Community Event / Creation ***Attention Explorers*** GNOSIS Jumps planned THROUGH a permit Lock !

Since it's confirmed that the permit locked it's a planned matter and not a glitch i think this will be
probably the greatest mmo moment since the launch of the game.
Steady on. I highly doubt this will be greater than Distant Worlds, or many of the expeditions' meetups, or the Salami nonsense, or the many mass-jumps, or the huge scrap in Eravate, etc etc
Let's wait and see what happens before hyperboling all over the place :)

Steady on. I highly doubt this will be greater than Distant Worlds, or many of the expeditions' meetups, or the Salami nonsense, or the many mass-jumps, or the huge scrap in Eravate, etc etc
Let's wait and see what happens before hyperboling all over the place :)

Excluding the Distant worlds event...everything else was just pew pew nonsense, Also the whole salami thing was a great story portrait terrible within the game due to FD's lack of adding the substance Drew needed in-game, othjer than that i fear this will be another fail however i am very much hoping im proven wrong as the game needs a WOW factor not a permit lock.....OOOHH We can get in there...awww its just pew pew USS over and over....

Where is the Formadine Rift anyway? :S
Last I heard, they were still looking for it. Is there anything interesting there?

The plot thickens!! :) Never did anything alien related myself besides guardian drive and shield booster, but maybe finally now is the time! Corvette is back at Pleiades, dusting off the federal gunship (which i had a-rated and engineered for thargoid battle but never got to do any..). Maybe with other commanders there forming wings and stuff it will be easier. So one week to get the new fighters and reach the Gnosis.. ;) it will be quite a trip with the FGS jump range.. maybe i should get another ship for alien combat but i don't want to risk expensive rebuys and i hate re-equipping ships all the time.. plus with only AX weapons (not up to grinding the guardian ones) i don't see me faring that well. Also i'd hate to have my elite copilot die.

Last edited:
Ok that was bigger than i expected ! No need for the Bifocals.....

New GalNet story published

New Thargoid Interceptor Encountered

Independent pilots have reported engaging a previously unseen type of Thargoid vessel.

The Pilots Federation confirmed that several of its members have encountered the ship in both the Pleiades Nebula and the core systems.

Commander Jing-sheng Mendez gave this account:

"My wingmate and I were both hyperdicted while travelling through the Pleiades. We assumed that together we could handle a single Thargoid ship, but this one really soaked up our firepower."

"I managed to get away, but Leonie didn't make it. I've already started retooling my Krait with AX weapons. I want to head back out there…and get some payback."

Admiral Aden Tanner, Aegis's chief military liaison, made this statement:

"We can confirm that this new ship – classified as the Hydra – is a variant of the Thargoid Interceptor. It is structurally stronger than the Cyclops, Basilisk or Medusa, and releases a larger swarm of Thargon drones."

In response to this development, the Pilots Federation has sealed off the Cone Sector FN-J B9-0 system, which is believed to contain high concentrations of Hydra Interceptors. Despite this, it is understood that the Gnosis, flagship of the Canonn Interstellar Research Group, will attempt to complete its scheduled jump into the now permit-locked system

If we're going, bring a fast ship for we all intend to go into harm's way. Damn straight. I'm still in.
6d9f8e0dc7f83df58605dd375c6f3d79.jpg

Dear Gnosis Captain:

In light of recent developments, please consider adding a broad supply of various AX weaponry to your outfitting stores. You know, just in case.

That is all.*

Sincerely,

AllOfUs

*p..s. - ...and perhaps some of the Guardian modules.
*p.p.s. - ...and also material traders.
*p.p.p.s. - ....and while you're at it, technology brokers might come in handy in the long run. kthxbye.

Last edited:
In light of recent developments, please consider adding a broad supply of various AX weaponry to your outfitting stores. You know, just in case.

Currently docked at Mic Turner Base in California Sector BA-A e6. A mere 1.2 klys from Outotz. In stock:
- AX multicannon
- AX flak launchers
- AX missile launchers
- decon limpet controllers
- sample limpet controllers

If I could, I would bring along a few for you - but I don't think this is how this works...

I am so glad I put in all the Thargoid defense systems on my Krait before heading to the GNOSIS. Maybe my Xeno-scanner and shutdown neutralizer will be useful after all. Might go and add a PDS or two as well.

The plot thickens!! :) Never did anything alien related myself besides guardian drive and shield booster, but maybe finally now is the time! Corvette is back at Pleiades, dusting off the federal gunship (which i had a-rated and engineered for thargoid battle but never got to do any..). Maybe with other commanders there forming wings and stuff it will be easier. So one week to get the new fighters and reach the Gnosis.. ;) it will be quite a trip with the FGS jump range.. maybe i should get another ship for alien combat but i don't want to risk expensive rebuys and i hate re-equipping ships all the time.. plus with only AX weapons (not up to grinding the guardian ones) i don't see me faring that well. Also i'd hate to have my elite copilot die.

