Hardware & Technical Are you ready for SUPER graphics cards .....

Hmm, I'm apparently lacking some power.

That's a pretty good result for a 4C/8T CPU!

Chosen the new CPU yet?
I think I'm gonna go with 3600X. But it may depend on what's in stock first and so on.
I'm getting 5700XT, no doubt about that, but I also wanted to upgrade the MB. I now have one of the better B450 MBs, which, in theory would suffice, so instead of X570 plus 3600X I may actually buy 3700X or even 3900X and wait for B550s to appear and upgrade later.
The thing is I kinda set myself a 800 quid ceiling and don't want to exceed it TOO much. :LOL:

Last edited:

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Maybe wait until the 3800X reviews land - I've seen 3600X (Gamer's Nexus); 3700X and 3900X (Hardware Unboxed) but no 3800X.

Maybe wait until the 3800X reviews land - I've seen 3600X (Gamer's Nexus); 3700X and 3900X (Hardware Unboxed) but no 3800X.
Honestly, I haven't heard of 3800X at all and kinda thought they may come out later.

Also I think that that result is all my awesome Vega's work. I've got a Vega56 with a flashed 64 BIOS (It now has 60CUs, lol) running over 1700Mhz on water.
I'm gonna miss this little beast. :) The 1500X clips its wing pretty hard, I'm afraid.

Still only have one set of body organs so I can't afford their current ones.
Still using a 960gtx, which is serving me well, actually.
I would still have ran the GTX960 as well, probably, if not for bloody Elite and the urgent need to play in VR. :LOL:

shakes fist at Elite

I would still have ran the GTX960 as well, probably, if not for bloody Elite and the urgent need to play in VR. :LOL:

shakes fist at Elite

This is why I upgraded too.
But now my Rift is collecting dust as well as haven't logged into Elite since February.

Still no regrets, the better GPU is in good use for other pancake games. :)

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
I'd be interested to see some results to find out how close to golden the dies used for the 3800X are compared to the 3700X.

This is why I upgraded too.
But now my Rift is collecting dust as well as haven't logged into Elite since February.

Still no regrets, the better GPU is in good use for other pancake games. :)
Well, I'm still playing. :)
It's my WoWs account that's gathering dust with the one year premium time I've won in winter slowly ticking away. :(
I have to force myself to play more often...

It's out now, it's just that no one is really interested in it as the 3700X is effectively the same part for less money.

Since it is about hardware: after I asked for help I could refine my OC on my rig as follows:
  • 7700k at 4.8Ghz, 1.25V, max gaming load in AC Origins (close to 100%) @ 80-85C (re-pasted the CPU and temps dropped about 10C)
  • 1080ti MSI Armor 2000Mhz, undervolted to slightly above 1V, so temps max out at 60C under heavy gaming load (AC Origins, ultra 1440p@75hz)
  • memory at 3000Mhz and still supplied by the same 600W PSU

The whole setup is rock solid, really happy how the rig performs!

Well, I'm still playing. :)
It's my WoWs account that's gathering dust with the one year premium time I've won in winter slowly ticking away. :(
I have to force myself to play more often...

I wish I had the incentive to come back...
I'm also playing slightly less WOWs, as I'm spending a lot of time with Origins (also bought Odyssey), I am slowly trying to learn Hearts of Iron IV, Mutant Year Zero is not finished and I have bought a few other VR games to make me use the Rift... loads of great backlog, so there is little incentive to play Elite, especially as there is no new content.

.... I doubt the pricing situation will improve at all.

I am in the process of building a new game PC. I intend to spend a lot of money on it, most likely more than I ever did.
I am considering the so called 'RTX 2060 Super". Seems like a very good card to me.
My hardware dealer does not have them yet. So I will wait for a bit.

I have had an AMD PC once. Not a very good experience for me. All my PC's have been Intell/Nvidia since.

Top Bottom