ARX store inflation

I was always fairly surprised that people were paying the previous prices for quite a lot of the stuff, but apparently they were, so...
For me the price of suit cosmetics, in particular, were always just at that point where saying no would happen, which is illustrated by my newer accounts having exactly 1 each, heavily subsidised by weekly Arx earnings.
I've never bought weapon skins, not value at all IMO, and very few full-price ship PJs and kits...

I'll spend my current Arx, but won't buy any in the forseeable future, not unless FD rethink store pricing.

Addendum: Even if they bring out a Courier Raider kit (I can dream) I don't think I'd be inclined to spend real money, and that is the kit I've wanted for years!

Last edited:
Might be best to hold on to them in case the invisible hand of capitalism slaps them in the face and they realize their mistake and experiment with different, lower prices.
As @Ian Doncaster mentioned, selling them for less (production cost for most having been paid for a long time ago) would probably end up netting them more revenue...
Most of my Arghs are safe for now, some earmarked spend, but the rest hovering, pointlessly, after.

A change to the store was announced.
Yes, I know about that one, it was last month.

I mean a new short announcement, something like: "Hey guys, we just updated the prices on the store and added some new things, check it out!".

Maybe even a short explanation on what changed: "This increased to that, that changed to this" etc. Simple, concise, civilised. I for example have no idea what the old prices were so now if I want to get this information, I have to rely on fan charts and the good will of more knowledgeable forumites to provided it (thanks to those who replied btw.).

I am not in that situation, but I'd imagine some CMDRs who bought ARX before the change and were hit by inflation might want to know these details.

Military, Tactical and Vibrant are rare ones now, it seems (though there still is a Cobra III 'Tactical Ice' for 1.6k, FDS/FGS also have the Graphite ones, FAS not anymore). And the Vulture 'Flash' is still available (for only 5K), but the Cobra III 'Medusa' is not :cool:

Maybe they're adding the missing ones later with adjusted price tags, so who knows. Conda at least has started to get Vibrants back (for 1600, used to be 620).

O7,
🙃

Last edited:
Top Bottom