Patch Notes Update April Update - Patch Notes

After a restart my missions are now back as well...
Its still too bad that you couldn't maybe put a blurb of text on the startup screen warning about that, and if missions are gone, exit and restart....
Even so, we all did just that, we all exited so you could do the patch....so...there is something you had not done yet, or something was missing...then its fixed and we aren't told...good communications.
For me, its still bad as the tick has already occurred... :-(

Last edited:
So far not looking to good.... Update has completed, game will NOT launch. goes to a black screen and I have to kill the process to get the system back.!

UPDATE: After a reboot the game will launch again.
After a relog my missions are back again.
After a restart my missions are now back as well...
Its still too bad that you couldn't maybe put a blurb of text on the startup screen warning about that, and if missions are gone, exit and restart....
Even so, we all did just that, we all exited so you could do the patch....so...there is something you had not done yet, or something was missing...then its fixed and we aren't told...good communications.
For me, its still bad as the tick has already occurred... :-(

Maybe it’s because I’ve been an avid gamer for about 35 years, but I always do at least a couple of restarts/relogs if something is odd/wrong before I complain. It’s a good habit - one that has proven to be worth it countless times over the years (y) .

Maybe it’s because I’ve been an avid gamer for about 35 years, but I always do at least a couple of restarts/relogs if something is odd/wrong before I complain. It’s a good habit - one that has proven to be worth it countless times over the years (y) .

No, you were not doing that. Mandatory online games weren't a thing 35 years ago. They updated, screwed the active missions and likely restored a backup of the transactions because people complained. We can tolerate that but you wont serve bullcrap like "turn it off and on again" as an excuse.

No, you were not doing that. Mandatory online games weren't a thing 35 years ago. They updated, screwed the active missions and likely restored a backup of the transactions because people complained. We can tolerate that but you wont serve bullcrap like "turn it off and on again" as an excuse.

Long before I was able to access the internet games would load wrongly sometimes, even now I consider it a good idea to ensure that nothing at my end has gone wrong before blaming others. Turn it off turn it on isn't an excuse it is a way of eliminating one possible error source.

And when did online games become mandatory? I really must read up on the latest laws of the land.

Long before I was able to access the internet games would load wrongly sometimes, even now I consider it a good idea to ensure that nothing at my end has gone wrong before blaming others. Turn it off turn it on isn't an excuse it is a way of eliminating one possible error source.

And when did online games become mandatory? I really must read up on the latest laws of the land.

Have you tried to run ED offline?

hello-world.png

I spent several weeks trying to establish a pattern for the “already scanned” planet bug. In the end, nothing seemed to form a reliable set of circumstances, every time I thought I could see a pattern, it got broken a few scans later. Eg. I thought for a while it was connected to scanning two HMCs in a row, and this held up for a few systems, then it didn’t.. Then it seemed to be connected to scanning Water Worlds as the first scan in the system, then I thought it might be scanning an object in an “A” spectra system, etc etc etc... :(

In the end, I gave up and viewed each occurrence as being an opportunity to practice my memory skills for where probes landed ;)

The pattern for me at the moment is that mapping planets requiring 2 probes (or low mass 4-probe planets) 'sets' the bug - after that any subsequent planet in the system will be marked as 'Mapped' (and you can check this in the left hand nav panel). However, if you then go on to scan a high-mass six, or a seven probe planet, it re-sets the bug. Jumping to the next system also re-sets the bug for the new system, but if you go back it's still the same. Logging out altogether or to Main Menu does not reset the bug.
Also, if you scan a low mass planet with a moon in close proximity (or vice versa) the image of the probe landing on the target planet is replicated on the companion planet. Amusing as it may be, it's still a bug, and gives us a clue as to how it affects other planets in the system. In other words, it would appear that under certain circumstances the game to set the status of all the planets in the system to 'Mapped' for graphical display purposes, but in the commanders personal inventory the planet is still 'UnMapped'.

Btw I can't find the reference to this in the issues tracker - if anyone can point me to the right thread, it be grateful - thanks ! For now, I'm developing my memory skills as well

:rolleyes:

It seens that every fix to resolve a bug creates a new one, even doe the FSS one that ppl are now having (me included) seens to come from a change in the way FSS works that i didnt see no one asking to be made, so they should had left it alone as it was (wich was far better) and instead putt their attention on resolving standing issues like the "mapped" planets that show as such but arent...

What I've seen is that, on the nav panel, if you select a planetary body for more info immediately after an FSS scan the 'Mapped' tag shows the same value as the 'Landable' tag.
For example, if a body shows landable=yes then mapped=yes also, even when you know it is unmapped. The reverse is also true and if I do map that body then mapped stays at 'no' and does not change to 'yes'.
Definitely a lack of attention to detail going on here.

I still haven't downloaded the update. Now at over 6 GB, I decided to use that precious bandwidth to play Overwatch instead. Too many things remain broken to make updating worth it to me.

So far not looking to good.... Update has completed, game will NOT launch. goes to a black screen and I have to kill the process to get the system back.!

UPDATE: After a reboot the game will launch again.
I have the same issue - game will not launch and all I get is a black screen that completely freezes my PC.

PS4 so. i notice an update (bug fix) to the big one. Just FYI, my auto (un)docker just flew me into a wall below the mail slot and left me there. NOT COOL! The galaxy map and picking locations fine, calculating it, the right amount of jumps is funny, location after choosing destination gets funny, jumping to a star not in the route.

Come on guys, fix more than you break, please.

Oh, leaving the starport, is it necessary that the ship fly around and touch every other landing pad in the place? Just lift off 50 meters and fly out of the Martha Baker mail slot. The Cutter doesn't do alot of that crap and why it flew me into a wall.

Top Bottom