I haven't gone through the troubleshooting steps suggested by Clicker - yet

But I wanted to share, and say thank you, for the link to TekCreations in your v 4.2.0 release. I am going to get the custom plates with an extra bit of 'flare'
Not quite to scale. Hope I'm not out of place by sharing, I will remove if I am...lmk...
View attachment 142342

From now on I think your callsign is Draxsom! :)

Looks great!

Thanks a lot. Though , I don't really fully understand JoystickOverride , but I will check it my self through the code. Thanks for the Yaw to Roll answer. I am a newbie , and I am really appreciated.

No worries at all.

If you are starting out in the game or the script, I would not worry too much about the JoystickOverride feature at this point. Its really an advanced feature for those who want to customise the script further. I would hazard a guess you have enough to learn at the moment :)

Fly Safe, AD

Last edited:
Got a small beta feature update to share with you all, if you want to have an early play. Being I have just pushed out a release it may be a little while before this is officially included.

This updated statement should allow the Supercruise On Throttle (with Pinky Modifier) to work in both directions! So rather than counterinuitively throttling up to disengage the Supercruise at your destination, you can now throttle down to 0% with modifier to do the same action.

Copy the code below around line 114 in the main AD_ED_4.2.0 script file:

Code:
if(CruiseOnThrottle == 1) KeyAxis(&Throttle, THR_RIGHT, 0, AXMAP1(LIST(0,1,99,100),
                          EXEC("if(Joystick[S4]) ActKey(KEYON+PULSE+FrameShiftDrive);"
                               "if(Joystick[H4P]) ActKey(KEYON+PULSE+Supercruise);"),
                          EXEC("if(Joystick[S4]) ActKey(KEYON+PULSE+FrameShiftDrive);"
                               "if(Joystick[H4P]) ActKey(KEYON+PULSE+Supercruise);"),
                          0));

It seems to be testing fine in Event Viewer, but I haven't played with it in game yet. Appreciate any feedback!

Cheers, AD

I normally use supercruise on the side hatswitch (not sure if that is it's name). But I'd be willing to test for ya, work permitting I'd like to get in-game with-in the hour.

Hello! New guy checking in. I wanted to say thank you for all your hard work and dedication to the project. It's be a huge learning experience for me and you've made my in game experience that much better. If you don't mind, I have a few questions for you, that should be pretty basic. Sorry if these have been asked before, I've tried searching.

1. I fly for a living and now matter how much I try to re-teach my brain that the rudder pedals control inverted roll, is just not going to happen. So, I'd like to swap the primary roll and yaw axis. I'm running MFG Crosswinds for reference. Should I just switch the bindings in in ED, or do I need to change stuff within Target GUI & Script Editor? I'd still like to retain Alternate flight controls and Joystick sensitivity presets.

2. The Thrust (?digital?) "Up, down, left, right" makes a little more sense to be on my left hand index finger (pointy hat right throttle) while swapping the Thrust "FWD,Back" and Yaw "Left, Right" to the left hand thumb (pointy hat right throttle). To retain in game bindings, is it best to switch these commands within the script editor? I have no real clue on how to go about this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for all your help! And see you around Commander. ;)

Hey and welcome!
  1. Gratz on MFG Crosswind, using these too, excellent piece of "hardware", totally worth it.
    Not using the script here but been following this thread for very long, learned quite a lot about TARGET.
    I think the script does not handle Crosswind, so you just should rebind them in ED.
  2. Same here, it probably would be easiet to just rebind these in ED.
    I'd suggest (I neither know this chap nor do I get my share fro recommending :p ) to get the Slew upgrade for the Warthog. It replaces the slew/mouse thingy on the Throttle with a mini analogue stick. I can repost the link if you're interested.
Let's see what the pros say. ;)

