Notice ARX and Frontier Points Conversion

Speaking of kickstarter, almost £1 million (60%) of that funding came from just 5861 of the backers (23%) - namely those paying £80 or more - i.e. the tier that granted access to 'all future content'. I wonder how many of those are still around?
Thanks,guys.

Speaking of kickstarter, almost £1 million (60%) of that funding came from just 5861 of the backers (23%) - namely those paying £80 or more - i.e. the tier that granted access to 'all future content'. I wonder how many of those are still around?
Backed to the tune of £100 for Beta access.

Will be there events in the future which give additional ARX as rewards on top of the daily? Like Christmas, New Year, etc activities.

And occasional item sales that will bring further down the cosmetic prices?

Thank you

I disagree, Elite is an upfront cost same game for everyone and pay extra for cosmetics if you want them.
Free to play games tend to be Free for the base game and pay extra to advance quicker and cosmetics
Except the game being cited there in the post was Fallout 76.
Which has the exact same business model as Elite does, of an up-front cost to play and a "cosmetic" (at least at first, they made a big deal about that, even as they started adding gameplay affecting stuff which we literally know from the official Prima strategy guide that they'd cut from the base game to sell at a premium) microtransaction store. It just got progressively more egregious over time as Bethesda continued to test the waters of what they could get away with.
This is a trend in the entire industry, One publisher pushes it a bit too far too fast, everyone takes note, stuff gets walked back, and everyone slowly inches back to where that publisher took it with their game, but slowly enough that nobody notices a jarring transition.
And yes, when a game fall down this "Fee-to-Pay" rabbit hole, at some point yes, it absolutely should shift to a Free to Play model. Elite may not be there yet, but it's a very slippery slope.

Last edited:
LEP holder here.

Astronomic Remote eXchange - because transactions will now happen immediately over distances of many, many light years.

Nah, don't know.

What do the initials ARX actually stand for?
Who cares? I will keep saying that Frontier are sitting on my Arx until someone laughs.

More seriously, I don't believe anyone has said it stands for anything. I think it's probably just a cool name (for some definition of the word "cool".)

Less seriously again, this sounds like a good thread topic for while the servers are down.
  1. Arguably Random eXchage-rate
  2. Any Realistic eXcuse?
  3. Awesomely Reasonable eXtras
  4. Alternatively Resourced Xenolith (ie like void opals but bought differently)
There are remarkably few English words starting with X and nearly all of them are completely useless.

Last edited:
UK PSN prices...
EEw_RJfW4AAE_US

Top Bottom