Gnosis has outfitting so you could always strip your ship to make the journey there easier then transfer your modules over once you are there

Gnosis has outfitting so you could always strip your ship to make the journey there easier then transfer your modules over once you are there

Technically for lore or whatever purposes the transfer option shouldnt be valid to Gnosis inside the cone as how would transport get through the permit :p

A Canonn commander ferries them over.

But PF Have locked the area.....I didnt see them say they gave Canonn permision to go there? more like they dont want them to so........

Good point. I'm also very curious if FDev has considered time and distance overlaps during a jump with outstanding deliveries. We'll know in less than 12 hours. :D

Personally i think if a station has deliveries being made that exceed the time of its departure it should just say nope...not delivering to you...much like Amazon when they dont like your road for some reason (Myself lol)

So I never had a combat-ready build and my current ship is an AspX... is there any point in going for some of these AX modules during this week? And do these require grind or are they regular purchases?

In other words: given the galnet post, pretty sure there will be random thargoid signals in the Cone system... can I equip my AspX to do something interesting other than not entering these signals?

I have played quite casually until now... meaning that I've avoided any kind of intensive grind (never engineered anything yet, for example). So sorry for asking what I guess are basic things.

Edit: I couldn't but LOL at this post: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ing-with-you?p=6959717&viewfull=1#post6959717

Currently docked at Mic Turner Base in California Sector BA-A e6. A mere 1.2 klys from Outotz. In stock:
- AX multicannon
- AX flak launchers
- AX missile launchers
- decon limpet controllers
- sample limpet controllers

If I could, I would bring along a few for you - but I don't think this is how this works...

Thanks for that tip ...and if I left now, it'd only be 838ly there, which would save me some time ....and then I'd arrive to find that Mic Turner Base only stocks medium AX MC's atm. :) Taking down even a Cyclops with only AX weapons (i.e., no Guardian weapons) is hard enough for most pilots with four large AX MCs; I'd hate to have to try it with only medium AX MCs unless I was a sierra hotel pilot. :-/ (Given that my record is one win in twelve attempts when it comes to soloing an Interceptor, I'm clearly not SH!) (YMMV if you're a skilled KBM player with the luxury of relative mode for your FAoff flying; but if you fly HOTAS/VR, fixed weapons are a dang site harder (if not nearly impossible) to use with any reasonable ToT!), leaving you stuck with using AX MC turrets because FDev has decided, in their infinite wisdom, that the Guardians only flew KBM against the Thargoids unless they were fighting multi-crew so their stoopid turrets would work...) [mad]). (But I digress [alien]).

At any rate, if you're on the Gnosis and have decided it'd be worth your while to use the next week going all the way back to the bubble to get some of the requisite AX weapons/modules needed to take down an interceptor (or make Thargoid Scout hunting easier), the nearest base that has all the weapons and modules you'll need (Decon Limpet Controller, Xeno Scanner and Anti-shutdown Field Neutralizer) is Ashton Installation, in the HIP 27305 system. It's 974ly from the Gnosis' current position. Don't forget to get an AX SLF for your fighter hangar, too, if you use one.

And, if you've never tried a Thargoid Interceptor before and really think this is the time to start (and it just might be, because finding wing mates might be really easy for a change if you don't want to solo it!), then while you're there, you'll want to buy and store a Military Grade Composite hull to swap out with your lightweight exploration hull and pick up as many HRPs as you can fit (and get them all G5 engineered if you can). You'll want every point of hull integrity you can get!

Thanks Camisade, I think that's pretty much what I wanted to know.

Are there any other activities that can be done without the aim to kill in these encounters? (Taking samples or scanning for data?) Mostly because I see that combat will be out of my league.

In response to this development, the Pilots Federation has sealed off the Cone Sector FN-J B9-0 system, which is believed to contain high concentrations of Hydra Interceptors. Despite this, it is understood that the Gnosis, flagship of the Canonn Interstellar Research Group, will attempt to complete its scheduled jump into the now permit-locked system

Wow - consider my 'flabber' well and truly 'gasted'... :eek:

Jry7nkb.png

Re-parks the explo AspX, and looks around garage for something else...[uhh]

Of course this could all still end in tears :cool:

gwKw4tv.png

Last edited:
A thought. Tell me if I'm being stupid here.

That Galnet announcement, with the Gnosis mission going ahead in spite of the explicit forbidding from the Pilots Federation - now, I've been playing various versions of this game for longer than many of you whippersnappers have been alive, and I was always under the impression that the word of the Pilots Federation was law and gospel.

People who know about the lore, tell me, has there ever previously been an official refusal to accept PF rules?

Top Bottom