Notice ARX FAQ

Up until the last round of "Balancing" Arx earning, exploration earned very few arx, better if you SRV'd a bit and flew out to map lots, but at around 30 mill data you could go from 0 to hero...

Now more Arx are earned while exploring, but less given for data, so I think around 50 mill is needed now. If I'm away on a jaunt, I usually plan to return Weds...

Edit: It doesn't advise you of the amount needed, so you could sell your 540 mill in one fell swoop and max out - I just did a little experimenting with the figures initially, and again after the change.

I'll sell in batches and exit to the main menu to check progress as i sell.

This could be quite frustrating though.

I'll sell in batches and exit to the main menu to check progress as i sell.

This could be quite frustrating though.
I agree, but I just looked at it that 800 Arx for explo is better than 400... Hanging on to data where my main hangs out isn't a wise move, but as free Arx are just a sweetener it may be 'better' looking at 800 and freedom to carry on rather than maximising them, unless you have an alt to play with for a week or 3 :)

I find it interesting the lengths people will go to while trying to maximize ARX.

The 400/week cap comes to less than 25 cents.

Why bother trying to maximize it? It doesn't seem worth worrying about.

I find it interesting the lengths people will go to while trying to maximize ARX.

The 400/week cap comes to less than 25 cents.

Why bother trying to maximize it? It doesn't seem worth worrying about.

If a player is buying ARX packs it does seem a bit pointless I agree. But for those that don't earning the free stuff is just another progress box to tick.

I easily earn the 400 free ARX every week (usually by the end of a Friday session at the latest) but I still note that I have it. I'm currently saving up for the FDL wireframe bobblehead :)

Bought ARX through Steam 19 hours ago and as of now I still don't have it. Sent in a support ticket and says could take 48 hours to get a response.

Been trying for 1hr now to access the in game store for paintjobs with no luck. I get the "arx balance failed to update" and i also can't access the webpage.
I just want to see the paintjobs and cosmetics I've already bought! This is ridiculous. I feel like items that are already owned should not be locked behind this. The customization menu should not break just because there is something wrong with the services that handle the premium currency. The fact that this can break but the rest of the game doesn't just makes no sense.

Been trying for 1hr now to access the in game store for paintjobs with no luck. I get the "arx balance failed to update" and i also can't access the webpage.

Just to be sure, you are using the release client and not the beta? They did say that Arx functionality would not be available in the beta.

Eventually it worked. But from time to time i still have the same issue, maybe it's just the servers. And yes, the issue was on the release client, not the beta. Cheers!

I have to ask - WHY are players limited to 400 ARX per week ? - This is updated on Thursdays like the rest of the game - On following Fridays I have surpassed the 400 limits - Why not allow for more ARX? why not unlimited ARX?

I have to ask - WHY are players limited to 400 ARX per week ? - This is updated on Thursdays like the rest of the game - On following Fridays I have surpassed the 400 limits - Why not allow for more ARX? why not unlimited ARX?

Why do we get any free ARX at all? They didn't have to give the 400 we do get.

Because this is their only way to generate income outside of paid releases. They would bring in no money from horizons to new era of they let players earn unlimited arcs ( or substantially less money).

Why do we get any free ARX at all? They didn't have to give the 400 we do get.
Good point, they shouldn't have created that feature at all, but psychological tricks to drive profits is what the gaming industry is all about these days. This is typically a tactic used in free to play games, but in ED, you get both ends of the S stick.

If you know nothing about this practice and would like to educate yourself a little, here are some helpful links to books/articles/research on the practice and how it works.

I'm not against FDev making money, but I disagree with their methodology of using fake currency and the way they implemented it.

Last edited:
I'm not against FDev making money, but I disagree with their methodology of using fake currency and the way they implemented it.

Just don't buy ARX then. I don't. The free ARX offers me a path to saving up for & getting cosmetics without needing to pay real cash. I wasn't buying cosmetics before, for me there is no downside. I acknowledge the basic business practice of free samples, but not the argument that we are somehow entitled to more free stuff.

Just don't buy ARX then. I don't. The free ARX offers me a path to saving up for & getting cosmetics without needing to pay real cash. I wasn't buying cosmetics before, for me there is no downside. I acknowledge the basic business practice of free samples, but not the argument that we are somehow entitled to more free stuff.
See I’m the opposite now, I bought a lot of cosmetics when they were bought with real money. I wanted to support FDev and appreciated the transparency that came with real cash. The fake currency feels shady and dishonest to me... and the research agrees.

I’ve bought no ARX... and never will.

400 Arx per week is fine with me . I don't buy them I just play and let them build up over time and yeah it takes a long time to get a few thousand but it feels more like an accomplishment for me . Anyways back to tending to my passengers 😊

400 is arbitrary. It could be one, or a thousand. My alt account came close this week to making 400, but it has not altered my desire to spend them. There's not much that I want.

Top Bottom