Fly safe CMDR! o7

Hey and welcome!
  1. Gratz on MFG Crosswind, using these too, excellent piece of "hardware", totally worth it.
    Not using the script here but been following this thread for very long, learned quite a lot about TARGET.
    I think the script does not handle Crosswind, so you just should rebind them in ED.
  2. Same here, it probably would be easiest to just rebind these in ED.
    I'd suggest (I neither know this chap nor do I get my share fro recommending :p ) to get the Slew upgrade for the Warthog. It replaces the slew/mouse thingy on the Throttle with a mini analogue stick. I can repost the link if you're interested.
Let's see what the pros say. ;)

Fly safe CMDR! o7

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I love my crosswinds. That said, I need to play around with the cams/springs. Stock is a bit to "loose" for me, I prefer to have a tighter centering. I do believe the mapping contains the binds for the pedals to work. I've set up my profile according the install directions and it works as advertised. Hopefully someone can give some input on the best method to swap the two axis. Funny you mention the slew upgrade. I have it on back order. Unfortunately it will be November until it arrives. In the mean time, hopefully someone can guide me in making the necessary thrust changes.

Take care commander!

Spin

For my second question, do I modify/move the settings in white
USB [0xXX]
I could copy and paste the approriate USB control point to the proper Thruster control location? Why are the FWD/Back Thrusters green and disabled?

Attachments

• Thrust.JPG
    Thrust.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 256
Hey SpinCykle,

Thanks a lot for checking out the script! Totally understand why you would want to change the axes around, and have had a few who prefer it the more conventional way :)

I think Mr. Grey has you covered on the first questions, but to reiterate:

1) Most of the axes can be simply changed within the config key bindings in game. Swapping rudder axis with x-axis on joystick is fine. The script does modify some axes but generally mapping can be changed directly without script changes.

2) For the hat switches for the thrusters (mic hatswitch) and the other coolie hatswitch are also both soley mapped in ED config. So changing this up should be easy, but bear in mind the coolie hatswitch does have a bunch of other things mapped so will need to ensure its not conflicting with anything else. Quick look, I believe there are a few ship controls on that switch, but they are low priority mappings and could possibly be removed or moved to the mic hatswitch as required.

3) There is a table at the bottom of the file with all the USB mappings for each key. You can substitute any other mappings as required. As with everything else, will need to check there is no conflicts. Likewise, if you do change a mapping in the script keymap file, then you will also need to update the appropriate mapping in ED binding file to align. Those few that you are seeing in green (commented out) are mappings that are not directly used in the script at this point (but may be mapped in the ED binding file). The Thruster controls you mentioned earlier, are only digital (on/off) controls and not related to the main axis. If you wanted to map that in the script, you would remove the // at the start of the line. Was there a particular keybind you were looking to change?

I found my MFGs to be loose too when I got them. I ended up tightening the spring almost all the way up to give it a firm tension and precision. Still no complaints, they are a great bit of kit, but have occasionally have it flip out and loose center. Found that was a loose centering bolt and a spot of super glue fixed it.

I've also ordered one of the upgraded slew controls (waiting till Nov too!) .. everyone is raving about them though so I am looking forward to getting it before the 2020 release next year :)

Got my throttle plate replacements delivered this week too, so looking forward to installing them over the weekend... anyways I am rambling now..

Any other questions or specifics you need to know, please let me know.

Cheers, AD

Last edited:
Wow!

Thank you for such a detailed response. I appreciate all your help.

The axes switched without problem! And it appears I do not have any conflicts, thank you. ;)

The hat switches though, appear to be a bit more challenging. I've moved them but I've clearly created secondary issues within the in-game ED bindings which I don't have the knowledge to fix. Haha. The learning process is real right now. So I've gone back to the "original" mapping with the modified axes (roll/yaw) while using the analogue vert/lat thruster control. Side note, that slew button is awful. November really needs to hurry along. As I really see no need for digital thrust controls once the mod is installed.

Can I edit the ED game mapping file without the game running? Maybe wordpad? Or a beter suited program?

Also, I think we both ordered (templates/slew mod) at the exact same time. My templates should be here today or tomorrow. I'll post a picture when they are installed.

