Notice ARX FAQ

I think that something along those lines would be about right. Otherwise, what I would have to suggest is that all the currently available Game Extras continue to only be purchasable using 'real' cash, and only new Game Extras released at the time of, and after, ARX release be available to purchase in-game using ARX.

If Frontier can get away with providing everything free that other have paid for, then there is no longer any valid argument left, as far as I can see, to withhold certain other Game Extras that have been ring-fenced for certain other groups of players - Cobra MKIV, Life-Time Backer stuff, etc.

Rest assured, Frontier, I will be lodging a formal complaint about this when ARX is released (unless something changes positively in the meantime regarding this matter).
What's to complain about? They are allowing people to earn the cosmetics via game play instead of paying for it. Lighten up Francis.

Firstly, I'll take it up with Frontier - if and when it becomes necessary (I'll see what happens). Depending upon how they reply, I'll take it from there. Having had issues with Frontier in the past, I am quite sure their Customer Services department is fairly reasonable, and feel positive that - if a complaint is lodged (hopefully it won't be necessary) - they will do something to assist.

But what are you actually going to complain about? I've read your previous comments and can't understand in what way you think you've been diddled.

All they are saying is, going forward, you will be able to earn cosmetics with an in game currency. There is no connection with the past and there is no need to have a connection with the past. Its just a new way of earning cosmetics.

They owe people nothing for what they already did or what they already paid for.

Support are good people, but they aren't in a position to give you any sort of special treatment here.

Rest assured, Frontier, I will be lodging a formal complaint about this when ARX is released (unless something changes positively in the meantime regarding this matter).

Ultimately, it might come down to a complaint lodged with Trading Standards (not that it'd do much good). However, I'd simply vote with my wallet, and feet - no longer purchasing any Frontier products, and certainly no further expansions (likely to cease playing the game completely).

I don't mind buying stuff, and the same stuff goes on sale at a reduced price - standard practice.
sarcasm.gif.fb1974982230c285501a0340573469eb.gif

I don't mind buying stuff, and the same stuff goes on sale at a reduced price - standard practice.

So were you happy with your purchase at the time of buying? I have several paint jobs, bobbleheads, name plates, all bought with real money, from the store, some at sale prices - now I'm looking forward to being able to provide some bling for my alt account(s) just because I'll be playing :)

Same with paint job packs - there is only 1 paint job used from most - and come September I'll be able to buy just the one I want, do I feel miffed...

(or are you being naughty and just winding us all up, if so :ROFLMAO: )

Can you all please stop the thread here until I'm back, I just saw the electronics store has that thing I bought there last year for half off AND people get a trinket with every purchase, so I'm going to complain to head office about unfair treatment.
If all else fails, I'm fully prepared to lurk near the exit all day and shoot everyone who participates in this disgusting business practice disapproving glances.

After a quick think I have now 180'd on Arx, and demand FDev fix the outragously unfair policy of allowing us to earn cosmetics by playing the game, by replacing it with the consumer-friendly practices of lootboxes. After all, kids love gambling. And add in pay2win too, that's what real gamers want. Praise be to RNGesus! 🤑

@SpaceAce - all of the CM4 owners keep telling us it is a load of tat anyway...

But I do, honestly, see your point - I'm just one who 'treated' myself to a bunch of cosmetics and see the opportunity to get some as 'freebies' to be a good move.

Can you all please stop the thread here until I'm back, I just saw the electronics store has that thing I bought there last year for half off AND people get a trinket with every purchase, so I'm going to complain to head office about unfair treatment.
If all else fails, I'm fully prepared to lurk near the exit all day and shoot everyone who participates in this disgusting business practice disapproving glances.
Discount sales are anti consumer and an unfair scam, you should report that store to Trading Standards immediately

How many here support letting everyone have access to the Cobra MK IV? If you do, great. If not, please tell us all why not.

Who here supports letting others have opportunity to buy a lifetime pass (or access to the gear they get using ARX)? Why/why not? Cheers.
Okay to both questions.

After a quick think I have now 180'd on Arx, and demand FDev fix the outragously unfair policy of allowing us to earn cosmetics by playing the game, by replacing it with the consumer-friendly practices of lootboxes. After all, kids love gambling. And add in pay2win too, that's what real gamers want. Praise be to RNGesus! 🤑

In this official announcement thread, are you helping to clarify the situation, or just trolling? Because I'm thinking trolling. I certainly don't think your extreme stance is helping anyone.

People are expressing concerns and that feedback is something they want FDev to take on board. I'm quite sure none of those you are mocking are in the least concerned that you think they are beneath contempt, and would certainly be concerned if the company that they paid to provide an ongoing service had such extreme views you apparently hold.

So maybe you could reign it in a bit & stop trying to wind people up.

Cool! So people can get this stuff just by playing the game, while players up to now couldn't while blocked off from flying every ship in the game! Sweet!

I'm glad that players have a means to get some livery stuff without mtx. cause those kinds of things honestly go a long way in this game. I've taken to using one type of covas for one manufacturer to give the ships more regional/cultural character.

But this isn't so nice as a post-cobraiv pre-arx player.

fix the cobra

In all honesty, I probably won't care that much come time for release and the change - updates, etc. However, I do think there is a valid point in some of what I'm stating as respects others who have paid money and expect that the stuff they have obtained due to that payment remain unique to them (and their special little group - lifetime backers, Cobra MKIV 'owners', etc.).

Whereas, we who have been long-time players, and supporters, apparently are not expected to feel disgruntled when Frontier announces that ARX is coming and that all things that were previously obtainable via Frontier Store using real cash (as good as the money paid by Lifetime backers, and Cobra MK IV 'owners'), are expected to shut up and accept the change without any objections.

Try suggesting that we should now have access to Lifetime backer content, or the Cobra MK IV and you'll soon find all sorts of people coming out of the woodwork objecting to this. But it's alright to give away everything free (soon, via ARX) that I, and others, have purchased... :unsure:

Still, the majority commenting here seem to have no problem with it. Probably because they haven't spent very much, if anything, on Game Extras. I guess I'm the only sucker here who has...😳
I have paid for stuff I think the change is great. Not a problem in the slightest. As to lifetime backer content, we all get access to that, they have just paid in advance and we have to pay when it comes out.

Lifetime backers don't get anything special (apart for the small pack of skins as an apology for taking so long for the next expansion).

In this official announcement thread, are you helping to clarify the situation, or just trolling? Because I'm thinking trolling. I certainly don't think your extreme stance is helping anyone.

People are expressing concerns and that feedback is something they want FDev to take on board. I'm quite sure none of those you are mocking are in the least concerned that you think they are beneath contempt, and would certainly be concerned if the company that they paid to provide an ongoing service had such extreme views you apparently hold.

So maybe you could reign it in a bit & stop trying to wind people up.
Agreed, forum-banter should be outlawed IMO

I've paid money for various paint jobs, ship kits, etc., and now Frontier are going to allow people to earn ARX to obtain what I have by simply playing the game (like I've been doing for the past several years). I had to buy this stuff with my cash, and now others will be able to obtain it without having to spend any more money. That's not a problem?
You're late to the party. I have paint jobs I won from Frontier's contests, and Ed Lewis used to give away free paint jobs all the time during the live streams.

BTW, soup kitchens give homeless people free food that you paid money for. You should add them to your class-action lawsuit.

Top Bottom