Thanks for getting back to me BBT and for your feedback. Might look at getting some one day down the road. More buttons can never hurt :)

----

Thanks mr.Gr3y!

I have a error when i'm trying to load that script.My guess is because i do not have a TracIR.Can you make a script without TracIR for users like me?Because my PC gone crazy it push a "b" key repeatedly because of some macro maybe.Here below what type of error i get:

*** Allocated ProcInstances found from the previous run: use FreeProcInstance() ***
Mapped plugin module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\Plugins\sys.dll"
Physical USB HID devices managed by script!
Currently plugged USB HID devices[3]:
1: "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0404&REV_0100"
2: "T-Rudder" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B679&REV_0110"
3: "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0402&REV_0100"
USB HID device "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog"(USB\VID_044F&PID_0404\5&521A615&0&11) selected
USB HID device "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog"(USB\VID_044F&PID_0402\5&521A615&0&12) selected
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_B10A" cannot be found
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_B687" cannot be found
Error: (internal) cannot associate a filter with the selected USB HID device "VID_044F&PID_B679"
Virtual HID devices managed by script!
Connecting virtual joystick...Done
Device name set to Thrustmaster Combined
Connecting virtual keyboard...Done
Connecting virtual mouse (absolute axes)...Done
Rotation Correction: DISABLED
FA Joystick Profile[1]: Curve=1, Zoom=0
Landing Gear: RETRACTED
Trigger 2: Set to COMBINED Primary + Secondary Fire
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

ENHANCEMENTS COMPLETE: TARGET Macros & Functions initialised successfully!

Current States:

Classified Camera Mode = 0
Rotation Correction = 0
Combine Pri+Sec Fire = 1
Landing Gear = 0
Ship Lights = 0

Note: Toggles actual position will update values.

Initialising Joystick Axis
Initialising Throttle Axis

Enhanced Elite Dangerous Profile Engineered by Aussiedroid

Fly Safe CMDR!

main returned 0

Hey Vassag0,

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

BBT is correct, the absence of the TrackIR should not interfere with the running of the script. The only thing directly mapped for the TrackIR is the shortcut keys, which would likely not do anything if TrackIR wasn't running and mapped to those keys.

The script output you provided looks like it is running properly on the whole. The two lines here:

USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_B10A" cannot be found
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_B687" cannot be found

Means that you do not have the Thrustmaster MFD devices plugged in. This is ok, as these are not used in any way, but the script forces a check running in this part of the code:

Code:
	int main() {														// Exclude Missing Devices

Configure(&HCougar, MODE_EXCLUDED);
                Configure(&T16000, MODE_EXCLUDED);
                Configure(&LMFD, MODE_EXCLUDED);
                Configure(&RMFD, MODE_EXCLUDED);

if(Init(&EventHandle)) return 1;

Now the stuck 'B' key. Make sure all of your toggles are off, except for rotational correction. Try loading up the script again and test out to see if the key is still stuck. The 'B' key is the Previous Target select which should be corresponding to the hat switch on the joystick under the red button on the front. If an error is being thrown, I would suggest it may be causing the strange behavior.

Are you running the latest software? Also have you updated the firmware to the latest too? (just to check)

Edit:

Ok I noticed something... Error: (internal) cannot associate a filter with the selected USB HID device "VID_044F&PID_B679"
This looks like it is related to your Rudder pedals. These would want to be excluded from being added into the script profile. These are kept mapped separately as I have different brand Rudder pedals in my setup.

I am not 100% sure what needs to be added, but this may be the right name for the device. Try adding the following line into the following section:

Code:
int main() {														// Exclude Missing Devices

Configure(&HCougar, MODE_EXCLUDED);
		Configure(&T16000, MODE_EXCLUDED);
		Configure(&LMFD, MODE_EXCLUDED);
		Configure(&RMFD, MODE_EXCLUDED);
                [B]Configure(&TFRPRudder, MODE_EXCLUDED);[/B]

if(Init(&EventHandle)) return 1;

If that doesn't work, unplugging them should allow the script to load (just for testing), but will need to be excluded in the script (and mapped directly in ED) ultimately.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Thanks Aussiedroid, for your good work!

As you described, default mapping in your profile is to have Yaw on X Axis and Roll on Z Axis on Rudder pedals.

With no pedals for me now I like to use one of the throttles hat switches to maintain Z Axis.

Please, can you (or any other, of course) give me an advice how to handle that thing and where I have to change your coding and/or changes in ED?

Many thanks from Roger.

just assign it in game Roger, if Aussiedroid has mapped the throttle hat switches to keys with the script you still should be able to reassign those mapped keys inside the ED options menu.

BBT you beat me too it again! :)

Hey rogerkilo,

Congrats on the new HOTAS!

Changing Roll to a digital hat switch will be easy to update. Should not need any changes in the script directly as these are mapped in ED. My suggestion would be to remap the digital Yaw controls on the hat switch under your index finger to the Roll, but off course feel free to change it up however it suit you :)

Any questions/issues let me know.

