Notice ARX and Frontier Points Conversion

"Won't allow modding"

Well yeah. That's generally avoided in online games that feature PvP.

To be frank we're lucky FD doesn't go around banning people for editing HUD colours.

Yet people found away to cheat. Instead of FIXING all the rampant cheating, we have ARX

Deleted member 110222

D
you forget that you have no financial protection. Those currency can disappear or be devalued at any time. Of course what happens when the game shuts down. Banking game currency is risky. Plus you are still spending more than you need and the extra sticks around.
I mean we lost financial protection when we paid for our game key.

You don't get a refund when they switch the server off, and you may very well never get to play again.

Overall, FD's pricing structure for the ARX packs seems quite fair and reasonable.

Please watch the video I posted because you are missing the point. Bundles are designed to look like you are getting a deal but in reality you are really overpaying because you don't use all the currency.

Another point is that you are only looking at the item in store NOW. That's not where Fdev makes their money. It's the limitied time items. As I tried to explain. ARX being released in September is not an accident. it's timed to coincide with Halloween and Christmas sales. At this point, most people will only get maybe one item. Two years ago, I spent maybe more than $100 on unique skins. With the new system, I probably have to pay 25% more at least because of the bundles.

[QUOTE = "Max Factor, publicación: 7999927, miembro: 48820"]
No me di cuenta de que comprar Arx es tan adictivo. Las cosas ridículas que la gente dirá.
[/ CITAR]
i need meet that dealer

Please watch the video I posted because you are missing the point. Bundles are designed to look like you are getting a deal but in reality you are really overpaying because you don't use all the currency.

Another point is that you are only looking at the item in store NOW. That's not where Fdev makes their money. It's the limitied time items. As I tried to explain. ARX being released in September is not an accident. it's timed to coincide with Halloween and Christmas sales. At this point, most people will only get maybe one item. Two years ago, I spent maybe more than $100 on unique skins. With the new system, I probably have to pay 25% more at least because of the bundles.
No you don't as you can supplement it by earning in game. You are talking utter turd. 25% is a ridiculous lie that anyone with an ounce of intelligence can see through.

I believe you are missing the point... you are only likely to be worse off on balance if you only ever buy the lowest tier of ARX packs (the 5000 ARX pack for nearly 3 GBP) and never use the FREE ARX you can earn (upto 400 ARX per week). If you want a COVAS for example, then you can buy the next to lowest tier of ARX (8820 ARX for nearly 5 GBP) and should be able to top that up to the required 8850 ARX with relative ease (using the FREE ARX earned by playing the game).

This is looking at it from a PC gamer perspective but given the free ARX earning potential (and the maximum bulk ARX discount of effectively 12%) only those that have already bought most of the cosmetics using the cash store are likely to be truely losing out.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

Firstly, thank you for all of the feedback you have shared so far!

We’ve been looking through your comments and wanted to provide some clarity on some topics of discussion:

ARX PACKS

It seems there has been some confusion regarding the number of ARX in a pack, specifically if that bonus is included in or added to the displayed amount.

The bonus is always added on top of the base ARX in a pack. We've added the Total ARX included in each pack for you here:
  • 5000 ARX Pack
  • 8,400 ARX Pack (+420 bonus) = 8,820 total ARX
  • 16,800 ARX Pack (+900 bonus) = 17,700 total ARX
  • 25,500 ARX Pack (+1,300 bonus) = 26,800 total ARX
  • 51,000 ARX Pack (+3,000 bonus) = 54,000 total ARX
  • 85,000 ARX Pack (+15,000 bonus) = 100,000 total ARX
GAME EXTRA PRICES

Some of you have understandably requested some context in the form of prices of Game Extras in ARX, so that you can get an idea of your spending power, and how much your weekly free ARX will net you. We’ve provided a list of item types below and the range of prices they will cost in ARX. There are too many products to give you an exhaustive list of prices here, but to give you some idea, here are some examples of products and price ranges:

You can expect these prices for the following item types:
  • Decals - 50 to 150 ARX
  • Individual Fighter and SRV Paint Jobs - 460 to 3280 ARX
  • Individual Ship Paint Jobs - 620 to 5,520 ARX
  • Individual Bobbleheads – 2,450 to 6,450 ARX
  • COVAS – 8,850 ARX
  • Ship Kits (sold in Bundles) – 11,750 to 13,520 ARX
As mentioned by Executive Producer Adam Woods on the livestream, some Game Extras will only be available in bundles, such as Ship Kits and Holo-Me Customisation items.

EARNING ARX WHILE PLAYING

A key pillar of ARX is the ability to earn Game Extras over time through gameplay, which has previously not been possible. When earning free ARX, every Commander will be able to quickly spend them on a variety of items or save them for later purchases.
  • We don’t want to alter the way you play Elite Dangerous; we’ve looked at common in-game actions across all the main careers or activities (such as Exploration, Trade and Combat) and ensured that those actions provide a number of ARX.
  • By simply engaging with those activities, as you would normally (such as exploring a new system, hauling cargo or destroying other ships), you will receive a number of ARX.
  • Being in-game but inactive will not reward you with ARX. It isn’t based on time spent in-game, but on the actions you take.
FRONTIER STORE DOWNTIME
  • To clarify on the Frontier Store Downtime, cosmetic items and Game Extras will not be available for purchase from 16 September at 07:00 (UTC) and will go live again once the September Update has been deployed.
Please let us know if you have any questions and we’ll do our best to answer where we can!
Something simple made stupid.