Now, a few minor things that I've noticed. All user error I'm sure.... My throttles are set to (Fwd Only, Full Range & Precision) default mapping. I used to be a FWD only guy but I've decided to move to the (-100 to 100) range. After running the ED bat file and starting the game (at station/docked) I've noticed that after my ship goes through the launch annimation and is free from the pad, lots of reverse thrust is applied sending my ship backwards. I have the throttle set to idle, not over the gate to off and the throttle mode to "Full". I though Thrust was dissable when at idle for this exact reason? Should I just eyeball the throttle placment for 0 or "idle" so this isn't an issue after start up?

Cheers,

Spin

It appears I was able to sort out my issues without breaking any of the in game bindings by editing the .binds file outside of the game GUI. I simply opened the .binds file in notepad and changed some of the code to reflect my desired inputs! Here's what I changed! Am I doing this correctly?

swap raw axis yaw:

<Binding Device="ThrustMasterWarthogCombined" Key="Joy_XAxis" />
<Inverted Value="0" />
<Deadzone Value="0.04000000" />

with roll axis raw (inverted value removed) :

<Binding Device="16D00A38" Key="Joy_RZAxis" />
<Inverted Value="0" />
<Deadzone Value="0.20000000" />

*note binding device above is the ID associated whit my MFG Crosswinds.

swap up thrust button primary device:

<Primary Device="ThrustMasterWarthogCombined" Key="Joy_27" />

with down thrust button primary device:

<Primary Device="ThrustMasterWarthogCombined" Key="Joy_29" />

swap Up (28) -> (27) and Left (27) -> (28)

swap Down (30) -> (29) and Right (29) -> (30)

Is simply changing the number value (Joy_ XX) associated with the digital control sufficient as long as I don't change the secondary device keyboard command? Or should I change the keyboard command too? Are there script commands based off the keyboards key mappings associated with the "Joy_XX" buttons?

Backwards/Forwards thrust mappings are fine.

Hey Spin,

Cool, sounds like you have figured out most of your issues already :)

Yes, changing via notepad++ or similar is fine, I do this for the non-MFG binding file to remove the axis mappings and seems to work. I was going to suggest, that it may be better to move all the mappings and completely swap the two hat switches, but yeah, either way its a little painful given the mappings are all over the different sections in the bindings file. I'm hoping the slew upgrade might offer an alternative for me too instead of that hatswitch with the digital controls.

Is simply changing the number value (Joy_ XX) associated with the digital control sufficient as long as I don't change the secondary device keyboard command? Or should I change the keyboard command too? Are there script commands based off the keyboards key mappings associated with the "Joy_XX" buttons?

I think all the controls would need to be changed over. So for each XX -> YY move all the commands and give it a test (and maybe make a backup :cool:)

Regarding the Throttle on Full-Range, it is definitely the way to go with ED, although a bit harder to master, its worth the effort.

Hitting the deadzone may take a little practice to hit spot on zero each time as there is no center indent to help. Took me a while personally, but now its second nature. It should remain at zero after launch though if it was in the right spot. What I used to find is that I would lean my hand on the throttle ever so slightly while in station and move it, always giving tiny movement on launch, but eventually broke that habit ;)

While you are still getting used to full range and the script you can try to change the deadzone in the user preferences:

Code:
define TFULL_DEADZONE        5

Change the 5% to 10-15% and give it another test. As you get used to it, you can drop it back down again.

I would also check after running the script (but before entering the game) that the axis is calibrated correctly via the Device Analyzer via TARGET (on the off chance something is out of whack).

With the Idle lock, it should be killing the throttle when in position regardless of the status in game (saying that, I might need to retest again post ship launch as I haven't used it for a while so maybe its bugged). To confirm the action, are you lifting the throttle handle up and over in the back position (into the locked 'groove')?

Can't wait to see the pics too!

Cheers, AD

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks again for the fast response. I think I'm at a pretty good spot now regarding the mapping. Now it's on to just learning the games mechanics and enjoying myself until a few of my controller mods arrive.

Your dead zone fix is definitely helps! A little muscle memory training will go along way with this. Just thinking out loud here... Have you heard/seen the 3d printed throttle mods? They are 3d printed inserts that replace the afterburner detent between the throttle levers. See my link below. It appears that one already exists. This could be an super easy.

