Powerplay Faction: Archon Delaine ARCHON DELAINE POWER PLAY DISCUSSION

Has anyone else found they've had doubled bounties in Patreus territory tonight? Is was just in Paesi and was getting 12k a kill instead of the usual 6k?

Secondly I need some advice and/or encouragement. As much as I want to help out Delaine I'm finding maintaining rank 5 a bit of a drag which is stopping me enjoying the game as much. I'm perfectly happy fast tracking all my merits but even then I'm wishing that I had a 1000t (or even 5000t) cargo hold to make it quicker, 11 trips in the conda still take a couple of hours of enjoyable game time up. Any advice? :/
Everything is in my signature :)
Tough I believe you may know all of these already...

From my side, by a combination of collecting allotments during the week (while doing something else like CQC, movie, etc...) as well as undermining / expanding, I have actually never had to fast-track in order to maintain rank 5 (tough I do fast-track for helping even further)

Now you may have limited play time, but could still score -let's say- 3000 merits and at the end of the cycle, fast-track 2000. Done in 5 round trips in a Tradaconda (19Ly range laden, 32Ly empty) does not take long...

You still end up with 30 millions in your pocket.

EDIT: I typed this comment on my phone and...no signature :0) See my comment above which has a signature.

Last edited:
Has anyone else found they've had doubled bounties in Patreus territory tonight? Is was just in Paesi and was getting 12k a kill instead of the usual 6k?

Secondly I need some advice and/or encouragement. As much as I want to help out Delaine I'm finding maintaining rank 5 a bit of a drag which is stopping me enjoying the game as much. I'm perfectly happy fast tracking all my merits but even then I'm wishing that I had a 1000t (or even 5000t) cargo hold to make it quicker, 11 trips in the conda still take a couple of hours of enjoyable game time up. Any advice? :/

Undermining, preferably in a wing.

Wait for enemy wings of 2 or 3, or 5 if you are lucky.
If no wings spawn in a few mins, interdict anything to reset the instance.

For the bounties, I was getting a strange number, 7.6k instead of 6k

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice guys, Splitting it out to one run a day I reckon won't be that bad and a bit of undermining here and there to bring it up. :) [Also surprisingly I hadn't checked your guide Geoff]

Undermining's been a bit boring and lonely recently as the usual suspects I undermine with seem to have dissappeared and when I'm on my own I only seem to get awful spawns. That said (boring) had a fright tonight when I was checking the forum while jumping back into SC from undermining, heard the interdiction sound... it's a cmdr oh C* C* C*, luckily not a wing and dealt with *phew*.

Last edited:
7zyZ4dY.jpg

We didnt hit Turmoil, wasn't even close :(

Was a good effort by our players who defected did to fight the bad expansion, you all know who you are :)

Patreus was dropped down to 32% from 39%, but we dropped from 38% to 30%, so not quite above him.

Aisling lost one system.

Hudson won AF L

And I called Winters moving above Sirius :)

We have enough CC to prep 2 systems.
At this stage we have:
Brynhilo, 55cc, Large station
VVo 19, 52cc, Large Station

We have Patreus is Turmoil, here are some undermining targets of his:
Paesi
Turbacobo
Smei Tsu

Sirius is trying to expand near us into Dhak, a system we failed to expand in cycle 22.
If you want to do some undermining with Piracy, hit Dhak.

Just joined this faction today. Started in the resistance zones in Yuror.
Came across the past by luck but will keep checking in on it.

HR 8737 is getting Prepared again.
We fought hard to push it off our list last week, with enough cc for 2 preparations this week, it will take twice as many merits to kick it down to third.

hy5oggF.png

You can clearly see its worth -11cc. There is no way we want this system. The reason its so bad is because the CC you get is from all the star systems in a 15 Light Year Radius bubble around the system.
There are no other systems next to this one, if we take control of it, it has no exploited systems to actually earn CC from, thus the -11cc.

Here is the system from in game, you see there are no other stars within its control "bubble".

nqGYjEK.png

And here is a much better option for preparation
u7MyyLl.png

You can see it has many stars within its control bubble, so it has a higher profit.

Last edited:
Some advices from my side:
- Unlike regular undermining, piracy undermining is not ideal if you fly in a wing, since you will have to share the canisters.
- Since you must focus on transport ships only, and the max amount of canisters (which you must of course collect) dropped by a T9 is 20 (=100 merits), you end up with way less merits than you would with regular undermining (where quickly blasting a wing of 3 Eagles counts and gives 90 merits)

For this reason, and since Dhak is a system being expanded, not a controlled system, you'd better head to the expansion pockets (in a wing or flying a heavy ship, or both).

If you go there alone, join a cluster of security vessels (BTW, don't forget to join the right side!), observe, target the ship under heavy fire, rinse & repeat and you may soon feel like flying in a (giant) wing.

Their expansion ethos is different from ours. Do they even have expansion pockets?

Top Bottom