire from an FDL without boost.

In fact show me a cutter evading fire from an FdL under any circumstances.

It's a friggen cutter. You might as well be shooting at an asteroid. You're cherry picking an absurd example to imply evasion via boost is not effective. It's actually just that evasion in a cutter in general is not very effective.

Cutters survive by having massive hit point pools, not evasion. And even so, in a 1v1 it will generally lose to a well flown, patient evasive FdL because evasion trumps just about everything else and thus the FdL is going to be hitting the cutter a lot more often than visa versa.

The whole point we're making is that this drag buff is going to make all ships more like cutters. Maybe not quite as hittable as cutters, but definitely it will change all ships to fly much more cutter-like in combat.

Also if someone gets ganked and dies in a cutter that's just so bad it's hilarious.

Last edited:
First off, no you just don't pvp
Second the FDL is one of the worst ships in the game for stalls due to the size of its bluezone, more stuff you'd know if you actually pvp'd, it's actually the worst medium in the game for stalls.
Third, please stop making an absolute fool of yourself you are just oozing of someone who has never actually tried what you are talking about. Let me explain to you how pvp works in this game, this is not a game where you can just tank shots, where you can just slide backwards until your PD shoots the missiles down, this is because whilst doing so you are going to eat poopoo and you are also doing 0 damage, people who don't move in this game die, very quickly, ever noticed how no one flies the python or the dropship in pvp? An armour tank and a shield tank with more HP than the FDL, that's because evasion is the most important thing in the game for surviving, not doing that so that your PD which is already reducing your health pool can shoot down missiles is not a valid option, it's a way to an even faster death. As for ecm again you just don't grasp how fast combat is, you will not in the middle of combat have time to ecm someone who hits you with a missile from the front, you also cannot give yourself full ECM coverage without 3 ECM modules so them simply firing again is enough to make that defense useless. Each one of these modules reducing the HP you have for when you are inevitable hit by drag anyway be it via the missiles you failed to stop if you are actually trying to not die or by the frags that you didn't account for, try avoiding a pacifier and 12 other people, you won't, you will be hit.

It sounds like you are reading my post through the eyes of someone trying to vigorously defend the current meta. Because you are not responding to my actual posts at all, except with supposition and anger and tangential theory crafting about missile def mechanics that haven't been in regular PVP meta for ages, and which I doubt very much that you're as well versed in as the current meta by your descriptions of missile/drag scenarios.

That's fine I don't take it personally. I am just the guy who said that current meta isn't perfect, and so now all of the defenders are out for blood. To what end? Idk. You think Frontier will actually listen to my single voice over the chorus of hysteria? Lol. Be realistic. This is very unlikely to go live with this kind of headwind.

In any case, If you want to check my PVP credentials, I'd be happy to show you what I know when I get back to the bubble from DW2 and the unwarranted drag hysteria has died down. I'm sure you are a decent pilot who can teach me some stuff, and maybe I can teach you some stuff too.

Been thinking about all the hoo-ha about the changes to drag munitions.

What are the risks from? Missiles and frag cannons iirc?

Frags have relatively short range, so not a big risk if you are running. If someone can keep up, then they already can keep up regardless.

Missiles, it will encourage people to put more PDTs on or ECMs. My trade ship has several already (and its a clipper - so fast).

Only issue i think is perhaps packhounds....

Frags have relatively short range, so not a big risk if you are running. If someone can keep up, then they already can keep up regardless.

Missiles, it will encourage people to put more PDTs on or ECMs. My trade ship has several already (and its a clipper - so fast).

Pacifiers?

I can't remember shot speed, but frags have a 2k+ range, unengineered. Pacifiers are over 3K. I don't think effective range applies to special effects. So special effects CtH are probably applied at any range out to max. I'm guessing though. My iCourier can outrun seekers, but I'm pretty sure it can't outrun Pacifiers in this instance.

Rooks o7

Pacifiers?

Drag Pacifiers which have a high reload time can be countered with TLB, they are fixed so they can be countered by skilled use of force cannons, and they can be countered by overcharged screening shot Pacs which have nearly twice the sustained DPS. They can also be countered with stealth (which can in turn be countered by emissive). Long range weapons and kiting are the other obvious counter.

Last edited:
It sounds like you are reading my post through the eyes of someone trying to vigorously defend the current meta. Because you are not responding to my actual posts at all, except with supposition and anger and tangential theory crafting about missile def mechanics that haven't been in regular PVP meta for ages, and which I doubt very much that you're as well versed in as the current meta by your descriptions of missile/drag scenarios.

That's fine I don't take it personally. I am just the guy who said that current meta isn't perfect, and so now all of the defenders are out for blood. To what end? Idk. You think Frontier will actually listen to my single voice over the chorus of hysteria? Lol. Be realistic. This is very unlikely to go live with this kind of headwind.

In any case, If you want to check my PVP credentials, I'd be happy to show you what I know when I get back to the bubble from DW2 and the unwarranted drag hysteria has died down. I'm sure you are a decent pilot who can teach me some stuff, and maybe I can teach you some stuff too.
No that is a truly incredible lack of reading you display there, I went through your points and explained why they are complete rubbish and arguments from sheer ignorance on the subject, now you are shifting the goalposts.
Also lmao I would like nothing more, please do show me.
You aren't saying the current meta isn't good, you are making a horrible attempt at saying that this change is counterable and not a large one. Also don't you tell me I am defending a meta because I don't want it to change, you have never even taken part in one meta let alone many, I have 9 fully engineered pvp ships whicu I fly, and multiple builds for each, I don't want to hear someone who has never actually pvp'd tell me that I don't want the meta to change that's why I don't want entirely negative progress. This will make pvp less diverse, it will not change the meta ships or their defensive loadouts, this will make pvp worse, stop talking about it you just keep saying things that are not reflective of what pvp is actually like, like you have only watched the AA promotional video and you are good to go.

Still would wish frontier to list some of the long term* bugs that have been current in the game for around 2years now.

No Fix still for (Other) found while scanning planets.
No Fix still for (Krait engines trails funny bend to them) not reversed.??
No Fix for update launcher still messing up as frontier do not have better servers to deal with influx of players, unlike every other developer out there?

Just a couple at least...!

Top Bottom