As a side note, Device Analyzer and Event Tester do not show my Thrustmaster throttle or joystick and constantly crash. My crosswind pedals are recognized though, ironically.

No worries at all Spin.

I wasn't aware of the replacement parts you linked. That is cool! (and a reasonable price) Thanks for sharing.

I just tested the Device Analyzer and Event Tester on my PC and sure enough it looks like its broken! Event Tester showing no keystrokes, and DA only shows throttle as an enumerated device. I haven't reinstalled or changed anything my end so I assume its a Microsoft update or something that has broken things. Grrr. No new drivers or software on Thrustmaster site to fix it, but that isn't surprising lol.

Cheers, AD

Hi,

Thanks again for the fast response. I think I'm at a pretty good spot now regarding the mapping. Now it's on to just learning the games mechanics and enjoying myself until a few of my controller mods arrive.

Your dead zone fix is definitely helps! A little muscle memory training will go along way with this. Just thinking out loud here... Have you heard/seen the 3d printed throttle mods? They are 3d printed inserts that replace the afterburner detent between the throttle levers. See my link below. It appears that one already exists. This could be an super easy.

View attachment 143586

As a side note, Device Analyzer and Event Tester do not show my Thrustmaster throttle or joystick and constantly crash. My crosswind pedals are recognized though, ironically.

Yes, those center indents work great.
I have two of them, one with and with out the reverse indent. If you go 100% FA Off ( as I have earlier this year), it is a must have.

Also another must have mod for the WartHog. It turns the slew control into an analog 4-way joystick with pushbutton: https://deltasimelectronics.com/products/thumbstick-slew-sensor-adapter

Last edited:
These two lines started showing up earlier today and I can't figure out why? Im sure it's user error but everytime I run the script in Target these two items show up.... Whats going on here?

Code:
SHIFT KEY FORWARD  >>> [Comms Channel: AUTO-TEXT]
SHIFT KEY FORWARD  >>> [Repeater Mode: COMBAT-ENDLESS]

Thanks,

Spin

These two lines started showing up earlier today and I can't figure out why? Im sure it's user error but everytime I run the script in Target these two items show up.... Whats going on here?

Code:
SHIFT KEY FORWARD  >>> [Comms Channel: AUTO-TEXT]
SHIFT KEY FORWARD  >>> [Repeater Mode: COMBAT-ENDLESS]

Thanks,

Spin

Hey Spin,

it's because the pinky trigger on the throttle, the one on throttle axis itself on the left (aka "Modifier 4") is pushed forward. Set it back to a center position.
It is used to modifiy the joystick coolie hat switch functions.

Tak

Is there someone who might be able to help me set up Voice Attack? I'd like to use Discord as my external chat w/ PTT functionality and than use Voice Attack the remainder of the time.

I've mapped my Discord PTT to 'Numpad *'

And my Target Script User Prefrences are as follows:

When I start Voice Attack this is what's displayed:

The missing keybinds report states the following:

Binds selected in Elite: Aussiedroid Coolie Hat Mod 4.2.0
Binds filename: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings\Aussiedroid Coolie Hat Mod 4.2.0.3.0.binds

The following is a list of keys which MUST be bound to a keyboard keypress for all
commands to function. It doesn't matter what key you bind as long as there is one.
You can use modifiers as well so something like ALT+A or CTRL+A are fine too.

Keyboard bind missing in Elite: Weapons: Secondary fire. Previous profiles used mouse2 but Singularity requires this to be a keyboard key
Keyboard bind missing in Elite: Drive throttle: Forward only throttle reverse
Keyboard bind missing in Elite: Full Spectrum system scanner:Leave FSS

I believe I have VA configured wrong, but I don't know what to change to get it working? The following are my options -> hot keys tab .... Do I need to set something up regarding Recognition Global HotKey or Joystick?

Maybe there are some ED game settings that need to be changed too?

Thanks again for all the help! You guys are the best. :)

Spin

Last edited:
Top Bottom