Are the developers UNWILLING or UNABLE to fix or punish Combat Logging?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
At this point, being a combat pilot, Combat Logging is the most rampant problem in the game. In some cases I've had 8/10 players ungracefully exit and suddenly appear with full hull and ammo. Now my question, are the Frontier developers unwilling to fix this problem incase they lose players? Or are they just unable to fix it and don't want to admit it? Because we all know they NEVER punish people who force close the game mid-combat

DBcUtoo.jpg

:D

Basically the application can crash. And this is not player's fault to be punished for.
Anyway what punishment do you suggest?
I can be wrong but I purchased the game to play it the way I want and not to be punished by it.

I think there's a number of things but it probably boils down to manpower. I suspect that investigating a combat logger (that is, someone that repeatedly logs out of combat situations) is a process that can't be automated, so an actual human has to sit down and look at it. That's expensive.

That being said, if they say they're going to punish combat loggers then they need to do so. Shadow ban them to Solo for a week once it's been determined that they are combat loggers rather than just someone with an iffy connection. Hopefully they're working on tools that can automate the checking process to a greater extent. I'd say "it can't be that hard" but I have no idea what their databases are like (beyond the fact that they have a lot of them!)

Because we all know they NEVER punish people who force close the game mid-combat

LOL.

What about the mail from support concerning Combat Logging that have been published on Redddit?

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Note to self: use this quote more often.

At this point, being a combat pilot, Combat Logging is the most rampant problem in the game. In some cases I've had 8/10 players ungracefully exit and suddenly appear with full hull and ammo. Now my question, are the Frontier developers unwilling to fix this problem incase they lose players? Or are they just unable to fix it and don't want to admit it? Because we all know they NEVER punish people who force close the game mid-combat

Unable to fix with current game architecture and unwilling to radically re-do architecture from scratch ($$$) to make it possible.

Unable. Can't punish people for losing connection.

There ya go.

CLing might be "bad" but things are going to get a whole lot worse if Fdev try to "fix" it because then it'll give scumbags a reason to deliberately interfere with the P2P networking the game uses.

I'd rather naughty people get away with stuff instead of having innocent people getting punished wrongly.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom