At the end of my wits with connection issues..

Filed tickets when this first started but then the April update came through and it seemed all was fixed...but within a week it was back. It’s been happening ever since and I’ve not had an answer so yes followed the witchcraft here nothing is wrong with my connections, settings etc the problem is at frontier. As I said in another thread gonna give it a break, got my triple elite last month.

Sorry if you have already answered this before, but is there any way you can try it on another router or network?

Does anyone know if any progress has been made on this? I’ve been studying so hadn’t played for a while, logged in last week and got the latest update, and since then I’m having this issue. I’m hard wired, reserved IP, open NAT. I’ve rebooted every piece of hardware on my network. I haven’t tried tethering my Xbox to my iPad, but I could if the general consensus is that the problem is likely to be at my end (although it always work fine before)

UPDATE
Hi guys, Just a follow up. After putting in a ticket, I got speaking to FS, and thankfully we got to the route of the problem, after a bit of communication between myself and frontier support, I informed them that I had port forwarded all ports required for ED, disabled upnp, reset the xbox and cleaned cache, etcetera..
Anywho, after moving me one system over, at my request. We then looked at my game data, session reports an so on, an lo an behold... Two different MTU readings each time I log on, ..
So upon checking my own data on my end, in regards to what, both my xbox one (old chassis) and hub state are running the MTU at, both come back at 1432!!
So upon confirming this with Cmdr Luna, from Frontier support. We went ahead and logged on to my D-link 3782, admin settings, (Usually something like 192.158.6) And under WAN settings we changed the value to 1500.....
So, understandably a bit unsure as to whether I've fixed the problem after two weeks tinkering and general cursing towards the heavens.. I log on.. Boom. Mission boards load straight away. All accepted within like 2 seconds!! I could not believe it, compared to the "endless spinny thingy, then 'Failed to connect to the adjudication server, returning to the main menu'
I was in Heaven, now this is a fix that's worked for me, an it might not help you all and I've had 8 hrs straight playing tonight, even ranked up a few times! Lol
I just wanted to share my Joy with you all, and maybe if any of you guys on xbox are having the same problems as I was having , this might help.
Once again, my thanks to Frontier, especially Cmdr Luna, who without there timely and informative reply's, i would most likely still be floating about Ohm City, getting in the way lol
Now as its 5.28am, I'm of to fly about space lol !

I'll see you all up there, and remember LLAP!

GT: Aj31091 (xbox1) add me!

Regards
Cmdr (Ajay) Aj31091
o7

UPDATE
Hi guys, Just a follow up. After putting in a ticket, I got speaking to FS, and thankfully we got to the route of the problem, after a bit of communication between myself and frontier support, I informed them that I had port forwarded all ports required for ED, disabled upnp, reset the xbox and cleaned cache, etcetera..
Anywho, after moving me one system over, at my request. We then looked at my game data, session reports an so on, an lo an behold... Two different MTU readings each time I log on, ..
So upon checking my own data on my end, in regards to what, both my xbox one (old chassis) and hub state are running the MTU at, both come back at 1432!!
So upon confirming this with Cmdr Luna, from Frontier support. We went ahead and logged on to my D-link 3782, admin settings, (Usually something like 192.158.6) And under WAN settings we changed the value to 1500.....
So, understandably a bit unsure as to whether I've fixed the problem after two weeks tinkering and general cursing towards the heavens.. I log on.. Boom. Mission boards load straight away. All accepted within like 2 seconds!! I could not believe it, compared to the "endless spinny thingy, then 'Failed to connect to the adjudication server, returning to the main menu'
I was in Heaven, now this is a fix that's worked for me, an it might not help you all and I've had 8 hrs straight playing tonight, even ranked up a few times! Lol
I just wanted to share my Joy with you all, and maybe if any of you guys on xbox are having the same problems as I was having , this might help.
Once again, my thanks to Frontier, especially Cmdr Luna, who without there timely and informative reply's, i would most likely still be floating about Ohm City, getting in the way lol

Regards
Cmdr (Ajay) Aj31091
o7

I had the same issue for weeks I also found the support team quite helpful and after going through several idea they asked me to increase my MTU setting to 1500 unfortunately my router wouldn't allow a setting that high so I put it to the max allowed and I've not had any issues since.

I would also like to thank Cmdr Luna the main person who helped me

Your game used to work fine; cleared cashe, using wired int. makes no difference. I have reinstalled and it has actually made it worse. Log in to Solo or Open play and within seconds it ‘can’t connet to adjudication server’ and kicks out to main menu or crashes to black screen... this game is broken and I would like my money back! Or some reply?!

UPDATE

Regards
Cmdr (Ajay) Aj31091
o7
This isn’t something the average person can do. Why does this game now need semi professional level knowledge of IT to play?!!!

XBox has been sitting on my wired network with its IP in my router's DMZ for years now with no issues, but since yesterday I have constant connection errors trying to log in and have not been able to play. Nothing has changed in my settings, every other game connects fine, it's just ED.

It won't even return to the main menu after getting the connection error, just gets stuck "Loading game" and needs the game to be rebooted to get back to the menu.

MTU suggestion isn't a fix because my MTU has always been set to the router's default of 1500.

It's not an issue with my ethernet connection because it likewise throws up the same problem when I enable a wireless connection.

Nor is the problem isolated to a single router or internet connection. Or even a single Internet Service Provider. It happens whichever network I attempt to connect through, suggesting more of a server-side issue, or some kind of fault with the account system?

It can't even be a fault with the various ISPs' connections to my building, because it even affects connecting using my phone as a wifi access point, and the network mast that's connecting to is on the other side of the river.

Last edited:
XBox has been sitting on my wired network with its IP in my router's DMZ for years now with no issues, but since yesterday I have constant connection errors trying to log in and have not been able to play. Nothing has changed in my settings, every other game connects fine, it's just ED.

It won't even return to the main menu after getting the connection error, just gets stuck "Loading game" and needs the game to be rebooted to get back to the menu.

MTU suggestion isn't a fix because my MTU has always been set to the router's default of 1500.

It's not an issue with my ethernet connection because it likewise throws up the same problem when I enable a wireless connection.

Nor is the problem isolated to a single router or internet connection. Or even a single Internet Service Provider. It happens whichever network I attempt to connect through, suggesting more of a server-side issue, or some kind of fault with the account system?

It can't even be a fault with the various ISPs' connections to my building, because it even affects connecting using my phone as a wifi access point, and the network mast that's connecting to is on the other side of the river.
Aww man, sorry to hear that Cmdr, have you raised a ticket with Fdev?

My guess is, given it went away after a day, it was either some kind of hiccup with XBox Live which was restricted uniquely to Elite Dangerous but which went unreported on the service status page, or else it was some kind of hiccup with the ED servers, which ended up being fixed eventually.

I had a very similar issue, but I used an alt account and that could log in normally using the same Xbox and router etc.
How support fixed mine was to move my Cmdr and clear some cache their end.
Have you tried using an alt account on your Xbox to see if that works. That would rule out\in network issues?
Edit: Oops! Didn't see that you got it sorted.

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Hello there,

During server maintenance yesterday, we've made some improvements to our Xbox servers, which should result in more a stable connection between you and the Elite Dangerous servers, resulting in less disconnections and crashes for those affected!

We'll be continuing to monitor and make improvements to our servers to ensure a smooth experience for all.

Thank you for your patience!

I had a very similar issue, but I used an alt account and that could log in normally using the same Xbox and router etc.
How support fixed mine was to move my Cmdr and clear some cache their end.
Have you tried using an alt account on your Xbox to see if that works. That would rule out\in network issues?
Edit: Oops! Didn't see that you got it sorted.

No other accounts, so can't test that. But it seems there was some work happening serverside, so that probably explains it.

During server maintenance yesterday, we've made some improvements to our Xbox servers, which should result in more a stable connection between you and the Elite Dangerous servers, resulting in less disconnections and crashes for those affected!

Top Bottom