Notice ARX FAQ

[QUOTE = "Agony_Aunt, publicación: 8002399, miembro: 49810"]
También lo siento por los moderadores ingleses, pero hacen todo lo posible :RE
[/CITAR]
:REi´m sorry,my english is really bad

thx vm ! .i´think spend around 20 E or more ,like 35.000 arx,good for paint some ships....evrithing i ´ve spent on the game(even game)does not exceed 50 E,so i will surely
spend a little more once i see the store.Everything is fine for me and happy . :) (srry my english moderators🙏)
Your English is 99.999% better than my Spanish :)
I will probably buy 8820 Arx on Wednesday. That avoids the 10% inefficiency of the 5000 bundle and will probably last me a very long time.

This spreadsheet might help. I've converted it to Euros. It is not as useful as the one that shows all the prices at the same time, but you might find it useful.

This spreadsheet might help. I've converted it to Euros. It is not as useful as the one that shows all the prices at the same time, but you might find it useful.

awesome man!,2 ship kits are coming i think (FDL sure ,those booster covers...GOD😤 ;)

ARX money can we use to buy new ships and carriers and no only credits in to the game? ( after the big patch to December absolutely )

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Nope. Only cosmetics. Paint jobs, ship kits, colours, and the like.
No ships, no goods, no mats, no credits.

currently

One need only to look at Bethesda to see what can happen there. Bethesda swore up and down that only cosmetics would be for sale in their shop.

Even cosmetic only is problematic enough.

and 1 more question my friend.....the carriers how to costs? ( credits - price)

Frontier have not disclosed the price of carriers yet.

currently

One need only to look at Bethesda to see what can happen there. Bethesda swore up and down that only cosmetics would be for sale in their shop.

Even cosmetic only is problematic enough.
One should also realise that there have been microtransactions in the game since the console versions launched. They've always had Frontier Points. And we on PC have had the store for six years now. Those aren't microtransactions, but they sell precisely the same things. So we don't need to trust them; they've got years of track record. As the movie stars always say, if they wanted to kill us they'd have done it already.

I don't believe that cosmetics will be an issue. If I understand correctly, and please say if I'm wrong, that difficulty lies with peer pressure and especially with loot boxes. ED is just not popular with the vulnerable market for peer pressure to be a thing, unless it's graphite or chrome paint and that seems under control. If ED ever gets loot boxes then I'm out of here, I'd expect that I wouldn't be the only one, and that probably includes some of the development team. Unless there are loot boxes, then it would be hard to see how there could be an issue. So all your friends have pulse paint. Go wild; spend £2. Rather that than a new pair of trainers. Even if you buy everything in the shop, it's maybe £200. It's never going to be FIFA levels of evil.

Microtransactions by themselves are not an evil thing and FDev have already shown that they can be trusted.

In case nobody mentioned it, any info on extra arx reward for community goals? I mean it always says "credits + global rewards". For all this time, I've seen global rewards maybe 3 times total. One being some useless, bashed with haste weapon, that I'm sure nobody uses, another was decal iirc? Or... not? And also I heard legends of Corrosive Racks being a reward for community goal (which I must have missed), at it appears people went so dead lazy that we're stuck only with lowest possible class...

So, any info on those "global rewards" being even a thing at some point? Not really after arx, but something extra for participation in community goal (which I even manage to enjoy from time to time, when it's not chained hauling to death at least) would be really noice.

P.S. I remember in one of announcements, FDev promised that CGs would be more varied, but for past months I didn't see anything different from past few years tbh. Is that still in work-in-progress, or they ditched the idea?

In case nobody mentioned it, any info on extra arx reward for community goals? I mean it always says "credits + global rewards". For all this time, I've seen global rewards maybe 3 times total. One being some useless, bashed with haste weapon, that I'm sure nobody uses, another was decal iirc? Or... not? And also I heard legends of Corrosive Racks being a reward for community goal (which I must have missed), at it appears people went so dead lazy that we're stuck only with lowest possible class...

So, any info on those "global rewards" being even a thing at some point? Not really after arx, but something extra for participation in community goal (which I even manage to enjoy from time to time, when it's not chained hauling to death at least) would be really noice.

P.S. I remember in one of announcements, FDev promised that CGs would be more varied, but for past months I didn't see anything different from past few years tbh. Is that still in work-in-progress, or they ditched the idea?
There were decals at some stage, but haven't seen any in ages. You had decals for rescue, bounty hunting and trading I think.

CR Racks were a one off thing to help Palin, but the community only unlocked CR 2. Now you can get CR Class 3 cargo racks at any station, not just at Palin's.

I miss the CGs with Decals for rewards.
Sure the Rescue was just a log fest, and the rest was a bit Meh, but still, you had something to show for, other than some credits, which you can get now in abundance.

The patch notes which were posted HERE today clarify things a little more :

• Players can earn ARX through standard gameplay (up to a 400 weekly cap) based on in-game activities within Combat, Trade and Exploration and more!
  • Players are notified of their previous session earnings on the main menu
So it seems we earn Arx just by playing the game and in effect will earn Arx as we take part in CGs (be they trade, exploration or combat related CGs) but aren't a direct reward for them. Or who knows, maybe the "and more!" could mean we are rewarded Arx for CGs? In any case I'm looking forwards to the update tomorrow and finding out just what rate we earn Arx. I'm hoping it's at least 1 Arx per minute, meaning we could hit the weekly cap in 6 hours 40 minutes. This would make it possible for even the more casual player who logs in for couple of hours every other night to reach the cap too.

The patch notes which were posted HERE today clarify things a little more :

• Players can earn ARX through standard gameplay (up to a 400 weekly cap) based on in-game activities within Combat, Trade and Exploration and more!
  • Players are notified of their previous session earnings on the main menu
So it seems we earn Arx just by playing the game and in effect will earn Arx as we take part in CGs (be they trade, exploration or combat related CGs) but aren't a direct reward for them. Or who knows, maybe the "and more!" could mean we are rewarded Arx for CGs? In any case I'm looking forwards to the update tomorrow and finding out just what rate we earn Arx. I'm hoping it's at least 1 Arx per minute, meaning we could hit the weekly cap in 6 hours 40 minutes. This would make it possible for even the more casual player who logs in for couple of hours every other night to reach the cap too.
My hope is FD will balance it going forward.... it could be CGs dont give arx now but it does not mean they wont in the future.

The announcement seems worded to convey that missions will probably not pay out any ARX and the way to earn a small amount of "weekly" ARX is through sufficient time spent "weekly" playing the game.

The announcement seems worded to convey that missions will probably not pay out any ARX and the way to earn a small amount of "weekly" ARX is through sufficient time spent "weekly" playing the game.
Curious to find out how much game time is required to max out the weekly alotment.

Since we are being introduced to a new form of "currency" for the Frontier Store's Elite Dangerous vanity items, can we celebrate by having a sale!

VainKaleidoscopicAnkole-small.gif

"Charge It!!!"

Top Bottom