Arf's Holiday Message

That begs the question then - why isn't the community doing that kind of publicity and celebration? It sounds like there's a gap in the market for a kind of Sagittarius Eye investigatory group to collate and publicise the community's doings. It's not up to the game developer to do so. Players should show initiative.
For one thing, the divide between Odyssey and non-Odyssey players complicates the reporting, tracking and celebration of certain player community accomplishments. For example, without the ability to visit their Odyssey assets, console squadrons aren’t able to themselves update their PMFs’ true asset counts, which on the in game, FDev-derived sources are more accurate and up to date.
The aspects of gameplay that are most directly and easily publicized now are those conducted by individual pilots favoring newer aspects of gameplay as seen in the “Stellar Screenshots.” Player created events and infrastructure might receive the occasional shout out from some content creators or companion sites. However, this is a far cry from the collaborative projects seen in the past such as player faction created community goals or the Colonia Expansion Initiative. These projects as well as FDev’s prior degree of investment in powerplay and BGS community related events fostered greater player participation and enjoyment than all this divisive nonsense and fervor over “space legs” ever will. People had reason, motivation and purpose to join squadrons, build unique communities and do something to collectively impact the galaxy at large. These accomplishments not only were manifested in game, but were often featured in Glanet and future community events.

"Giving no answer is worse than giving an answer that people don't want to hear"

- Arf, June 2021
But even today (once more) an answer was given:
Do you have any information on Odyssey on consoles?
There currently isn't any new information to share in terms of Odyssey on consoles. We hear you, as soon as we do have something worth sharing with you, we will. At the moment, work is focused on PC optimisation.
You may not like it, but is is the very same answer given each time the issue is raised.

But even today (once more) an answer was given:

You may not like it, but is is the very same answer given each time the issue is raised.
To say there is no info is no info.... not after so many months. Would mean, a disastrous project management. Can't believe, that this is the real deal,at FDev.

To say there is no info is no info.... not after so many months. Would mean, a disastrous project management. Can't believe, that this is the real deal,at FDev.
There was the same response as has been given every time the question was raised. Should they be lying to the console players, in your opinion, and pretend that there is work going on behind the scenes, or just be bluntly truthful?

Deleted member 182079

D
I herewith present you exhibit A, "Elite Dangerous: Odyssey"

I shall also present you exhibits B to I, "patches 1 to 8"

Any questions your honor?

Managing a project is very easy when you don't have to do it yourself. :) For context, FD started development in the PS3-era, and it got greenlighted with a budget of only a few million quid. It went on to be launched on four different platforms, got Steam Best Seller awards for, what, five years in a row, paved the way for a billion+ dollar valued corp with multiple high-ranking IP and is still alive in the PS5 era having sold almost five million copies in what was supposedly a 'death niche genre'.

I think they'll manage to learn to live with this 'disastrous management'.

There was the same response as has been given every time the question was raised. Should they be lying to the console players, in your opinion, and pretend that there is work going on behind the scenes, or just be bluntly truthful?
As he said, he simply cannot bring himself to admit this is the truth. Its the fundamental issue with uncomfortable truth and pleasant lies; it is very, very easy to convince yourself the Nice Story is the truth. They want FD to both tell them the truth and what they want to hear. They want the truth to be nicer.

Which is not a strange desire, but still flawed.

Than I would guess the console team has relaxed times twisting thumps now, right? Not? They are doing 'stuff'? Than point it out and use it to calm the console community. Simple as that.
They are probably working on other projects, Frontier have several titles in production, when EDO is fit to port over they would be set the task.

Have you considered SC?

I ask not to get rid of you but given how bad you think Frontier is or how much hurt they've caused you it's amazing you still want to give them 40 quid. That kind of dedication is commonly seen in SC belivers.

One thing though it's not on console however I'm sure with another 100 million Croberts could add ps4 support into his ever-extending list of stretch goals.

They are probably working on other projects, Frontier have several titles in production, when EDO is fit to port over they would be set the task.

I was just thinking that there is a few here who love to post Frontiers financials/stock results one thing they always conveniently leave out is that Frontier stock took a dive both after the terrible launch of Ody and also when they had to delay a game launch.

"no information" doesn't fit into my definition of an "answer" - others may be more easily pleased ... or , not really care about the answer or the question but find the whole thing an annoying distraction.
Of course it doesn't fit your definition of an answer, despite containing the essential facts - why should it?

"Giving no answer is worse than giving an answer that people don't want to hear"

- Arf, June 2021
This is correct when there is an actual answer and the decision is whether to reveal it or not.

The problem here, as has been explained more times than I can care to remember, is that at this time there is simply no answer about which a 'reveal decision' can be made one way or the other.

I genuinely can't understand why this fact is so hard to grasp.

SC is is huge Scam. Sorry to say so.
In contrast ED is a real game, without getting your stuff wiped every now and then and without eating the money you saved for your retirement.
Christ, something we all agree on. It had to happen eventually :D

Back
Top Bottom