Also just to let you and any one else using the profile know, I will have a small update going live hopefully over the weekend 2.2.6. Few minor changes really, refinements etc but core setup remains the same.

Cheers!
AD

Finally figured out what was my problem with loading the script. After reading a dozen forums one dude ( god bless him ) had the same problem like me . When i load the script the new device ( Thrustmaster Combined )doesn't work .Another USB device is stealing the priority. I had a N52TE (in my case is Razer Nostromo) that was stealing the priority, once I discovered what was going on and which controller was the culprit my combined WH is functioning correctly.

Suggestion, look at the controllers in the "game controller" window. See what order they are in. Look for what is on top and then search for that in your device manager. Disable it from DM and test your WH again.
I hope that i save some headache to another person like me! Now everything works fine and just need to get used to it.
Aussiedroid thank you again ! Good Luck to all!

Great to hear you got it all sorted Vassag0!

There is a program called JoyID that I think you can change the device order too. Any rate, good to know. :)

So Aussiedroid? I have been using your X-55 bindings for quite a while now. I have determined that the X-55 is a piece of junk. It looks good and works good but does not hold up longer than a few months. The company pretty much suck for support - my castle hat went mushy about a year ago after a few months of use. They told they had no parts and I would have to send it in and wait for the parts to come in. I asked them if I could keep using it until the parts came in since the rest worked fine....no dice....I sent it in and waited 5 months for a replacement. So my question, is the Thrustmaster that much superior? I heard the TM does not have a rudder control on the stick. I would think that would be hard to live with. I dont mind paying a lot for something if I get value. I would really like to dump my Saitek X-55.

Nice stuff! If I ever lose my bindings, this will be the first place to go; but I might have a look at this regardless in order to figure out the scripting stuff. I'd love to set some pip presets, rather than click-click, click-click-click, etc.

So Aussiedroid? I have been using your X-55 bindings for quite a while now. I have determined that the X-55 is a piece of junk. It looks good and works good but does not hold up longer than a few months. The company pretty much suck for support - my castle hat went mushy about a year ago after a few months of use. They told they had no parts and I would have to send it in and wait for the parts to come in. I asked them if I could keep using it until the parts came in since the rest worked fine....no dice....I sent it in and waited 5 months for a replacement. So my question, is the Thrustmaster that much superior? I heard the TM does not have a rudder control on the stick. I would think that would be hard to live with. I dont mind paying a lot for something if I get value. I would really like to dump my Saitek X-55.

Hey Elprez, your experience with Saitek is almost identical to what I went through (also castle hat on mine). No spares and no local support so they asked me to post it back to USA. For the cost of postage from Australia that is just crazy, not to mention 3 weeks between replies. So saved up for the Warthog over several months and had a break from ED.

So eventually got my gear, got it all setup etc etc, and could immediately feel the difference. The accuracy as you track targets, the solid feel under your buttons, the better placement & spacing of hat switches. Almost felt to a degree like I was learning to play again, and I guess with getting pedals it was like learning to drive a manual car after always driving automatics. Lack of twist, I don't miss myself. I found it simpler to use, but generally speaking less accurate. I tested out using roll on digital hat switch before setting up my pedals and found it was certainly playable having 2 axes analog and 1 digital (be it roll or yaw).

Now the real comparison came when I went back to do my final profile update on the X-55 after using the Warthog for several months .. and wow, chalk and cheese! Superior doesn't quite cover how much of a difference there is between the HOTASs. I was skeptical on the price if it was worth it but yes significantly superior to the X-55 in almost every way. Personally, I do still like the X55 throttle and took me longer to learn to love the Warthog one mainly because of the thumb button positions (which I just liked better on X55).

Also, the scripting software gives you so much control over how you use your Warthog devices that puts the Saitek software to shame. One of my early concerns was the toggle setup, and if I could get ED to use them properly, but now I see anything is possible with the scripting language. Just a higher barrier of entry to learn it all and write.

TLDR: I am very happy with the investment .. :)

Nice stuff! If I ever lose my bindings, this will be the first place to go; but I might have a look at this regardless in order to figure out the scripting stuff. I'd love to set some pip presets, rather than click-click, click-click-click, etc.

Thanks Mangal! Yeah feel free to grab any of the scripting code for your own profile, or to change mine to suit your own preferences. If you need any help understanding my script, let me know. :)

Still haven't found the time to setup/configure mine...

Not sure how to call it...Are you using the throttle bump? Have you re-configured this?

Do you mean the Throttle Lock mr.Gr3y? If so yes I am still using it. Find it handy actually and has become part of my landing/launch routine.

I think we mean the same thing.
By default:
When you reverse and have to lift the throttle and then can go back further. The same is possible for forward.

Maybe charge FSD?

Really need to take the time to configure mine. It works quite well by default in ED but for the "extras" you'll need the software. And already got most functions set up as secondary keybinds.

Last edited:
Top Bottom