ARX store inflation

I do find that interesting, and believe I'm in the minority, but I really don't like them at all, any of them. I have 1 which was part of the Xmas giveaway, sits in 1 ship, largely ignored. I don't like the strings lights either or anything you can put in the cockpit, they just don't "do it" for me, and I'm honestly surprised that others don't feel the same way. But I guess that is why the prices are so much higher; popularity. :)
You are not alone....

I do find that interesting, and believe I'm in the minority, but I really don't like them at all, any of them. I have 1 which was part of the Xmas giveaway, sits in 1 ship, largely ignored. I don't like the strings lights either or anything you can put in the cockpit, they just don't "do it" for me, and I'm honestly surprised that others don't feel the same way. But I guess that is why the prices are so much higher; popularity. :)
Fun fact about bobbleheads for me.
I too think they are expensive for what they would mean for me, so I don't buy them, but I have the free Christmas one and the Thargoid Interceptor, since it can be acquired in game through a tech broker.
This gave me the idea to keep a tally of the Interceptors I defeat with each of my AX ships: I use them as binary code on my dashboard (snowflake=0, cyclops=1) 😆

Fun fact about bobbleheads for me.
I too think they are expensive
I think they are expensive for what they are...

But... (there is always a but, isn't there?)

I bought the skulls (Mr Bones is OK, but not brilliant design, and is very active during flight), and, very early in game hours, the alphabet. I don't remember where the wire-frame Thargoid came from, and have the Tech Broker thargoid from ages back when @Bigmaec came out to ride shotgun with me when I was a mere scrub (nowadays, just a scrub, of course!)

I reckon I have had my perceived value from them, and if I saw others that really tickled me, may bite again.
Same as most cosmetics really - I have the ones I like, have ignored many!

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Th
I personaly enjoy exploration, traiding, AX, Pve combat and of foot missions, if they would expand on them, make diffrent missions, rebalance the background sim for AX away from collecting of scout tissue samples to making kills and passanger missions count more. having more CGs. Implementing new gameplay for example onfoot boarding of capital ships or stations. But to summ it up less grind (engineering) as a prerequesit to engage in game machanics in a meaningful way.
Thanks. Yeah, those meaningful additions you've mentioned there. It's often that people will say "no grind" and "fun" when they don't really know what they want or they want an instant reward (and then complain there is "nothing to do", because they consider the entire game to be "grind" :D ).

You'll generally find that being more specific and constructive when talking about stuff like that will get you a more positive response :)

It's often that people will say "no grind" and "fun" when they don't really know what they want or they want an instant reward (and then complain there is "nothing to do", because they consider the entire game to be "grind" :D ).
I play for fun.. (in other words, like my recreation to be enjoyable, in this game particularly, having a friend or two along for shenanigans hits the "fun" button big time)

I do have lots of engineered bits... (bloomin' P2 has made my stock shrink!) with the mats picked up during normal play, (a bone of contention) as I'll decide, these days, to spend a couple of play sessions flying around the various POI's picking up manufactured / data, or scan everything for an hour with a wake scanner at a tourism / Agro station, raws get collected as I poodle about in the SRV, or deliberately go out to the shard sites for a day.

Yes, I make time to do this, but is it grind doing so, if I'm enjoying the change of pace?

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
I play for fun.. (in other words, like my recreation to be enjoyable, in this game particularly, having a friend or two along for shenanigans hits the "fun" button big time)

I do have lots of engineered bits... (bloomin' P2 has made my stock shrink!) with the mats picked up during normal play, (a bone of contention) as I'll decide, these days, to spend a couple of play sessions flying around the various POI's picking up manufactured / data, or scan everything for an hour with a wake scanner at a tourism / Agro station, raws get collected as I poodle about in the SRV, or deliberately go out to the shard sites for a day.

Yes, I make time to do this, but is it grind doing so, if I'm enjoying the change of pace?
Maybe let's not go there, there are enough threads derailed by "what is a grind" lol.

Back on topic, having a look on the store, overall it's not so bad tbh. Sure, some of the price hikes are frankly ridiculous, but overall I think it's fairly acceptable IMO.

Maybe let's not go there, there are enough threads derailed by "what is a grind" lol.

Back on topic, having a look on the store, overall it's not so bad tbh. Sure, some of the price hikes are frankly ridiculous, but overall I think it's fairly acceptable IMO.
Yes, I bet soon we'll have forgotten it used to be more affordable, and get used to the new situation. It becomes easier to just be consumers.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Yes, I bet soon we'll have forgotten it used to be more affordable, and get used to the new situation. It becomes easier to just be consumers.
It's about being objective and reasonable. There many things wrong about how this thing was handled, from communication ("adjusting prices of some items"), through the fact that no new thingd were added to the store that could possibly generate revenue, to the outrageous hikes (for some items). But we also need to consider that this is the first rise since arx was implemented IIRC, that some of the rises are rather reasonable and that we can earn more arx in game now. Also that this is what keep this 10 years old game running.

And this is exactly what companies are hoping for, and why gradually they are getting more and more anti-consumer. This is not a good long term outlook.

It’s not even about the prices, it’s about the fact that they, overnight, devalued what people payed real money for just a day before. One day you agreed to purchase 100,000 Arx for $50 based on what you could get in the store. Then the next day, based on the purchasing power of those Arx, all of a sudden you only had 50,000 Arx to show for the $50 you spent. That is not right, that is shady, and that is a dirty practice.

If we would be allowed to purchase items directly with $$ then that would be a non-issue, they can raise the prices to whatever they like and people can choose to buy or not. Since they use a fake currency, they can just control that however they like and make it as worthless as they want it to be at any time. You could buy your Arx now and then 5 min later go to the store and find out you cannot buy anything with them because they suddenly raised the prices. It’s a scam, but unfortunately all companies with fake currencies are doing it.

EDIT:
Just to add, maybe the right thing to do to show appreciation and respect for customers would be to increase all of the Arx balances that were there prior to the price increase by the combined average % amount that store items increased. Or something like that.

Edit again. Not % amount since everyone would have different balances, I worded that incorrectly, but you get the gist of what I mean.

Last edited:
And this is exactly what companies are hoping for, and why gradually they are getting more and more anti-consumer. This is not a good long term outlook.

It’s not even about the prices, it’s about the fact that they, overnight, devalued what people payed real money for just a day before. One day you agreed to purchase 100,000 Arx for $50 based on what you could get in the store. Then the next day, based on the purchasing power of those Arx, all of a sudden you only had 50,000 Arx to show for the $50 you spent. That is not right, that is shady, and that is a dirty practice.

If we would be allowed to purchase items directly with $$ then that would be a non-issue, they can raise the prices to whatever they like and people can choose to buy or not. Since they use a fake currency, they can just control that however they like and make it as worthless as they want it to be at any time. You could buy your Arx now and then 5 min later go to the store and find out you cannot buy anything with them because they suddenly raised the prices. It’s a scam, but unfortunately all companies with fake currencies are doing it.

Yes, this is my biggest problem with the recent changes. I wonder how many people bought a load of Arx shortly before it was devalued so much. I doubt any of them are happy.

There many things wrong about how this thing was handled, from communication ("adjusting prices of some items"), through the fact that no new thingd were added to the store that could possibly generate revenue, to the outrageous hikes (for some items)
I’m personally very tolerant to new changes coming to ED and I still consider supporting FDev with some purchases from time to time … however communication for store prices changes was done very poorly. Sorry, there is nothing, in regard to it, what can put Frontier in good light. Imo the way which was used is the worst I can imagine.

Top Bottom