Completed Arti's items

I'm just gonna put it all here, will save us all a web of threads.

Currently, i'm not able to upload new items due to a gamebreaking bug that's occuring since this morning.
So bear with me, if i'm a bit slow on the creation side. I will usually be slow though, because i invest a lot of effort into each individual model and
don't go for the easy way. But therefore my items are usually as performance friendly as they can be. Proper LOD layouts, textures at lowest possible threshold
and at the same time as much detail as there can be.

I want to showcase three of my items here, for more assets, feel free to visit my Workshop!

Number one, something i've been working on for four days and nights straight, just to get the effect right.

Stylized Ice Rock 1

Planet Coaster 11.12.2018 21_23_19edit.png

Planet Coaster 06.12.2018 13_32_35edit.png

Notice the Ice letting light "pass through". It is actually the first and only PlanCo item (Vanilla, DLC and Custom altogether)
that utilizes this effect. It pretty much reacts like a real ice glacier would in the same lighting situations.
Looks easy, but it took great effort to get it right. This is the "low quality" version, it ONLY uses 256px, respectively 512px maps for
its slots. At 1024 this would look even more crisp, but i tried to keep a balance towards performance, as this object would be used in environmental peripherals and therefore it's important to keep both the normalmapping as small as possible and to have a mesh that isn't riddled with Triangles.

The initial idea comes from the Sea World Florida attraction Antarctica (Antarctic Experience) where this kind of glacier ice is also being simulated.
First i wanted to go for a plastic appearance, but i noticed i could tweak the maps to give an impression of real ice material.
So instead i shifted towards the look that you see in the pictures an on the item. I think it worked out ok and i'm currently working on the variations to
complete this set. However, each "rock" will take roughly two to three working days, it's for the most part painted in Photoshop.

Item No. 2 will get showcased in the next post!

cheers,
ArtificialArtist

Looks CooOoOooL!

So bear with me, if i'm a bit slow on the creation side. I will usually be slow though, because i invest a lot of effort into each individual model and don't go for the easy way. But therefore my items are usually as performance friendly as they can be. Proper LOD layouts, textures at lowest possible threshold
and at the same time as much detail as there can be.
[up][up][up]

I wouldn't want anyone to feel rushed anyway :)

Top Bottom