ARX store inflation

Well, at least the new ship so far hasn't drawn out more peak players than before, but it's still not weekend just yet. Meanwhile at Inara the Python MK II sits at 0.09% of all ships.

Meanwhile at Inara the Python MK II sits at 0.09% of all ships.
That is an interesting figure - if, as I believe it is, the P2 is only available to buy for EDO players currently - Live 4.x players cannot buy yet, can they?
(wonder how many players have not updated Inara for many months like me? I may just do that now!)

That is an interesting figure - if, as I believe it is, the P2 is only available to buy for EDO players currently - Live 4.x players cannot buy yet, can they?
(wonder how many players have not updated Inara for many months like me? I may just do that now!)
Live 4.x players should have access as well, they just won't get it for free credits only in August.

Never understood why paintjobs are so important. Nobody can see them anyways.
I bought a paintjob once and when even I couldn't see it I lost all interest in them.

I bought a paintjob once and when even I couldn't see it I lost all interest in them.
Wait, other players can't see my PJ? Has this changed now? I remember seeing many colorful PJs during the DW2 days.

Wait, other players can't see my PJ? Has this changed now? I remember seeing many colorful PJs during the DW2 days.
No, they are visible but only really close up in the light. I have never been close enough to anyone to see their paintjob.
When In my own ship I can't see the paint from the cockpit and the black of space. Total waste.

Last edited:
You're not wrong, but I personally do like putting paint jobs on ships that I like/use. It's become a bit of a ritual; I theorycraft a ship for a role, build it and try it out, refine it, etc, then if it works for me, I give it a name and a paint job. Since doing more on foot activities I've often changed paint jobs multiple times on those related ships in my fleet (i.e, where I can see it), missions such as the AX power reactivations for example, or exobiology. So whilst not always to do with "can I see it?" those ships where I do (and my fleet carrier) do tend to get more paint than others.

Conversely, some of the bobbleheads are more expensive than paint; I can see them all the time, but the price is just way too much. You can also see the gun paints arguably more often, and they cost more too, so maybe there is something in that.

Something something this is MY ship, there are many like it, but this one is MINE, and at least it doesn't look like all the others. Seriously though, with Odyssey you get to look at your ship from the outside, and cosmetic customisation is pretty big in every MMO. GW2 even got nicknamed Fashion Wars for it.

No, they are visible but only really close up. I have never been close enough to anyone to see their paintjob.
As I said, I've seen many colorful PJs back in the DW2 days, really close up as well. But then this was cooperative game-play and not PvP.

I was just wondering if they had removed that forwarding of PJ to other clients during the 4.0 transition or something like that. This would have really made it completely pointless. And I wouldn't be surprised if they've done that, either.

..Conversely, some of the bobbleheads are more expensive than paint; I can see them all the time, but the price is just way too much. You can also see the gun paints arguably more often, and they cost more too, so maybe there is something in that.
Yeah bobbleheads are cool, but I can only tolerate two on my dashboard.

As I said, I've seen many colorful PJs back in the DW2 days, really close up as well. But then this was cooperative game-play and not PvP.

I was just wondering if they had removed that forwarding of PJ to other clients during the 4.0 transition or something like that. This would have really made it completely pointless. And I wouldn't be surprised if they've done that, either.
No, nothing was removed. PJ work fine, and I can see a bunch of players landing on a bright planet (DW2) and seeing all the nice paintjobs, but those are rare. For me at least.

Yeah bobbleheads are cool, but I can only tolerate two on my dashboard.
I do find that interesting, and believe I'm in the minority, but I really don't like them at all, any of them. I have 1 which was part of the Xmas giveaway, sits in 1 ship, largely ignored. I don't like the strings lights either or anything you can put in the cockpit, they just don't "do it" for me, and I'm honestly surprised that others don't feel the same way. But I guess that is why the prices are so much higher; popularity. :)

Last edited:
I do find that interesting, and believe I'm in the minority, but I really don't like them at all, any of them. I have 1 which was part of the Xmas giveaway, sits in 1 ship, largely ignored. I don't like the strings lights either or anything you can put in the cockpit, they just don't "do it" for me, and I'm honestly surprised that others don't feel the same way. But I guess that is way the prices are so much higher; popularity. :)
Agree on the string lights. They are way too much in your face and bright, detracting from what's goind on outside. I like the holographic bobbleheads, and I have them on every ship dashboard reminding my of the role the ship has that I'm in.

I do find that interesting, and believe I'm in the minority, but I really don't like them at all, any of them. I have 1 which was part of the Xmas giveaway, sits in 1 ship, largely ignored. I don't like the strings lights either or anything you can put in the cockpit, they just don't "do it" for me, and I'm honestly surprised that others don't feel the same way. But I guess that is way the prices are so much higher; popularity. :)

They don't do much for me either. I popped Thargoid bobbleheads on my little AX flotilla, I found that fairly harmless. The only other thing I did was to buy the holographic alphabet set and put LIMPETS! across the dashboard on ships where it's highly relevant.

Just noticed the crazy increases in ARX costs in the store - across the board, big increases.
It would have been nice to see the 400 weekly ARX cap removed. You know, as some compensation... Heck, some recognition and reward for actually playing the game... "Sigh"

Top Bottom