Ships Asp Scout Asp Scout Appreciation Thread

1217294x1842.jpg

Low orbit around Riedquat, this AspS decked out with Reverb Cascade Torpedoes and Beam Laser Emissive tag. Uncle Monty
Looks great with that paint job and lighting.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who appreciates this ship. Might be better options out there, but I like the look of it and she runs cool and maneuvers well. I have mine kitted up as a material farmer/small time explorer.

Currently using it for the CG out at the Coalsack
ReZNPA9.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 121570

D
Well, I reckon the Asp Scout is just....great. Love flyin' it- it's superb at doing so and I kinda like it better than the FDL for rotational agility. Its boost is a little short, but it's always on tap and works very well. If only it was a little thinner...but not a real complaint.

Here's what I made of it this afternoon, anyway....

Been taking my heavy combat build out through various CZ's to give it a test out.... So far the only really issue I have is running out of medium MC ammo to quickly... need to go farm so basic mats soon for synth.

In the CZ's themselves the only tough fight I have had is when I get targeted by the whole spec ops wing.... enemy commander ships and caps aren't an issue at all...

Really enjoying flying this ship.

Sanderling - great stuff, good to see the AspS getting some serious cred. It'd be great to have a bit of outside footage - I'd be up for sitting in on MC and doing some shots, if that doesn't cramp your style.

Last edited:

Deleted member 121570

D
Sanderling - great stuff, good to see the AspS getting some serious cred. It'd be great to have a bit of outside footage - I'd be up for sitting in on MC and doing some shots, if that doesn't cramp your style.
No prob - shoot me a friend request in game and get in touch )

I just kickstarted my alt commander and decided that I will only use ships that my first commander overlooked. I was especially looking for something ultra agile for deep core mining. After playing around mining in a Vulture, which actually was great but too limited cargo and not great visibility, I realized that Asp Scout fits the bill. And I have to say she' s AWESOME!

Sooooo agile and that cockpit is perfect when deep core mining in VR. And with 48T storage (+6 additional T in the refinery) its perfectly balanced for a deep core run.

Sign me up to your club!

I got a second Asp Scout yesterday to outfit as a non-engineered, non-guardian booster, non-neutron booster exploration ship. I love the AspX for sure, but the Asp Scout gives me a lot of those vibes I got from the AspX variant in Frontier Elite II. My head cannon is the Lakon based the chassis of the scout on the 3200s AspX, and the current AspX is an AspX mkII, or III or whatever.

20230512000332_1.jpg

I took my Asp Scout, Nikuu II out on a test run to some places in the bubble reccomended by CMDR Buur, it was joy to fly around and you get the same view as you would in an AspX.
20230512005256_1.jpg

20230512012549_1.jpg

I got this nice shot of my hidden Asp while hacking an installation. A police Viper dropped in to scan me, but for whatever reason it stopped at exactly 1.00km. At that distance, I was too cold to scan.
(Can't find me? Look very carefully at the panels)
Elite Dangerous_2022.02.07-20.02.png

Top Bottom