Patch Notes Update April Update - Patch Notes

I read the notes multiple times but cannot find the additional slots (2 for small, 1 for medium/large). What happened to that great change described in the announcement?

I wonder if they're removing the current effect of drag munitions to make the change to stop boosting instead of stacking it on top. They don't really say either way, and Frontier are pretty infamous for failing to fully explain themselves.

I'm sorry what? Drag munitions are already very powerful and annoying do deal with... you want to make it so that we can't boost at all now?
You do realize that drag munitions can be applied to seeker missiles right? A weapon that can be spammed over and over again at a target and that - if in packhound form - can barely be evaded if at all. You're basically making it impossible to survive in PvP if you don't have drag munitions now, and you're making fast ships obsolete in PvP (notably the Mamba and Krait Phantom you happily introduced recently; their entire strength is their speed).

It seems like another change which has been haphazardly implemented without consideration for balancing. Please, please don't go through with this - drag munitions are plenty powerful enough as it is.

I think its a good thing. Too much speed/reverski with dank shields to boot.

Im happy for the drag changes.

We got ECM, point defense and screening shell if they reverse. There are counters to this already.

This is like when Sandro told people about friendly fire and getting fines. If people keep doing it use smart rounds. We have the tools to counter this.

Also just leave the fight, if people stay and die to get kited. Thats their own fault. Cause those builds dont do much dmg in a short period of time. You stay you die.

Hell, I hope they do even more changes like this and change the META completely. Kill the FDL for a while.

Last edited:
I wonder if they're removing the current effect of drag munitions to make the change to stop boosting instead of stacking it on top. They don't really say either way, and Frontier are pretty infamous for failing to fully explain themselves.
I rather have 0 pip than not being able to boost tbh.
Either way, that little buff will make elite PvP a point and click adventures, as you just need one hit to further spam and win against a ship that can't move anymore. Drag will be as strong as ion-mine but without any cooldown or any way to avoid it lol. Howtobreakyourgame.exe

I'm sorry what? Drag munitions are already very powerful and annoying do deal with... you want to make it so that we can't boost at all now?
You do realize that drag munitions can be applied to seeker missiles right? A weapon that can be spammed over and over again at a target and that - if in packhound form - can barely be evaded if at all. You're basically making it impossible to survive in PvP if you don't have drag munitions now, and you're making fast ships obsolete in PvP (notably the Mamba and Krait Phantom you happily introduced recently; their entire strength is their speed).

It seems like another change which has been haphazardly implemented without consideration for balancing. Please, please don't go through with this - drag munitions are plenty powerful enough as it is.
As a noob even I understand how bad this drag munition change is. If this is an attempt to counter reverski etc , then it's a really lame fix. Just limit speed ships go in reverse. You do not need to kill FA off and pvp in general. L'Intouchable I agree with all that you said.

I rather have 0 pip than not being able to boost tbh.
Either way, that little buff will make elite PvP a point and click adventures, as you just need one hit to further spam and win against a ship that can't move anymore. Drag will be as strong as ion-mine but without any cooldown or any way to avoid it lol. Howtobreakyourgame.exe
Oh yeah, I'm not saying that would make it a-okay, just sort of wondering out loud.

Either way, I know FDev made some noise a while ago about not being happy with players being able to basically perma-boost with engineered ships. Hopefully this was not their best idea for a solution.

I hope we get the full bug fix list tomorrow.
The Dolphin overheating bug hasn't been mentioned, again.
Has the Mamba landing gear been fixed allready?

So far the update looks good though, lots of qol improvements and new options for beginners.

Disclaimer, I don't think the drag change is good, because I don't think overpowered special engineering effects are good at all. Look at other MMOs, side bonus effects are never game changers. FD just introduced another 'game changing' special effect, to go with corrosive and scramble.

Having said that, you FDL people have to understand that you've had the advantage for too long. If an FDL and a challenger both have a drag frag now, the challenger will be able to keep up with the FDL (at least in terms of maneuvers). This is arguably a good change. However, this is a super weird, and I'm not sure appropriate way, to nerf the FDL and mamba.

Disclaimer, I don't think the drag change is good, because I don't think overpowered special engineering effects are good at all. Look at other MMOs, side bonus effects are never game changers. FD just introduced another 'game changing' special effect, to go with corrosive and scramble.

Having said that, you FDL people have to understand that you've had the advantage for too long. If an FDL and a challenger both have a drag frag now, the challenger will be able to keep up with the FDL (at least in terms of maneuvers). This is arguably a good change. However, this is a super weird, and I'm not sure appropriate way, to nerf the FDL and mamba.
If the FDL is too powerful in comparison to the Challenger or other ships then the solution is to either nerf the FDL or buff the Challenger, not add a mechanic that makes it impossible to escape ganks.

I agree entirely with this - the proposed buff to drag munitions means a pilot in a wing fight under focus would simply not be able to evade a single shot. Every time it is applied, that is 5 seconds that a pilot cannot boost to evade incoming fire, 5 seconds the enemy team has to melt through their shields and hull. And when drag is over? It would simply be applied right back, via packhounds or frags. Not only does this take part of the skill out of wing fights - it removes all the fun.
I agree as well...all this also does is make more players want to leave Open and play in private. This is not good for the game at all.

i fully second this.

also the lawful way of pvp think this is a terrible mistake.
there are many many reasons why this would be a terrible fail. in view of the lawful pvpers and also for the victims of griefing and ganking...
please reconsider this and dont bring it in the live update.

If the FDL is too powerful in comparison to the Challenger or other ships then the solution is to either nerf the FDL or buff the Challenger, not add a mechanic that makes it impossible to escape ganks.
are you speaking to me, or generally? Cos it's weird, you quoted my post and then said the exact same thing I said but with different words...

Good stuff with the bugs fixes, I do have few questions.
Will the issue tracker be updated with fixed for bugs that have been fixed?
Will the issue tracker be updated with acknowledged and by design for remaining bugs?

The issue tracker will end up being one big mess if it's just players that interact with the issue tracker as more bugs accumulate.

Top Bottom