So if I understand this correctly some store items are a smidgen more expensive and some a tad less, we're talking nickels and dimes here right?
Ugh, I don't want to see the day Fdev decides to put a 10% price increase on all store items, the forum will explode!!

Oh and you get some nickels and dimes for free by just playing the game.

To be honest, I couldn't care less, when I realy like a paintjob or shipkit I'll just buy it, I did so before and never had to skip a meal or a pint of beer.
So much fuzz about a couple Euros which no one forces you to spend, if you don't like it just leave it then.
Based on my own spreadsheet analysis, and the values provided by Will, store items are a smidgen less expensive to hugely less expensive, depending upon what you buy, and which ARX package you buy. I find it mildly disturbing that some players are going "buy your stuff now, while you can," when if I wait a week, I can buy all the stuff I felt was too expensive to buy from the store currently, for 30%-85% off.

When we talk about Arx we can earn, then I'm ok with the prices of paintjobs and decals and I agree that Covas should be something what is not easy to get. But ship kit takes like 30 weeks is just ridiculous. I know reason it is so expensive is because kits are in bundles, but I be honest they should be split like paintjobs. So players should be able to earn ARX and buy this or that "spoiler" when they play lets say week or so. This way people could customize their ship as they play the game. Yes sure they could just spend RL money and get it, but I just want everything to be balanced with both paintjobs and kits.

I posted the actual figures above. Assuming you are happy to grind for up to ten hours, then there are only two purchases that leave you with more than £2 worth of Arx in the bank: cheap SRV paint and cheap ship paint, neither of which you can buy now with real money.

Now you can buy sets of six basic ship, SRV or fighter paints for £3.

With Arx, you will be able to buy eleven basic SRV/fighter paints of your choice for £2.99, leaving £0.24 in the bank (400 Arx), or eight basic ships paints of your choice for £2.99 and have £0.02 (40 Arx) left. Either way, it's cheaper to buy them with Arx even ignoring what's left in the bank.

If you buy a ship kit, you will pay the same for a cheap one (11750 Arx) as for an expensive one (13520 Arx). In both case you pay £7.98 (a bundle of 5000 and a bundle of 8820) but the cheap one leaves 2070 Arx (about £1.17) in the bank and the expensive one leaves 300 Arx (about £0.17). The current price in the store is £7 and £8, so you are saving £0.19. Even ignoring what's left in the bank, the expensive one is cheaper than it is now.

If you decide to buy a £9.99 bundle of Arx, then the ship kits cost £6.63 and £7.63 -- a saving of £0.37 over the current prices -- but that does leave Arx in the bank.

COVAS in the store is £5, and you can get it by paying £4.99 and playing for less than two hours, a saving of £0.01. It's unfortunately costed at £5.01 when bought with the £4.99 bundle, but it's unlikely that this would be a problem in real life, since we will always have at least a few hours-worth of Arx in the bank.

You can get a free decal for every three hours of play.

Last edited:
Based on my own spreadsheet analysis, and the values provided by Will, store items are a smidgen less expensive to hugely less expensive, depending upon what you buy, and which ARX package you buy. I find it mildly disturbing that some players are going "buy your stuff now, while you can," when if I wait a week, I can buy all the stuff I felt was too expensive to buy from the store currently, for 30%-85% off.
There's been a large amount of innumeracy on display today. It seems numbers are difficult.

When we talk about Arx we can earn, then I'm ok with the prices of paintjobs and decals and I agree that Covas should be something what is not easy to get. But ship kit takes like 30 weeks is just ridiculous. I know reason it is so expensive is because kits are in bundles, but I be honest they should be split like paintjobs. So players should be able to earn ARX and buy this or that "spoiler" when they play lets say week or so. This way people could customize their ship as they play the game. Yes sure they could just spend RL money and get it, but I just want everything to be balanced with both paintjobs and kits.

A ship kit taking thirty weeks to earn is rediculous? Why? It's free.
So free stuff is only good stuff when you can get it in what you think is a reasonable timespan?
Fdev didn't have to do this "free arx while you play" at all but they did.
Yes it's a stimulant to make you buy more arx but with a bit of discipline all that is left is a nice gesture.

The ED store is a business feature not a charity hand-out.

In the past the FD store has run sales quite regularly. I have bought quite a few cosmetics during those sales in the past.

So, will there still be cosmetics sales when ARX are introduced ?

And IF there are going to be sales, how will they work ?
Will the item cost less ARX to buy ? eg: a 5000 ARX item will be reduced to 3000 ARX.
Or will the cost of the ARX themselves be reduced ? eg: 85000 ARX can be purchased for £30 instead of £50.

Just asking.
If you still want to know the consoles have the Virtual currency reduced, So will PC users with ARX prices dropping for each item in the sale...

Last edited:
Top Bottom