ARX store inflation

You know whats even better?

I don't like it but i understand that they need money to run the servers.

So i decided to go and buy a ship. Nah have to buy ARX.
OK, put ARX into order:

Can't pay with Paypal.
I don't have a credit card, never needed one.
No option to pay for me.

Sorry, that is braindead.
Feels like a beggar that demands credit cart payments because he wants the perks too.

/double facepalm

FD clearly does not want my money.

You know whats even better?

I don't like it but i understand that they need money to run the servers.

So i decided to go and buy a ship. Nah have to buy ARX.
OK, put ARX into order:

Can't pay with Paypal.
I don't have a credit card, never needed one.
No option to pay for me.

Sorry, that is braindead.
Feels like a beggar that demands credit cart payments because he wants the perks too.

/double facepalm

FD clearly does not want my money.
Debit cards work to pay for ARX for me? Maybe it's a UK thing, but don't all bank accounts come with a debit card?

ahh balls. i had just enough arx to buy a skin for a fleet carrier (no where near the credits to buy one however). i havent looked but i suppose i am way off now.

For me, this is less about the price inflation of items, but the relative deflation of any existing ARX held. My buying power has been much reduced between one day and the next. Now, I don't personally care that much, I earned the ARX via gameplay and have no intention of exchanging them for anything. However, devaluing people's "savings" in this way is pretty harsh if they've paid for ARX with real money.

Basically, the £10 someone spent on ARX has overnight turned into far less than £10 of value. It's like if a company does a 2 for 1 share split, halving the individual share price value but don't issue extra shares. I feel for those that this might impact severely, due to "saving up" ARX, perhaps buying some, perhaps earning some in-game but with an end goal in site that's suddenly moved.

Personally, my ARX buying power being reduced, makes me even less likely to consider "topping up" with real money. That's just me though.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
almost everyithing in game can be fun to players thats why i was non specific about it. But i would guess grinding encoded or raw mats is not on the list of most people. If you make a coplete build you need so much stuff that you ether take a long time collecting them or you use the efficent methods that still take long but instead of week its days. I also asume your not home all day and you can play the game about 4 hours dayly
I was asking about you specifically, not about anybody.
You seem to want the game to be more "fun", but you don't quite know how that's supposed to happen, so I'm asking for some specific examples - what would make game more "fun" for you?

to be that honest it doesn't bother me its not like i live on the arks store i bought three ships today been saving my arks so i got the ships for free didn't have to buy none stuff has to go up that's just life i am not saying i am fond of prices but it don't bother me the game is free to play so win win on that front

yes making a game more fun and not having to spend days to grind materials is a very bad idea.

No, no, the nonsense behind it is not the idea itself, it’s the expectation that FDEV would do actually do that. Grind is a feature, and fun must be punished, or “balanced out”.

Originally combat bounties were much less than today because the idea was that combat was more fun than other activities so the fun was the reward itself.

Another example? Why is it in powerplay the ability to purchase more powerplay “commodities” at once is tied to your rank? You can still buy as many as you want, you just need to do it 10 at a time. Extra grind. Upping your rank reduces that grind. That’s just the mentality.

Last edited:
I was asking about you specifically, not about anybody.
You seem to want the game to be more "fun", but you don't quite know how that's supposed to happen, so I'm asking for some specific examples - what would make game more "fun" for you?
I personaly enjoy exploration, traiding, AX, Pve combat and of foot missions, if they would expand on them, make diffrent missions, rebalance the background sim for AX away from collecting of scout tissue samples to making kills and passanger missions count more. having more CGs. Implementing new gameplay for example onfoot boarding of capital ships or stations. But to summ it up less grind (engineering) as a prerequesit to engage in game machanics in a meaningful way.

Really is a slap in the face to those who save their arx from gameplay
Was a week away from an intended purchase and am now at minimum 2 and a half months away
You have stolen from us, plain and simple.
I only answer for myself.
In fact, the arx in the archive is just a bonus, an additional bonus.
And since before there was no place to spend the accumulated arks, the situation has not changed. There's nowhere to spend them for me.

I would take Python for the AX war, but rumor has it that it will end soon, what will I do with it ?
Have a boring piu piu in San Tu?

Debit cards work to pay for ARX for me? Maybe it's a UK thing, but don't all bank accounts come with a debit card?
I do have some kind of card for my bank account, but it isn't an option for payment online unless it is giropay. For me, the only payment option in the gamestore would be adding a credit card number. Which I don"t have or need or want.

My account is linked to Steam though, where I still can buy ARX with paypal. But that means my two non-Sream alts won't be buying any ARX anytime soon.

I do have some kind of card for my bank account, but it isn't an option for payment online unless it is giropay. For me, the only payment option in the gamestore would be adding a credit card number. Which I don"t have or need or want.

My account is linked to Steam though, where I still can buy ARX with paypal. But that means my two non-Sream alts won't be buying any ARX anytime soon.
Stop. Can I buy ARXs through Steam?

I've now scrutinized Steam and can't find how to buy ARXs there :(
But I saw that I started playing Elite from 2015, although lately I forgot everything and always thought I was playing from 2016 :)

Last edited:

Fair enough. Most banks I know of use Visa as their debit card intermediatory (based in the UK), but if yours is Giropay and the store doesn't accept that vendor then that's incredibly frustrating for you. I'm glad the Steam workaround gives a solution for one account for you. There are pre-pay cards available that you load funds onto before spending, but that's a lot of faff for one videogame's purchases.

Top Bottom